Posts by DigitalTube

I’ve been a long time Kemper user ( since 2012) along with other gear, latest Kemper was a rack, now just received the Stage today.. had a QC ordered but canceled after spending a week with a borrowed one.. only thing it had for me was the size .. nice and small and easy to carry for traveling … didn’t seem like a finished product yet .. maybe in a couple years, I liked its size, But I have to sing too, so I like the switch's spacing on the Kemper better..

Anyways Kemper wish list for me originally was something like the Stage, I’m happy with it so far, it does all I need ..so my wish list now is for a very reliable OS, and if a Stage 2 ever comes out and it’s slightly smaller and lighter while being built tough, I’ll be even happier :)

Hoping for some feedback on my issue. I’m a new Kemper user, never actually played one even though I have a new kemper stage in my studio as we speak. I ordered a brand new unit online, when it arrived the shipping box looked great. Plug it in, plug in my favorite Tele and nothing. No input signal to the unit, not even the tuner gets signal. I tried other guitars and cables as well.

I reached out to Kemper by email and they were quick to respond. After a couple emails they have decided it’s faulty and they are willing to ship be a new one, which will take a week btw.

Here’s what I’m looking for in terms of feedback. As a pro player, playing live gigs regularly with some moderate touring in the future, should I be alarmed that a brand new unit didn’t survive shipping or was just faulty right out of the box? I don’t want to spend hours dialing in my favorite profiles and performances to find the unit just can’t handle life out of the studio.

I hate to say this, but I've owned the original Toaster, and now a Rack unit, both seem solid! However my experience with the Stage was much different, had bad luck with 2 of them, so I gave up on the Stage for now, and might go with another brand when touring starts after Covid, I'm hoping by the time I need one maybe they'll be a Stage MK 2 ?? I think it's very important that gear in this price range be completely bullet proof!!! But it's not just Kemper, I've had issues with other brands in this price range too, of course for any serious touring a backup is a Must, and I have to say my backup unit is really solid ( Boss GT 1000 ) too bad it doesn't sound as good..

But you need a room, mic, preamp, amp and cabinet. Modellers are about convenience.

Of course, I've been using Fractal gear since 2007, and Kemper since 2012, and pretty much every digital unit that has been available, but only for portability live use, I believe there is room for improvement on all brands, including the new QC, Kemper, Fractal, etc. there is always a certain warmth missing, even if the sound is close; don't get me wrong I'm going to get a QC eventually, and maybe whatever new Kemper unit comes out, I like the Profiling/Captures way of getting my amp sounds, much quicker and closer to the real thing, I'm sure with time it will get even better...I like where it's headed ..

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

In my opinion the amp still sounds better..

You'd be able to save and load captures you create using the device without the internet. You just can't save them to your computer without being connected. Eventually, when the editor is released, you'll be able to make full backups without the internet, as well. The thing you can't do without the internet is download new presets and captures. You also can't share presets/captures with others, and that's apparently not going to change, even when the editor is released.

Ya, I decided it will be better to wait and see what they make available with the Editor..Not in huge rush anyways as it will for live use only and doesn't look like touring will be possible in the near future, by then there might be other choices, Fractal? Kemper? who knows.. :)

This is the 1st legit reason I have read that makes common sense in canceling the QC because of the cloud. I hope someday you will have better access in your studio DigitalTube! :)

To be honest I don't miss internet there! It was my decision to choose that remote place to work :). It's peaceful! And I'm walking distance to a nice beach... :). Most likely staying here till things get better with Covid and go back to living in USA.

Like I said, if Neural dropped the cloud requirement, I'd be on board.

I cancelled my pre order due to the cloud issue! Where I'm living in Europe at the moment, I have a studio in a very remote area, no Wifi, nothing there, my phone doesn't even work there! Need to go about a mile away to get phone service, so QC won't work for me, luckily my Kemper rack sounds fine, I wanted the QC to set up for live gigs, looks like I might end up getting a 3rd Stage for that (first 2 were defective and lost trust on them) .. Obviously at the house where I live I have good internet/WIFI, but not at the remote studio where I have all my tube amps etc, I understand the cloud being very convenient, But local backups of individual captures is necessary for my way of working, not about to carry the QC back and forth from studio to house just to save and load captures..

Funny I had been asking for a floor Kemper for a long time, the STAGE is small enough for me, still holding on a bit longer hoping my 3rd one will be the keeper. I think the STAGE really is perfect (size/weight) for most people, If I was the deciding guy at Kemper I'd wait for a while before trying to release new products, I'd make all existing products bullet proof, because they already are capable of great sounds, they ended up getting a pretty bad reputation(in my opinion) where i live and some guitarists i talk too are a bit scared to buy Kemper, and moving on to other gear, even though they think Kemper still sounds the best, I'm also interested in other coming new gear, for the same reason, even though i have all the sounds i need on my Kemper rack. It was probably just bad luck for Kemper with switches etc, but people who buy this type of product expect reliable gear because i imagine they'r doing paid gigs like I am, and can't have gear fail on stage.

