Posts by Sollazzon

Well Done mDan! the same I use to do in general, If I'm not searching for a Determinated Sound.
    and usually 5 minutes of this, it's ok to let me judge a hardly distiguable A/B sound.

BrownDog.. thanks again :-))
    if I got correctly.. you mean Kemper should/would be better to Add a series of DI tracks (recorded W/ different Guitar Types) As Optional Integrated part of the Refining process.
    After All the Profiling Process, the unit Should Send a DI gutsr sound..if desired,
    giving the usesr a Standard ''More refined Profile'' but also leaving to the User the possibility to refine it More At His personal taste..as long as He Want.

It could Be the 1stWWar in terms of: What IS the Right Les Paul to refine With for a crunchy /smooth Creamy tone?? :D
    and What's the best telly..strato..semiacoustic?? :P
    ...humm...

This profile is of the default preset. There are a bunch of them all the way from the AFD record to to Snakepit and the Solo album tracks. I will try to profile some from each era.

IMHO though you will get much closer to the real sound with something like the TAF AFD100 profile than with the Amplitube ones, although they are pretty cool for what they are.

Yeah! Exactly! I Suppose the same.. (beside W/ KPA..it's Cheaper buy TAF AFD100..but they're another Story..)
    that's why I want to try Under my Fingers (W/out i-devices)..

Let's say that I would like to have a 3rd "bell"; to compare between: TAF;.. MY Profiled.. and Amplitube..( I hope this Will be the Real Quality Order in the end)
    I mean.. I'm Working on My profile to be at least As good as Amplitube, even if not As Good As Taf.
    So in my positoin it's Not So Relevant to use them to Get a Song Tone or an Album tone..
    It's more like.. Ok let's see what point My Profiles Are..
    Did they Sound more like a TAF Amp or a Amplitube one?

thanks for Your Time to help me in this! :thumbup:

WoW! fast!
    thanks man!..I'll give a try soon or later.

Anything About ''guitar used/refining process'' You'd like to Add?? here in the Fourm?

meanwhile thanks for AFD100 defalut preset.
    (really?? tell me more!..it is supposed to replicate ..What song Exactly?? from Appetite Record sound?!!??..or His Last Apocalyptic one??
    a lil thought beside everyting..
    I really belive he use this stuff to easy rec demo to share W/Myles and Work on putting toghether ideas..
    in the end it could really be The Sound Quality Myles, Todd, Brent, receive materialrs form Slash.

Yes, please take your time! :thumbup:

hey Guys...
    Anyone get in the situation to have a lot of Un-used gear (amps or cabs) AND reached the Goal of having Sold almost everything??

that was an Assist..a passage..a Cross,
    how do you Say!!??!!)

When I read a lot of the postings in this forum, I wonder why a lot of people are working hard on it, to get a similar sound with the Kemper than they had before with their amp.
    Isn´t it somehow stupid – to spend a lot of money and time to have the same than you had before. If they were satisfied with their sound, why do people do that? Just to have a little loss weight for the distance from the car to the stage and back?
    My personal goal was to sound BETTER than before. The KPA offers so much opportunities but some people seem to ignore that and are just heading for the same old thing.
    So what was your personal goal to buy this unit?

KPA allow me to avoid to bring on stage 2 heads (one for dirty and one for Clean).. and all the switching system ( AB box, and pedals I like to use in the Loop FX ;on Dirty And on Clean) and All My fav Sounds Leaving Everything Safe at Home.
    If I move from my studio to another ,..I don't have to Bring Anything than a USB ( funny that I often forget it) if there's a KPA in the other Studio

And, beside this.. it's noisless and Sounds Better. Defintely Better.

so One Goal Brings to Other Goals!

yep, I buoght the TAF ADF SCE #2 (2/100)
    just to satisfy my couriosity and to compare W/my AFD100 (regular limited edition #303/2300)

even if Andy Did those profile W/out Shashing Out ( I mean Without trying to reach One definite Slash Sound)
    they Kick Ass.

well I did not get that from this amp at all. – I got me trying to sound like slash from G&R, and that wasn’t so pretty to hear!

...I know I can wear My top hat Anytime with them.
    (take this for your knowledge)
     [Blocked Image: http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn29/Sollazzon/ST836248.jpg~original]

BUT I'M STILL HUNGRY to try out 3-4 prfiles from the AMPLITUBE SLASH..

a couple W/2555 and a couple w/AFD100 Would be enought.

Very good test!! Ottimo lavoro!!!!

