Posts by BuckeyeBrown

I love the profiler for what it does. I never bought it with lofty expectations that it could replace most of my pedals... But I did! For me I have my Jimi/Fuzzes section in real pedals still and then my Strymons in the loop. Love it!

If Kemper and Strymon teamed up for a Profiler II... BOOM!!!

I had the smaller Yamaha' s and upgraded them to the larger HS80's plus their matching sub. I ran without the sub for over a year and strongly recommend the sub. The monitors alone are great but having the sub just adds more definition and power and give you more a feel like you get when playing an amp. It is "not" the "amp in the room" sound but it certainly adds toward that feel at a lower volume than an actual amp.

I think fuzzy octave sounds are possible through the profiler and I've heard some whooly Muff tones of Muffs being profiled that sounded great but I don't think that the profiler or any other device is close to the dynamics that you experience in rolling off the volume of a great traditional Fuzz Face circuit. It would require programming based around sensing impedence and how it effects the fuzz's circuit as a guitar's volume knob is turned. For now I still run my fuzz boxes before the profiler and I'm very happy this way.

I have a Babyface that I run my profiler into and prefer this method because the digital connection has less noise than the XLR route (I've compared through my studio monitors live/going back and forth - its very clear in person). You just need to get a converter box in between and you'll be all set. I've gone with the M-Audio CO2, which I actually bought used on Ebay and it works like a charm. It's also bi-directional so I have a feeling that if I wanted to send the digital signal back into the profiler for re-amping I could do this but I've never tried it so I can't confirm this.

Going XLR is perfectly fine too but given that you can stay digital (if that is your goal), you can certainly do this on ebay for around $45-$50 bucks, often with free shipping.

I bought the studio pack, not the uber. I think its great. I don't know if 2.6 has anything to do with it or even if these were created under this new firmware but to me their is a nice fullness in the mids that sounds a little special. It may simply be MW's ears and how he sets up the amp and equipment used/technique.

I like how the tags were well utilized. In addition and possibly related to a previous post, I found that my strat shined on the profiles that were tagged as being created using single coils. By no means does it mean my strat didn't sound good on the rest but just something that I noticed. I only had time to go through it quickly. There are some very crisp cleans that are well EQ'd (Deluxe, Twins and several others) and also some nice low gain profiles sprinkled in. There was one that was low gain using some Kirk Hammett signature amp that was great.

Definitely a recommended pack.

Sorry all - Problem Solved.

Did a reset but nada...

Realized that I tried a new digital connection that I heard about on here using a mini fiber cable into my Mac. I was playing around through Garage Band and had to change some settings on in interface. Well I didn't save the settings and when my power went out recently what came back caused a feedback loop in my interfaces settings.

Sorry for the distraction!

I'm on it and the problem does persist. I've moved the loop from MOD to X to stomps section and I get the same thing. The output settings don't matter at all. I've switched through them and aside from a very brief change the master remains full red on the LED and the feedback continues. It changes pitch sometimes which is strange. I also noticed that the mono loop and distortion loop sounds are a bit louder and come from one speaker more and the stereo loop isn't quiet as loud and comes from the other speaker. No clue but I'll try a system reset once I look up how to do it again - its been a long time.

I'll report back...

How much direct output level it is recomended for loop?

I drastically reduced the loops output settings which will get rid of the feedback when you have it super low but it also makes the volume level super low. I have the loop locked on so I didn't do anything to change anything. I updated the firmware and now have the problem. I'll play around with it again tonight and see if I can check those output settings that was suggested above. To your question however I use to have my loop output level anywhere from 100-105%. going above helped me achieve parity volume when turning the loop on and off - due to long cables/multiple pedals slightly decreasing the signal back.

I think you've used some of my stuff on this rig ? I know my original profile wasn't particularly good. I just threw a beta 57 in front of my old Hiwatt Fane 2x12 so the sound was a bit iffy....like this though , well done

Yes sir and thank you. Glad you like the tweaks.

Just did the update and the effects loops are totally jacked. I rebooted and my KPA freaked out with all feedback. I rebooted and the book up rig was fine. I then engaged my loop again on another rig and it was back again - full red LED with feedback. I quickly turned the knob on the 3 available loop effects and they all have this issue.

I'm sure this will get address soon but wanted to report to see if others could check their profiler.

This along the lines of Timo's comment but if you hold in the stomps button you can save that group of stomps as a "stomps section" preset and then browse through various ones that you saved so that you can pull up whatever combinations that you like from within any rig.

Ahhhh... So we are actually on topic then. Lol. BTW I'm 1/4 Calabrese.

Any feedback yet? Pun intended!

The delay/reverb is very echoplex-ish. I usually use my Strymon pedals for that but since I was sharing I thought I would use the onboard effects.

If your budget includes Squires, the Classic Vibe series of all types are considered by many as one of the best values that can be had. Check reviews online and you'll see huge praise. I'm not a "tele guy" but wanted to have one and found a used one that someone put Antiquities in and did a couple other little mods to and its great. Go try them out and compare them with others, including Fender American series and see what you think. Personally I think they are usually better until you get to the American Deluxes. Of course each guitar is a little different but if you can bare having a Squire logo on your headstock, your pocketbook might thank you and with the savings you can try different pickups, saddles, bone nut, etc.