Posts by r_u_sirius

thank you all for chiming in and for your additional suggestions!

I´d like to add another one, too:

I´d like to name a profile when I save it in performance mode.

I use a number of "source profiles", which appear in several performances and get some individual tweaks in there. For backups I save those tweaked profiles separately, but I cannot give them a specified name. I end up with some profiles with the same name. What I have to do is search in browser mode for the tweaked profile, rename it there and then reimport it to it´s performance.....should be easier!

Hi folks,

I aquired a Grossmann ISO cab the other day. My first test unsing it for profiling is up at the rig exchange:

-Marshall JCM800Lead series 2205 amp
    -Seymour Duncan 805 in front for boost
    -Celestion G12K100 speaker
    -Heil PR40 and Superlux 609 clone mics
    -Chandler Germanium preamps

What do you think about it? Can you hear those negative effects an ISO box is said to have?

To my ears it sounds amazing! 8)

So if you got some time to kill, please leave some feedback!

thx ;)

Hello,
    after using the KPA for three years in the studio and for one year live, I´d like to share my list of feature requests. I´m sure most of them have been mentioned already.
    Here we go:

EQ:
    stomp/FX slots are few on the Kemper, so I´d like to suggest a studio EQ built into the amp and/or cab section. Preferably to be set pre or post amp section.

missing stomps:
    -an additional delay which can be freely placed in every slot I wish to (the only additional FX unit in my live rig is a line6 delay....)
    -a spring reverb
    -some more fuzz boxes, octave fuzz. I know the already available fuzzes can be shaped with EQ and Recti Shaper. But using three slots to get a fuzz right????
    I suggest another menue page for all drive/dist/fuzz effects with an EQ, and another page for fuzz effects with the recti shaper
    -bypassing loop FX should mute the input! Right now the return is muted, so echo or reverb tails are cut of.
    Fot the DELAY and REVERB slots there´s a midi bypass command to let the tails ring out. The loop FXs should have such a command, too!

display improvements:
    on my lunchbox Kemper the LEDs show the settings of the EQ. To see these settings on my rack Kemper without the LEDs I have to turn the the knobs. This is very inconvenient!
    How about including the value in the display? Instead of
    Bass Middle Treble Presence
    we should have
    B: <0.0> M: <0.0> T: <0.0> P: <0.0>
    the volume setting should be visible at the fist sight, too - but where? :/ V: <0.0>

in performance mode I´d like to see the complete signal chain like in browser mode. I can never tell which effects are in the slots.

These are my main concerns.....had some more trouble with FX loop and monitoring through the Kemper getting in the way of each other,but I stopped monitoring through the Kemper and let our monitor man sending me my inEar signal.

Thanks for your attention - show some support if you agree with my requests! 8)

....an while I´m at it:

uploaded four more profiles of my Bogner Ecstacy Amp on a Bogner Goldfinger 1x12" cab with a Celstion Greenback, Heil PR40 mic off axis.

I profiled this rig with my latest pedal purchases:

-Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
    -Dunlop Echoplex Booster/Preamp
    -Electro Harmonix Soul Food
    -LAndgraff Clone

Hope you like it!

Hi,

I just uploaded two profiles of my Marshall JCM800 2205 combo with pedals in front.
    First pedal was my trusty Boss HM2 pedal,which is famous for it´s use by many scandinavian Death Metal bands in the 90s. It still has friends in the extreme metal scene, I´d say even some kind of a revival is going on right now....rediculous prices above 150,- EUR are payed on ebay.....
    Second pedal the cheapo Behringer HM300, which is supposed to be a clone of the Boss HM2. While it´s not exatly identical with the same settings, it delivers the unique character damn well. In my opinion a more than ok alternative for the Boss!

I used the Marshall in channel two with a slightly dirty setting. The mic was a SM57 on axis.

pink is the new black..... :P

[Blocked Image: http://www.frogstar-battle-machine.de/KPA/hm2_vs_hm3.jpg]

I profiled my preamps.
    Search the rig exchange for "PRE_....."

I´m not sure if the KPA is the right device to "reamp" drum or vocal tracks, even with studio preamp profiles. In the end it´s a guitar amp.
    But have a try for yourself! ;)

I remember some problems that i had when creating a new profile. The profiler always copies the tag information of the rig that you last used in browse mode before switching to profiler mode. Somehow my newly created profile had the name of the author of the rig used in browse mode as a tag somewhere. This was already some time ago so i don´t know if this still happens. I now always select one of my own rigs in browse mode before creating new profiles. It´s a little strange though.

I can confirm that...up to the moment when I learnd to take care of coming from one of my own profiles, I made many profiles with "C.Kemper" and "Andy44" in the tags.
    If I remeber right, I was able to change the wrong author tags to my name.

So when I could do it, KB can do it, too...

thanks, the recti shaper does a pretty nice job!
    But in combination with a fuzz FX you need two FX slots. Add another one for an EQ, if you want to shape the sound further...
    The functionality is there, which is very good! But maybe the genious Kemper engineers can come up with a "all in one" solution? 8)

edit:
    while I think about it:
    a "container FX", where you can put in some of the already available FXs, would be a great solution!

my wishlist, in this particular order:

- on/off CC# for Loop FX with "keep tail" function
    - (Studio-)EQ in Amp or Cab section
    - performance mode managemant in Rig Manager
    - cabs managemant in Rig Manager
    - software editior
    - spring reverb FX
    - octave fuzz FX
    - shimmer reverb FX
    - some different fuzz flavors ;)