Posts by BuckeyeBrown

I will give it a try in a little while. I should just byepas where it shows a loop?
    Thank You,
    mets196986 :)

ddyykk_hello is correct - I didn't think to deactivate my loop before saving the profile to share with others. I have some modulation pedals on a pedalboard that I use in my loop and have locked the loop function on my rig. You should be able to just deactivate it and then do a "store" and "replace". When I get some time I delete if from the exchange and reload it without that active and then update this post with the new link.

I'm sort of surprised at how well the roll back of the volume knob works on the G2 setting with vintage/not-hot single coil pickup. The same magic isn't there for me with my 335 even with the input sensitivity all the way down on the Kemper but I'm guessing lowering the amp gain a little bit would do it. From what I've read about Gilmours G2 rig and what I've experienced with a clone of a G2, you need to have the signal pushed going into it to get that hint of wooly-ness to it. Gilmour uses a Demeter Compulator -> G2, I was using a Strmon OB1 in treble boost setting which is what I based this profile on - although the Kemper lets it clean up more like a fuzz face. So with that said even though I named it based on Gilmour it's probably (at least to my ears) just a great fuzz profile.

This is the first time I've really put time into building a profile to what I want and can see that the guitar variable plays a big part in getting the sound in my head to come out of the Kemper.

Hope someone else enjoys it too?

Vintage style single coil pickups on a strat are what this profile are built for. Tried my hb loaded 335 and although the full volume fuzz tones were great, the volume down on the 335 doesn't clean up or sound anywhere near as good as it does on my strat. I'm biased but I love the vol down on the strat with stomps 1/3/4 on.

Let me know what you guys think?

Lots of good info on the forum but some questions that typically come up when a thread such as your appears is:

What are you playing the amp through? If traditional speaker cab - turn off cabs(but you know this if you have an Axe). There is a thread about how the Kemper doesn't completely take the cab out but there is also a thread about how to get around it - upload a rig that was done d.i. direct input, go to the can and save it as whatever you want to name it, go to another rig, browse for that d.i. (no cab) cab and then hold the lock button down to lock it so that when you switch profiles you don't have to keep doing this.

What outputs are you using to accomplish this? Is it correct based on what the manual suggests? Hopefully this is all it is since the two different outs are different.

What firmware are you using? The current non-beta firmware has been recently updated (I believe 1.04) or you can try the newest beta but should anticipate potential bugs.

You might also want to look at adjusting the input settings and you might want to save it for that guitar and lock it.

Check your noise gate levels.

I'm no expert by any means but the above are some decent starting points.

I tweaked MillA's Hiwatt profile a bunch to come up with a Gilmour inspired rig. Hope you like it.

The idea is to keep stomps 1 and 3 on all of the time and switch between stomp 2 for a Cornish P2 fuzz tone to stomp 4 for a Cornish G2 type of tone. I used a Dice Work Fuzz Epic and a clone of a G2 to approximate the tones that I wanted to get. After much time tweaking just about every aspect of this rig, the G2 setting is very touch sensitive and clean tones can be easily had with my single coils when turning the volume down on my strat.

Gilmour tones or not, hopefully you'll enjoy this one as a nice versatile rig with lots of fuzzy goodness.
    Looking for some feedback please?

Side note I use a Timeline for delays so I didn't put much time into the delay I set up for it and it's probably defaulted to inactive when you load the rig.

Gilmour B=P2 D=G2
    http://www.kemper-amps.com/api…FahYZvbJ6aH2hp1xrSn?.kipr

There is also a strange quark with the Kemper that I noticed while creating this rig that you can read more about here: www.kemper-amps.com/forum/inde…page=Thread&threadID=4213

Clip of G2 setting
    Backing track of Castellorizon I found online.
    Signal Chain:
    LSL Saticoy -> Strymon OB.1 -> Kemper Gilmour Rig in G2 setting (stomps A, C and D) -> Strymon Timeline (in KPA loop)
    No mixing/mastering/etc. Just quick and dirty.
    Hope it doesn't suck too bad for the many pros on here...

http://soundcloud.com/patrickbrown-3/kemper-gilmour-rig

I've been spending some time tweaking the Hiwattt profile from the exchange to come up with a Gilmour/Cornish-inspired rig that has stomps to get close to both P2 and G2 types of tones in one rig. To best explain the oddity I need to explain the signal chain first.

All of these stomps have been edited to my liking
    Compressor
    Muffin
    Pure Boost
    Fuzz DS

Also note that I've heavily modified the settings of the stock Hiwatt profile in the Stack section (Amp, EQ and Cab).

