Posts by G String

Sorry, but I'm a bit confused about your ending note as you've requested that I use the contact form to report my findings.. I thought we used the form for support such as how to do something such as this...

Feel free to post things to the forum but also post them using Help > "Provide Rig Manage Beta Feedback" in Rig Manager Mac. This way, we don't miss something.
    thanks, gs

so KPA team and avid supporters... any thoughts on this question? It's been laying around for 3 or 4 days now..

i can copy 999 rigs as much as i want and nothing gets lost, not sure if i want to put :) or :( at the end of the sentence... pls use the contact form within the help menu and report your findings.
    thanks, gs

One of my biggest pet hates about KPA and RM is you load a rig from RM into the the KPA edit it to suit your needs and then you have to save it to the KPA and then resave that rig back to RM.

it is supposed to save back changes instantly but as it turns out, there is an issue which we have not ironed out so far. so right now, as for instant, the change only appears ... sometimes ...
    gs

there is a reason behind this window: it indicates that the rig is not stored. this might sound obvious to power users but as for the questions asked when the window was not there, it wasn't obvious to many others. we took the chance to add rating for your convenience, this way you don't have to dive into a menu in order to rate a rig. some time ago, it was voiced on this forum that a convenient way to rate rigs would be appealing since rating through the Rig Exchange website is way to complicated and as a result, "nobody" rates rigs.

pretty much every action you take (selecting/editing a stomp etc.) makes the window go away, and if it doesn't, that's an oversight on our end which we will address. the dialog should slow nobody down. we are open to discuss how to improve the window, we can even take it away but you should be aware that with 5000 rigs and counting in Rig Exchange a decent amount of data in regards of the quality of a single rig makes the database much more appealing for everybody.
    best, gs

Also, whilst the the folder titles have the number of profiles inside them listed next to them, the Local Library (which is the sum of all the folders) is not updated and always lists '0' as it's number.

that's because you have folder in there but no rigs. all you rigs are in the folders and the count is not accumulated. Finder and Explorer behave the same way.
    gs

Having created folders for various sets of rigs (under the Local Library), there doesn't seem to be a way to reorder the folders. Likewise when a new folder is created, rather than being placed alphabetically, it is added to the bottom and cannot be rearranged.

Also, whilst the the folder titles have the number of profiles inside them listed next to them, the Local Library (which is the sum of all the folders) is not updated and always lists '0' as it's number.

Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.

no, you're doing nothing wrong. the folders re-order alphabetically when you re-launch Rig Manager. I know, this is neither ideal nor a big deal but certainly no obvious...
    gs

Thanks for the help...
    I'm dragging and dropping folders of my purchased packs, I also deleted the txt and pdf inside to make sure that wasn't the problem...
    it should be possible to drag them in subfolders and with no rigs number limit, right?

no, there is no limit. i'd say the purchased packs contain local presets.
    gs