Posts by Tony G

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz

Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable)

System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

This is my laptop. It runs rig manager without any glitches.

When I use my D.A.W. I find its adequate for travel but I need more processing power in the studio and the amount of memory is really noticeable. I use 32GB in my desktop and a Intel Core i7-14700F. Its a gaming computer basically that works very well in the studio not the best maybe but its what I have. Oh yeah also 2 terabyte SSD and its time to get another one because I only have 175GB left in it.

So bottom line is:

If you just want to use it for rig manager, my laptop is more than good enough. (i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz with 8 gigs of ram). If you want to use it for recording. Then you probably need more of everything. I went with a gaming computer for that, but I do like gaming as well.

I read that AMD cpu like AMD Ryzen may not be compatible with all hardware and software. Ex, sound card or DAW software. I never used AMD so I don't know if those claims are true. If anyone out there is using the AMD Ryzen cpu it would be nice to know if it works ok because its cheaper and has excellent benchmark specs.

I Hope this helps... Cheers...

Kemper Kone is a speaker designed by Kemper.erator

I found this from an earlier post from a moderator ckemper.

The behaviour of the Kemper Kone is fully controlled by the software of your Profiler. To activate the „intelligence“, the Kemper Kone mode, navigate to the page „Kemper Kone“ in the OUTPUT section and press the soft button „Kemper Kone“.

So unless you own a Kone speaker you don't really need this button as far as I understand.

I hope this helps.

This is actually a really cool post because I too have never been able to make the delay sound properly for U2. There must be something in the recording he is doing. None of the videos on you tube sound like it to me. except for when he does it.

I listen to the videos on here and even if they sound close there is still something missing to me. Maybe its psychological.

I have been able to get close with my rack gear but never that I was 100% happy with it.

We need a good tutorial. Maybe Kemper Amps Official on you tube can make one. I would love it, that's for sure.

To my Kemper: Sorry I strayed, The grass is not greener over there in boutique tube amp land and although I did a bad thing and don't deserve forgiveness, it made me love you more.

True Kemper is awesome but I still love my amps and I'm not selling them. There is something primitive about playing through my Mesa Mark V, my Fenders or even my 6505 head. My other amps I could sell without remorse but not these ones. Kemper is just the most convenient tool I have ever bought without question. It does everything I need. I use it for recording writing and practicing but I have never used it live. Usually the Mesa Mark V combo is my go-to live and band practice amp.

Think of it this way. Everything is liquid now all you have to do is change the amp model under amplifier. But if you want to know which ones have been liquified just click on Amplifier and if it doesn't say Kemper generic than its a liquid profile.

I use Yamaha HS5. I'm really happy with these speakers.

This is what I use as well but I live in an apartment so they are fine. If I lived in a house I would want something bigger with more power and more lows. I also have Yorkville ys2mp that I use for comparison. They have more bottom end, they don't make them any longer also I find the build to be very crappy so I wouldn't advise them but they do sound great better than the Yamaha's to my ears.

Good luck finding what you like. There are a lot of options. Also take a look at speakers that use ribbon tweeters some rockers like Nuno Bettencourt prefer these. He uses a Kemper with I believe Adam studio monitors.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.