Posts by FearAbsolute

Guys, I'm looking for some advice about cabinets. I'm pretty new to IR's and cabs & those sorts of things.

I've had an unpowered Toaster for about 2.5 years now, but I struggle and go back & forth with different cabinets. Some are too bright, others too dark, some too muddy, others too mid-scooped.

I'm a Metal/Hard Rock guy, who uses anything from Plexi's, to Friedmans, JCM800's, Suhr PT100, etc. The tone needs to be thick, saturated, not fatiguing to the ears & defined. I play exclusively through in-ears via the Kemper's headphone out.

Here is my favorite rhythm guitar sound ever as a reference -

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    The riff @ 0:29 is where you can really hear what I mean.

I'm getting closer, but was hoping for some advice about free ones on the RE to get things rolling. Many thanks to you all...this Forum rules. 🙏

This is great example of why there is no right or wrong answer to the “which profiles are best for………’ questions.

I like HW and Sooze and really want to like their profiles. I have the everything pack and haven’t managed to find a single rig that I would use in place of my personal favourites.

I am not suggesting that Tone Junkie profiles are bad or that you are in anyway wrong in your choice. Merely pointing out just how personal and subjective tone is. Its a good thing that we all like different things anyway or music would sound really dull.

Absolutely, man. Agreed. When I first got a Kemper 2.5 years ago, many of the members of this very forum (full of great dudes!) suggested the MBritt Profiles, so I used them for quite a while. But, the more I searched the Rig Exchange & bought packs, the less the MBritt Profiles worked for me. Top Jimi does really nice stuff too.

Tone is sooo subjective, could not agree more.

The new Suffocation song is killer!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That is exactely what a Marshall tonestack does.

I've found that the JCM800 Liquid Profile works really well with a lot of my other, older Profiles. Smooths them out, introduces a midrange that is pleasing to these old ears. But some sound better with just the Generic EQ.

Pretty darn blown away by LP'ing so far. 👌

After playing around for a bit with LP, gotta say it lives up to the hype. Some amps sound better with the Generic setting, some come alive with the actual LP for that amp...and many sound cool with another amp's LP. It'll be fun to sit with it for a while & tweak.

As usual, I liked Britt's Liquid Profiles the best. He really knows how to dial in a JCM800!

Glad you returned! What a great story, thank you for posting that. 🙏 This has been my experience with the unpowered Toaster after two years now..

It has completely changed not only how much I play guitar, it's also caused me to fall in love with the instrument all over again. There's maybe 40 Profiles on my Kemper, but those 40 are truly incredible. The thing blows my mind! Through in-ears? This thing is GOD. It's mercilessly addictive. It's cleaned my playing up because great Profiles don't cover up sloppy playing!

Some guys like to always tweak their sound, day-to-day, mess with it - and I'm one of 'em. The controls are so easy, they're right on the face of the amp. Easy. Love adding an effect pedal in there on a whim: Fuzz, octaver, transpose, etc...turn a few knobs, VOILÀ.

Glad to have you back!

Trust me when I say the actual units do not really sound like that "stock" and straight in. With gain on 10, it's a bit more than a JCM800 and to me sound a lot like one. I've had 2)MP1s and 1) MP2 used them for years and alone they are not "Brutal" If you spent $1,000.00 buying a real one you'll wish you would have saved your money and just used the Kemper profile.

The one I use has an "EL34 Mod" or something done to it. The closest comparison in tone would be a Friedman BE. A lot of what I play is old school Thrash/Death Metal, and I must have tried 300+ Profiles...nothing really floored me...until the ADA. 🙂

Ever notice many pros always tout their "custom" this or that (making sure you know it's special and you can't have one). Nobody ever goes on about their Fender Hot rod Deluxe or something everyone can easily get, it's always something that you can't try for yourselves easily. I recall getting frowned upon because I still used an ADA MP1 around 1994. I had to beg to sell it for $75.00 because they weren't cool anymore, but as soon as they are near extinction and forgotten about for a period of time, they become awesome again, profiles are sold of them and sell for $500.00- $900.00! Same with JCM 800s. When they came out most players couldn't stand them unmodded and you could buy them any day of the week for under $400.00 . Now they are legendary and sell for 4X that. They still sound the same just like the "legendary" ADA MP1 does it's just now less people have them so it's something people say they have that you don't

An ADA MP-1 Profile from Rig Exchange has been my go-to heavy rhythm sound for months now. What an incredibly tight, defined & brutal tone it has. 🤌

The Beta update seriously messed with my toaster. The tuner wouldn't work, the Kemper crashed two times, etc. Ended up having to reinstall the latest non-Beta OS to get it to work like normal again. I'm just going to wait for the official release down when that comes out.