Posts by G String

This pubic beta contains the following changes among others:

- Setup wizard does not automatically launch after OS update
    - An issue regarding MIDI controller #0 reception has been addressed
    - Tempo related effects sync to an incoming MIDI clock
    - Monitor, headphone and main volume can be relatively linked to master volume knob
    - Booting with loads of rigs installed works as expected now

as always, the new operating system can be found here: http://www.kemper-amps.com/start/

have a good weekend,
    gs

funny way of doing things
    we have version 1.0.5 and it gives us a version 1.0.4 instead of 1.0.6
    ?(

we have public betas and we have release versions. "1.0.4 Release" replaces the release version "1.0.0 Release" - the latest public beta is newer but of course there are people who do not like to work with public betas.
    hth, gs

as it turns out, some of you discover an issue with firmware 1.0.5. it appears that after installing the new firmware, your profiling amplifier hangs ("freezes") during boot up. what you discover is just a longer boot up process which might take more than a minute. consequent boot ups will be of the same speed you're used to.

if you're sitting in front of it, wait for the KPA to boot up, please wait for two minutes and then hit the rightmost soft button above the display (in case nothing happened in the meantime).

hope that helps,
    gs

They are using Woltlab Burning Board as forum software. I also run different forums with the same software. No problems. I have never seen such a strange behavior of a forum so far. I have to login twice to be logged and I alwayshave to repeat the login procedure regardless if I click the checkbox (keep me logged) or not. Very strange. I have to say, that I don't like the whole internet appearance of Kemper. It's just not working right. As a form of promotion it has a bad impact on the products reputation, because both, the internet site and the KPA is not working like it should be.

That's just my opinion. The KPA is still the best product I ever bought. Great sounding miracle box!

try to log out of the forum and the website, delete cache and relevant cookies and log into the website again (which will also log you onto the forum).
    g

A new OS version for the Kemper Profiling Amplifier is available for download here

The new version includes the following changes:

- fixed: S/PDIF out
    - fixed: cabinet crash
    - fixed: return input level
    - fixed: Mode Switch no longer displays TUNER if not selected
    - added: RIG Keys work as cursors if a browser window is displayed

OS 1.0.3 available at the usual place: http://www.kemperamps.com/start/
    the new version comes with some fixes and enhancements and is recommended for every KPA user. here's a list of what has changed:

- fixed: SPDIF out now working with all sound cards (e.g. M-Audio 24/96)
    - fixed: problem adapting cabinet parameters to current sound
    - fixed: Names which include more than one space are allowed for midi program list
    - fixed: delete function in Input-Presets-Browser working correctly
    - new: mono-pedal can toggle RotarySpeaker (slow/fast)
    - new: mono-pedal can invert Stomp A-D, X, MOD on/off (only if Type is not off)
    - new: stereo-pedal double switches e. g. StompA/B
    - new: RotarySpeaker (slow/fast) can toggle via midi (CC33: Rotary)
    - new: Stomp A-D, X, MOD on/off invert can be done via midi (CC16: Stomp Invert)

happy downloading
    g

The new version contains the following improvements and changes among others:

- fixed: SPDIF IN now working (Input Modul)
    - fixed: TAP CC30 behavior: The floorboard should send Control 30, Values should change each step for example: Val00, Val127, Val00,....
    - fixed: delete stack presets working
    - fixed: handling of corrupted backup files
    - new: Tempo / VolumePedal can be locked (RIG)
    - changed: Rig change is possible on BrowseMode Midi Program Change Page
    - changed: start dialog ask for name, which is used as Rig Author
    - changed: stack page
    - changed: device info page (includes serial number)

known issue: Rigs with names that include more than one space will not be stored in the midi-program-change assignment.

A new operating system version can be downloaded here: www.kemperamps.com/start/
    the public beta version addresses several issues and delivers new features:

- fixed: Alternative input works from beginning now (without)
    - fixed: Input parameter are stored now (edit buffer)
    - fixed: Tuner by MIDI CC now on with “not 0” and off with “0”
    - fixed: some internal memory problems
    - fixed: MIDI assignment slots no longer get lost when renaming/replacing
    - fixed: improved performance and stability during USB media backup/restore
    - fixed: improved stability during firmware update

- added: new DSP file (2012-01-05 22:07)
    - added: SPDIF Input switch in Input module
    - added: Progress bar when usb storage formatting
    - added: Midi Controller CC30 for TAP and CC31 for TUNER select

I think we need an official response for this!

the *.kipr files the KPA stores all information about a rig in are not intended to be edited with a hex or text editor. if you change a tag using the tag edit page you will not run into any sort of trouble. only tags which contain information about the *original* author of a profile etc. cannot be edited.
    if you decide to modify a rig outside the box, all sorts of things can happen. all is save as long as you don't *hack* into the files. so please, refrain from editing outside the box. elsewhere some people mentioned that a checksum would prevent a file from causing problems. in general, this is true and we will think about it. if you have edited your rigs with an external editor, please don't offer those in order to prevent others from dealing with inconvenient situations.
    gs

Not that this is really an issue for me - but a faster startup (maybe 5 - 10 seconds) could be cool for "live" playing folks

we are evaluating ways to minimize the startup time. might not happen in a day but it is on the list.
    gs