Posts by r_u_sirius

thanks for checking the profiles! :D

while we´re at at, I´d like to mention three profiles I uploded some days ago, all done in the same fashion with the saturated LA-610 preamp and additional Universal Audio UAD-plugins.

DI_Moog Dist - a nasty fuzz sound, made with a moog filter

DI_Ampex - tape distortion of the famous 2-track mastering machine

DI_Double1176 - two UA 1176 compressors in non compressiong mode to overdrive the signal in two stages.
    That´s how Jimi Page created his sound for "Heartbreaker". I did not get crazy about an absolute authentic simulation, the vibe is there!

you can find them on page four of the exchange at the moment.

8)

The Diezel profiles are killer!! The only issue I had was going back to rate them and remembering which was which. You are doing a great job of capturing tone and dynamic nuances. Not sure how many amps you have access to but I would encourage you to borrow more and please continue! :thumbup:

there are some more amps....
    I already did a Bogner Ecstacy, which I don´t like any more. I plan to profile this amp with different cabs.

A Engl Blackmore is in reach, a Ibanez Thermion, which is in fact a pretty good Rectifier clone, maybe I can borrow a Diezel Hagen, my old Marshall JMP Superbass....

@ tylerhb:
    most of my equipment is still in my rehearsal room, so maybe I´ll find some time for some more profiling at the end of the week.

maybe you can give a short tutorial in how to name cab profiles, like your cabs, with numers, that are still visible after you saved them with another amp? I just have an trial and error method and usually end with an error ;)

Or maybe some folks around here would be so kind to just receive my profiles when done and do the renaming? that would be awesome!

well, ok, it looks the same here....

the cabs are audibel, just the info doesn´t show up

this is one thing I don´t get: what do I have to do to get my cab settings I do at the upload page visible?

another oddity is, that some of my amp settings name "Christoph Kemper" as the author.

I really hope for a proper editor programm very soon, to get those details sorted....it takes quite some time to get all those profiles together, so I´d prefer to have them in a perfect shape instead of getting random info settings

rant over ;)

dankeschön ;)

the G12K100 speaker is for a big part resposible for that extreme cutting through. It´s a bit of a struggle to play good with that speaker, because it´s totally unforgiving. But when you´re in good shape, you blow away everybody ;)

JB: I reimported them, cabs were there....

Hi folks,

had an afternoon full of noise, here are the results I´d like to share:

DIEZEL HERBERT
    all channels, including + und - modes of channel 2
    Cab is a Diezel 4x12" frontloaded with Celestion G12K100. They sound broooootal und ultra precise, but not as musical as for example Vintage 30s. Contemporary Metal all the way!

3 mic positions for each channel:
    01 = mic straight off center, my prefered one
    02 = more towards the edge of the speaker, more mellow
    03 = straight full center. Not my cup of tea, but I hear those sounds in lots of modern metal records

I already uploaded some profiles of this amp some weeks ago. Back then I had the Kemper only a few days and didn´t get it quite right, for my tastes. I was tweaking these profiles a lot, but never came close to my live tone - so I did it again, much better now!

DIEZEL EINSTEIN
    one profile of each channel 1 modes and one of channel 2
    Cab is a Engl 2x12" with Celestion Vintage 60 speakers.

What a nasty amp! Where the mighty Herbert smashes your face without warning, the Einstein comes to stab your back X(
    8)

MARSHALL JCM800 2205 Lead Series

3 profiles with different gain settings
    Cab is a MArshall 1960 Vintage, with Celestion Vintage 30s. Allegedly this was the cab, Larry Carlton chose to rent out of many different MArshall cabs for a tour in Germany. The guy I bought this cab from told me so.....anyway, I like it a lot!

I used a Heil PR40 mic and a Chandler Germanium preamp for the complete profiling session.

So, I hope you have some fun with the profiles!

there are some pedals, maily fuzz pedals, that like to see a guitar pickup at their input. incoming line level let´s them do unexpected things.
    In such cases I use a pickup simulation device I build by myself. Here´s how to do it - if you´re a little bit into soldering, it´s quite easy to do: http://www.diystompboxes.com/s…m/index.php?topic=79611.0

looks like this: [Blocked Image: http://frogstar-battle-machine.de/pickup-sim.jpg]

don´t bother the ratings, they don´t mean a thing ;)
    your profiles rule! some rare ones, where I don´t feel the urge to change the cabs!
    thanks keep ´em coming!
    :thumbup:

use a neck pickup, a low output humbucker would be best, a P90 or SC is fine
    turn the tone pot down, not fully, leave some attack
    a solid body guitar isn´t ideal, but will work.

metheny uses two or even three clean amps, with a delay of a few ms on one and some more ms on the next. that´s how he creates that natural chorus, for which he´s famous.
    He plays incredibly loud! With his excellent technique he is able control the dynamics from pp to fff ;)

I play hi gain sounds for more than 25 years. I´m carefully aware not to use too much gain, I have friends that begin there where I usually stop....
    What I try to say is: I know hi gain quite well and I know the feel of it! To get into a gain range for a comfortable playing feel , which is as I pointed out much gain, but far from very much, the KPA makes those aliasing sounds clearly audible in EVERY profile.

So my working process for reamping at the moment is:
    -use real amps for hi gain sounds
    -use the KPA for the rest

I could use a POD or AXE-FX or some VST-plugins for hi gain without getting the aliasing at my usual settings......