Anyone know if the build date of the Stage appears outside on the shipping box? reason I ask is there is a store that has one, but I want to make sure it's not old stock.. It's not too far from me, so in case of needing to return it for service, won't be too bad, but still, trying to get one of the newer built ones. Thanks

Hi, i'm just curious about those of you who never had issues with the Kemper Stage where you buying it from, direct from Kemper? I have already bought 2 a while back both had to be returned, but i bought from a dealer, i see a couple dealers with them in stock, but I'm not sure I want to buy from them again, maybe will have better luck if i buy direct from Kemper?

My rack has been very reliable, and i want to give the Stage one last try.. holding on as long as I can to hopefully get a good one.

I love my rack, but was very disappointed with the Stage, owned 2 already which had to be sent back with issues, I haven't giving up, but waiting a few more months till hopefully it gets stable enough for me to trust it for live shows, the Stage is exactly what I wanted for a very long time! perfect for live gigs, and obviously sounds amazing like the other Kempers, and now with the Editor it will be very hard to beat, BUT it needs to be something we can trust! For my needs don't really need a MKII, unless they add synths, good acoustic simulator etc, the available versions do everything i need.

Hope this Software was created with approval from Kemper, maybe they get a % out of the rental? If not it maybe time for Kemper to create and release a profiler player for a reasonable price to be able to compete and discourage people from buying the plug in.

To add to what was already mentioned, get the HANON book.. easily available in PDF on the net, it will cover all your technique on the piano.. all the scales and everything you'd need as far as technique on keyboards.. very easy to follow with fingerings etc.. I strongly recommend the Hanon for anyone, i completed the book when I was a kid, and now rarely encounter anything difficult to play on the piano ... and for guitar players you can play most of the exercises too, obviously the fingerings won't work, but makes for a very good exercise book for any instrument ..

I’ve got a GT1000 coming tomorrow too. Really excited, and cannot wait for it to land. To be honest, I’m not expecting KPA quality tones out of it, but the latest YouTube demos have got me all moist. If I can get close enough tones I’ll be happy. And the only way I’ll return to the Kemper fold is if/when they decide to produce a floor unit. That’s half of the appeal of the Boss GT as far as I’m concerned.

I've received my GT 1000 a while back, but only yesterday had a chance to mess around with it, my opinion so far compared to the Kemper is that it's very decent, I own lot's of profiles for the Kemper and find the Kemper to be the closest to a real tube amp, ( I've owned lot's of tube amps), Think the GT can do the job for me with a little programming, and I think I'll be using it live because of it's size, otherwise I'd return it and just use the Kemper, like i said the Kemper to me really is very hard to beat but will stay in my studio if i can get all the sounds i need out of the GT 1000, like some of you, waiting for the Kemper floor unit :)

Mine arrived yesterday, but I won't be home for another month to try it, told a friend of mine to go by the house and pick it up and plug it in, he tried it last night, (he's a tube snob :) ).. he's owned the Kemper and Fractal AX8, but like me is looking for a small all in one pedalboard, he just told me he's loving it.. but just going by the presets he thinks the Kemper is more realistic, he said he might pick one up himself .. I'm really curious to try it and set it up for gigs..

Maybe 5 years ago the Kempers approach had the edge in terms of Sonics and what it really boils down to is routing flexibility and price. Dont be fooled by the hype or conjecture when someone says this is better than that. It could be a bad profile or a bad I.R in either case.

Personally I don't believe any hype and don't make my decisions based on what other say, although i listen to opinions and try out gear sometimes because of all the talk.., I still own the AXE 2, Kemper, and BOSS GT 1000 (hasn't arrived yet), owned a Helix, Headrush etc.. in my opinion of course the closest to an amp sound i've gotten is with the Kemper. Wish I could get there with the Helix, or Headrush because I loved the touch screen; going to try now with the GT 1000, only because of my needs for something very portable, otherwise it would just use the Kemper, it has everything i need, including all effects I need for live use.

Problem is the Helix and others don't sound like the Kemper..not to me anyways, and brand loyalty? not me i'll use whatever sounds good to my ears, in fact just bought a Boss GT 1000.

When/If a floor unit is ever available I'll probably keep the rack in the studio and use the floor unit for live gigs, maybe some others would too, so it probably wouldn't take away sales from those, they would probably sell 2 Kempers to lot's of users. :)