The plan was to leave the stomps 1 and 3 (compessor and boost) on all of the time and switch between stomp 2 to get a Cornish P2-type of sound and stomp 4 to get a Cornish G2-type of sound.

The oddity
    There is an audible delay of approximately 2 seconds before the full effect of stomp 2 or 4 kicks in when moving from one to the other. To try it out do the following:
    Activate Stomps 1, 3 and 4.
    Turn off 4
    Turn on 2 and listen closely... There is an immediate change in tone and then two seconds later the full effect of stomp 2 comes through????
    If you simply turn off 2 again and then turn it back on... this delay doesn't happen when you turn it back on???
    Now, turn off 2 again
    Turn on four and listen even more closely and there is a very slight but audible delayed change again (although quiet a bit less noticeable but still there).
    ?( No idea???

I didn't perfect the rig but I just uploaded the rig under the working name that I was using for it Gilmour B=P2 D=G3 to see if anyone could test it to see if they could replicate what I've found.

Side notes for those interested in the rig itself - I used a G2 clone and a Dice Works Fuzz Epic to approximate the tones I wanted to capture. I use a Timeline for delay so I didn't concentrate too hard on whatever delay I have set up in there (and not active). David Gilmour or not hopefully you can appreciate - very versatile rig with fuzzy goodness. After a bunch of time tweaking to make it really versatile, the G2 setting rolls off to clean tones with the guitar volume really nicely. Something I hoped before buying the Kemper that it could do.

http://www.kemper-amps.com/api…FahYZvbJ6aH2hp1xrSn?.kipr

Or do the profiles just continue to kick ass!!!!

Haven't downloaded any new ones since last week buy there are a bunch of really good ones on this last batch that I've grabbed tonight. Wow!

Tyler Princeton on 8
    Freidman hbe M2 - all versions
    TSE X50
    PT Splawn Marshall
    Swart Space Tone 6V6
    Hot Swart Space Tone
    Splawn-Nitro - all three versions
    Mesa-RKII - all four versions
    Marshall-JTM45 - both versions
    Mesa B.50 - all four version
    Naylor SD60 - both versions
    AC30 HW

I mean - these are really good. I noticed many of them are from Reznor and Tony McKenzie. Thank you and everyone else adding these bad boys! Awesome stuff!

I need to update the collection and clean it up from some older version ( will do on the weekend ) but you have here a thread named "all my rigs" with the link to a zip file.

No rush but I'll look forward to checking back in to see if you update it after the weekend. This morning I took some time just trying to "normalize" my volume levels (to some extent) across all of my rigs. Thanks in advance!

I'm enjoying the many profiles so much I haven't even started building my own dialed in collection yet.

I see you have 3 profiles listed under your user name... Could we talk you into sharing your customized collection?

I think even a year from now, after hundreds more profiles are made and shared, the Golub mod one will still be one of my favorites. I can't imagine it getting any better - hell I might even finally part with a rare Lovepedal acid-etched COT because this profile is so alive.

BTW - Running my favorite Jimi inspired stomp boxes (real ones) into it just kills - Wah, Octave, Fuzz and Vibe. This profile is killer on its own and it's killer with those sorts of pedals in front of it too.

Thanks for sharing this one +1000

Buckeye

11 Rack works great for me but my plans to upgrade and get a Mac at the end of this year means the Pro Tools 8 LE that came with my 11 R will be useless. What sucks is I'm out of budget (I just do this for great tone and its a hobby) to buy a new computer now but I have a feeling my 11 R won't be worth much a year from now.

Side Note - I've had some fun running the DI profiles for the Kemper into the many cabs available on the 11R with some nice results!

Mr. Kemper, i see your point and I think the included stomps are really well done but...

1). I think many of us bond with our pedals and their little nuances over time just like the amps that we profile.

2) There would be a huge value in being able to perfectly set up a stacked signal chain, profile it and then twiddle the knobs to get another perfect pedal stack and then be able to have them all on command without having to remember how you set it up before. Ex. Strymon compressor in treble boost mode pushing strong into G2 clone into SHO vs Strymon comp in flat boost mode lightly pushing into COT, etc. No more frustration in trying to remember what worked best.

3) No more unplugging and rearranging pedals to switch the order of things - You like your Timmy into your Klon and your Klon into your Timmy... profile them both ways and presto.

3). Mobility - I could essentially leave most of stomp boxes at home.

I hope you don't close the book on this suggestion.

Love my KPA nonetheless!