At first listening I hear very very little differences, I cannot tell you if I should listen in different moments.
    The results are much closer than what I thought, very good!!!
    I will give it a second listening with my monitor at home :)

thanks Maurizio I appeciate!

yeah sure, listen how many times you want,
    tracks are downloadable--

in the end I suppose we could Agree that the guitar do not makes So huge differences..
    basically what we read in the manual could be considered right even if not Litterally..
    but considering the difference with the 'Not refined'...well
    it's more important if you refine or not!!

so i'm curious now..

mDan.. how did you refined them?
    did you set and profiled the amp for a general good tone of all guitars i suppose..
    than?
    how exacly refined?? how much time each?
    open chords?..some riffs? tell us more..

As I wrote before, till now I didn't have ''defined'' (for Me) a Standard method to Refine my profiles..
    I Got that's better to use the same guitar that actually Im giong to use to Record That sound for That Part
    and also that it's better if I refine, For Some time Playing.. the notes (at least the same neck/position Zone)
    And Playing, during refining, in the Way..''actually Im giong to Play to Record That sound for That Part...
    You now, I don't even know what was the sound in mDan's mind when he did those JCM800 .kipr

maybe he was plaing some jazzy solo..and I'm going to use his profile for Hard Cruncky Rithm part...

That's why I was thinking that a good way to proceed when Refining Would be to Reamp tracks of 10-15 minutes (?enoguh) of DI guitar..
    And use Always those same tracks...
    for ex:
    Clean Arpeggio,
    Clean Strummimng
    Clean Solo
    Dirty rithm
    Dirty lead..and so on.

For those who have lots of different Giutar or very different PU set up, they should rec. DI tracks from each guitar (or use Someoneelse recorded with similar Guitar/PU)

..but in My case..one with Les paul, and one with the acoustic it's more that enought.)

at the same time.. on the contrary
    when I play someonelse Profile, it's Enought to know that has been profiled And Refined...better if With a LP or a Tele :-)))...and passive PU

Thanks a lot Sollazzon for taking the time.

These clips don't sound identical to me but almost. Do they sound as close when you play slow solos?

I noticed that when I create a profile and I recreate it right after with the same guitar the 2 profiles never sound completely identical either. Could it be that those differences you are referring to are not linked to the guitar used but more to the differences while we play during the refining process?

yes, I notice the same.. it never happend till now that two consecutive profiles i did, sounds Exaclty the same But, untill now i didn't use a real method to Refine.
    I also did times ago some similar clips (from MS to MSD..the staff got a download I guess) and in the end I came to the conclusion that i need to focus more on refining.
    for example useing some DI track..I'm working on.

About those Samples I have to say that the difference I linsen.. were bigger before uploading.. maybe Soundcloud have some infulence on this, But..
    playng the profiles.. I feel comfortable W/ les paul And tele,

anyway I just have Les Paul here..so my best chiose Would be those ones.
    strato it's ok but... I prefer the other two REfined ones.
    (the Difference seems So huge with de NOT Refined At All!even on SC..
    I'm wandering about those 2 year old, AB test Demo Video....Without refining at all!!)

I took alsoa sample Switching between them.. you Should have to listen it to better find actually difference.
    http://snd.sc/1b2L9JZ

if I listen to the 3 refined ones separately.. not so much differences.

Hi guys!
    I had some time to spend on it and I did a reamp (SPDIF) session
    I played one time my Les Paul W/SD APH II Bridge position.
    then reamped it with with 4 different profiles by Dan and the last one with swithcing between them.

https://soundcloud.com/sollazz…/kpa-refining-differences

I hope it helps and satisfy your curiosity..
    If I did everything right with reamp (I think so) we have al least something Standard for everyone to listen to, and Discuss if you want--
    Cheers :P

Ah Ok!
    I found a round sticker/adhesive on my KPA (toaster unpowered version).
    it says ''169''. ( or ''test 169'' or ''QP 169'' well, I don't remember exactly..there is a ''169'' for sure but..now it's covered, I can't check or show you any pic)
    What does it means?
    Has it been applied by a Quality Guy??
    You Know... some of those stickers that show off that someone check it is OK (as that whole batch should be/is)
    Is my KPA one of those tested (the #169??..first batch of production??) or what??.

If You don't have a sticker like this ( or you didn't find it till now) I'm just a mad man wandering about nothing

Because the studio EQ only has shelf high and low bands, not bandpass. So if I had to do it I'd have to use one high pass wah and one low pass wah, wasting two slots of the KPA permanently in order to achieve the desired effect.

that's what I'm currently doing. one slot busy with a EQ that just cut 80Hz.
    I switch it on and off (called 'EQGraphic80') due to the fact I'm playing on a CD/produced Mix, or if just Live with the band.
    not a big problem cause most of the time that slot would be Empty..But..nice idea to have or two filters to stay activate for different Kind of Situations.
    more or less it's like asking to have the possibility to assing a filter MORE than the Monitor EQ and the Master EQ in Output Section