Posts by DigitalTube

It's interesting that Sweetwater,(USA) originally had a much lower price, this was maybe around June or even before, after they announced it at NAMM 2011, the price was around $1500.00 us dollars, according to a salesman people who ordered it when they had that price displayed, will still get it for that old price..we'll see :)

The forum logon is driving me nuts. I had to create a new account to register my KPA because support just ignored my emails to add my serial number to my account. Today, they sent me an email saying that I can now register my serial number with my original account (the one I am posting this message with). So, I tried that and then it said "already registered", ok, not surprising. But now, I can only login with my original account that is public access only so I am back to where I started not able to post in the private sections. This really is a big pile of crap and I would have thought they could have sorted this simple thing out. I will give it another couple of days and if it still doesn't work then I will forget about this forum altogether I think as I can't keep wasting 45 minutes just trying to log-in the the damn forum....what a pile of crap. :cursing:

I have a felling i'll be going thru the same crap when I receive my KPA.. :)
    This whole separation of public and private is just going to be a source of aggravation for a lot of people, in my opinion.

The units were available for collection before Christmas.
    But, Sweetwater (or whoever), first have to pay the invoice, get payment confirmation, collect, load onto a ship, sail halfway across the world, offload, clear through customs, wait for local delivery...that's what takes the time, not a Kemper delay.

So you're saying that if Sweetwater had done all the proper paperwork, paid etc, they could have had the KPA available already in the USA? Sorry but I find that very hard to believe, Sweetwater is very fast at everything they do, and could easily afford to make the payments or whatever they needed to get the units as quick as possible, i could be wrong but don't believe that's what's happening.

Are Kemper even at NAMM? So far I've not heard a single thing from anyone, anywhere. And that includes Kemper!

Someone give these guys an ipad or netbook or something so they can update their Facebook at the very least.

It's very strange as last NAMM all you heard about was KPA..oh well, I'm sure some videos will eventually show up, maybe they just stayed at the back room somewhere getting the bugs out of the firmware and finishing it, so when it finally arrives in the USA it will be working 100%.. :)

After a Snafu with the wire transfer and several phone calls and unreturned emails, Thomann finally shipped my KPA to me. I'm hoping it doesn't take forever to get to NY. Luckily, there is DHL office a 1/2 mile from my home. Anyway, does anyone have an update on when units will be shipped to US distributors like Sweetwater?

Last I was told was around Feb -7 but with the added "believe it when I see it" from the salesman.. :)

I imagine they're at the NAMM show for the next 3-4 days, so you probably won't get a reply right away.

I've been forgetting the Phantom on my mixer switched on at least 10 times, and another 10 times I have switched Phantom on instead power off :wacko: ...nothing happened...

Thanks for the reply, that's really good to know, I hope it does have protection, and you weren't just lucky.. :) like I said and you have experienced we can't really avoid it sometimes, or just forget to switch power off when we can do it, I'd like to hear an official word on this subject from Kemper.

What questions do you have, fire away we'll answer them for you.

A have a few which i've already asked, but no replies so far, but one very important question I have is this: Does the KPA have any kind of protection in the XLR outputs in case of 48 v phantom power is on by whatever mixer your using?
    A friend of mine had asked this question to Kemper before, but this was months ago, and the reply he got wasn't very clear, basically saying not to plug the KPA into mixer channels with phantom power on, now of course i know we shouldn't do that, BUT in real life situations sometimes it can't be avoided, some small mixers (Mackie etc) have a global phantom power switch, All ON , or All Off, we use one of these at rehearsal, sometimes phantom has to be on to power some mics, or DI's etc for the other guys, also at live gigs specially festivals with a few bands, even if the monitor consoles have individual switches for 48v phantom power, sometimes mistakes are made by the engineer, and you end up with phantom power in the KPA channels, now what happens, what can we expect? will the KPA fry the outputs or anything else inside? Like I said if there is no protection, even being careful, sooner or later it will happen, this is why it's important to me, and i assume everyone who owns one.

I find it confusing that with something as new and innovative as the KPA, this forum does not have a very big membership, or at least not much activity. When remembering the days of the first line6 gear the line6 forums were absolutely buzzing with activity.....I don't get it. Also there are hardly any guys recording with it on youtube or anywhere else. I suppose it could be that it's very early days and not many have actually shipped yet? Maybe the "word" just simply isn't out there yet ? edit: I suppose it could have something to do with the world economy?

Very odd.

I think the problem too is no participation from Mr Kemper on this forum, at least from what I've read so far, and having a Public/Private doesn't seem to help, there has been times where I had questions related to topics on the Private area, but can't because don't have a KPA yet.. I've had more luck asking questions about the KPA, in other forums, still interested in KPA and was assured by the music store where I'm buying that they have a 30 day return policy, so I guess I'll find all the answers when I buy it. :)

Thomann; however, it has not gone smoothly. I asked them to expedite shipping due to their pretty poor customer service (I sent several emails and left voice mails without reply). In fact, in order to call the UK, I had to set up international calling on my iPhone. I'll let you know how long shipping takes. I also asked about whether there will be US customs duties - probably not since this is for personal use.

My only concern getting one from Europe is if the unit fails, then where do I go for repairs? Also in case i don't like it, returning to Europe will be a bitch to deal with, specially if there is only a short amount of time allowed for returns, + there might be customs fees(depending on the mood of the customs person working that day.. )besides the shipping costs. I travel to Europe frequently, and I can easily pick one up there, but just don't want to deal with any of these issues, so I think buying local is the best option. With all these delays I might actually get to try one in Europe, a friend of mine bought one, but I think he needs to return it due to some problems with the unit, but he liked it so he'll have it fixed or a replacement, so maybe i'll make a decision if I really want one by trying his KPA, if we have enough time to get together and try it.