Posts by BuckeyeBrown

Stupid me.
    Flashed the KPA's memory
    Uploaded all of the rigs from Jimmyno's zip file (using the tip I posted on the "Tips and Tricks" forum getting around the kpa not pulling them from sub folders here - http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…page=Thread&threadID=4759
    But didn't do back up first.

Can anyone help me fill in the blanks?
    Does anyone have all of the Tills cabs, factory cabs, factory stomp presets, etc that they could PLEASE share with me?

So I decided to start fresh since Jimmyno has so kindly put together a zip of all of the rigs that were stock, appeared on the exchange and beyond. See here - http://www.kemper-amps.com/for…page=Thread&threadID=4549

He organized it by amp mfg and put everything in folders so that people could do their own auditioning of what they wanted to actually put into their KPA and then they could just keep the organized folders on their computer for future use/mass library/organization. The Kemper won't look into his unzipped sub folders to load the actual profiles if you try and just put all the unzipped folders in your "shared" folder on your thumb drive - which is a problem for someone like me that just simply wants to zap everything off of theKPA and start fresh.

If you want to delete everything - YOU WON'T EVEN HAVE FACTORY RIGS, CABS, EFFECT PRESETS, ETC .
    Back up your stuff first and then see "Erase the internal flash memory"

Http://www.soundside.de/support/KPARecovery.htm

To extract all of Jimmyno's profiles from their unzipped sub folders... pretty simple actually...
    Extract the zip folder that contains all of the amp name sub folders
    Highlight it and then do a search for ".kipr"
    Highlight all of the search results and copy and paste them into "shared" folder of your thumb drive

Viola

Since you just got it you may not be aware that you can use the direction up and down to jump alphabetically. I think this was added several firmware updates ago - you may already know this though. Nonetheless I think there is room for improvement.

Only assuming that this can't be done via firmware update on the KPA...

And based on the concept of what KPA can do in profiling...

How about a stomp box modeler that can listen to certain types of stomp pedals and copy them and stack them all with multiple effects loop options

I'm visualizing that you would need to tell it what category - dirt, chorus/flange, phaser, reverb, delay, tremolo, octave, maybe fuzz for more wooly stuff

Give us about 20 banks and a mono loop and 2 stereo loops - with selectable insertion points. Mono in case you have a stomp of your own that can't be profiled accurately that you want to sit in between two modeled stomps and two stereo ones so that you could use it in the amps's loop and have a second one, again so that your Timeline can sit in between say a profiled chorus and reverb.

Give it a couple options for outs and if it works... I've pay for one.

I just profiled and uploaded two of my favorite fuzz boxes to the exchange.

Dice Works Muff Diver - set this one up completely DI - If you are familiar with the pedal I have it set with both "C" (Cornish) approximations "on" for the Gilmour Muff tone that its built to emulate.

Cornell 1st Fuzz - I thought I set this up with Tills 1960 006 cab but I don't think I did it right. Nonetheless tweak to your desire. The pedal profiled has the NOS components which sells for a mint right now when Dennis has the matched components to make one. Honestly it pales in comparison to the pedal but I thought I would share since it's still a pretty nice fuzz face tone.

I tried to get the Tonebender MKII side of the Dice Works Fuzz Epic pedal to compliment the Muff Diver side but it had too much gain to profile. I've also got a rare Dice Works 18V (2 battery) octavia pedal called the Astronimus that I tried to profile but it didn't work out. Too bad - supposedly Eric made this based on one of the original ones Hendrix used that someone sent him to duplicate.

Enjoy and give me some feedback.

musicman65,

I just tried your profile last night and its a keeper. Nice job tweaking the mic placement to get the sound you were hearing - as you explained. Perhaps there is something to getting those reflections from under that desk of yours. :thumbup:

What you are saying makes sense. Certainly reverb can help the situation. As mentioned above phase is part of the equation too. Would me cool if this could be accounted for but sounds like a tough thing to capture.

I'm not in front of my KPA at the moment but I'm interested in seeing what kind of sounds I can get with the phase controls - assuming they are in the cabinet controls??? I bought a Cyber Twin (i know, i know) when they first came out and I can remember how setting up some of those old fender (open-back of course) amp models sounded very alive when playing with the reverse polarity setting - which, I believe would be a rather strong effect based in a tweak to the phasing. Of course the Cyber Twin took its knocks but some of those presets using this effect were very convincing with regard to having the "feeling" of an old tweed sitting in front of you if closed your eyes. Unfortunately with that amp it was only left, right or reverse. The reverse was great but it would have benefitted greatly having something to adjust the amount of the effect.

Anyone know if there is such a setting on the KPA?

Never even heard of this amp before but I really like it.

Very dynamic. Great chime and clarity and I really like the way it compresses and breaks up when you dig in but somehow it still retains that clarity. Its like a Hiwatt without the headroom in a very good way.

I've been struggling with what the best option would be to he keep things organized. About a month ago I started uploading my rigs to the exchange with the sharing option off and renaming all of them with the tag editor that comes up as you upload there. I used amp brand, model and whatever else could fit. I started alphabetically and got a few amps deep into Fender and gave up, realizing that this would be a never ending battle. (The plan was clear everything from the KPA and reload it all with my renamed rigs)

At this point I think the best help we could get requires both the sub folder ability on the KPA and the "ability to sort this way on the exchange" (without taking away from us the ability to see the most recently uploaded on the exchange) "and" a librarian editor program.

A simple rating system would only help too but I wouldn't put ahead of the other two on my wish list. I also see no problem in skewed ranks - take ranking for what its worth and refer to the Exchange part of this forum as a "user notes"area where we could share what we tweaked to make it better, etc.

Seems like somethings not right? The rig's defaul gain is all the way down - was it tweaked before uploaded because It's a very clean tone? This rig should be growling, if not screaming? Don't get me wrong it's a nice clean.

If I run my own compressor into my own o.d. and turn the gain on this rig up to 50%, without any other fiddling it sounds pretty darn nice. Add some delay - very good. I may try to add the on-board comp and an o.d. in the stomps section to see how it goes.

Side note for all you other fellow Gilmour tone chasers...
    I found this link while on my tone quest (below). That G2 should be maxed out on the sustain. The comp should be set up pretty mildly (no squishyness) and their might be an overdrive in between the comp and the G2 before the signal even hits the Hiwatt.
    http://www.kitrae.net/music/Music_mp3_OAI_Sound.html

:P:P:P Ahhh... Can't wait to get some time with this one!

Anybody given the "Till" treatment to some open back cabs. There are a slew of closed backs from Till and others to really help improve many of the rigs that might use closed back cabs but I'm looking to get my hands on some cabs to try on those Fender rigs.

Any suggestion?