Posts by davec69

I was wondering about this as well. I recently started using my H9 in the stereo loop. Right now I'm running mono send and stereo return, but I did read a post about setting up in stereo using the monitor out. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Just received my Eventide H9Max from Sweetwater today. Looking for suggestions on the best way to connect it. I run my KPA in stereo to a ADA poweramp and stereo guitar cab, via the main XLR outs.

My plan is to go:

KPA Direct Out/Send > H9 (L) Input
    H9 L&R Outs > KPA Return and Alternative Input
    Stereo Loop module in "Mod" slot.

My questions:

Do I need to make any changes in the "Master Out section for the direct out?
    Do I need to enable the "Killjoy" feature in the H9, to remove the dry signal?

My confusion:

Is it better to set the KPA Loop Mix to 100% then adjust the mix from the H9?

Or is it better to set the H9 to 100% and adjust the mix from the KPA Loop mix setting?

Also, I read a thread on the forum that mentioned using the monitor out and the direct out as stereo sends to effects that have stereo inputs (like the H9) and changing each to send Mod L and Mod R in the Master Out section. Does this work? Any advantage over the using the Direct out only, as most loop threads suggest.

Thanks. I know that I can run my KPA the same way. My question is more, "Is there a better way to run my KPA with the new 3.0 firmware, using a power amp/guitar cab setup connected to the main outs? While also running the FOH through the main outs?

Just installed the new 3.0 firmware last night. I'm running my KPA through a ADA Microtube 200 Power Amp, and a Polytone 3 Way Speaker Cabinet with 12" Eminence Tonker, 8" Mid and two Tweeters, The cab has two inputs. Bass Side (12" Tonker) and Treble Side (Mid and Tweeters). I run from the main KPA XLR L&R stereo outs > ADA 1/4" inputs > Polytone cab Bass/Treble inputs. I use the 1/4" main outs on the KPA to go to our mixer.

I normally run the KPA with the cabinet on, so I get the correct sound for FOH. Do I now need to turn Cab Off on the KPA?

What changes if any do I need to make with the new 3.0 firmware?

For all you guys having trouble with your re-amping setup, Here's a possible solution for you. Just saw this on the Cakewalk forum.

Gibson Memory Cable

http://www.store.cakewalk.com/…productid=30-TGMC1.00-10C

A regular guitar cable with a Tascam SD Recorder built in line.

Plug The cable from your guitar to the KPA input like a regular guitar cable.

Start the recorder when you start tracking in your DAW, and everything is captured in realtime.

Your DAW will capture the KPA output, and the memory cable will capture your original guitar signal on SD card. Up to 13 hours it say's.

After you finish recording, take the SD card from the memory cable and import the audio into your DAW. Now you have both the KPA track and the original guitar signal. No extra cables required.

[Blocked Image: http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/images/products/Gibson-Memory-Cable_01.jpg]

A couple suggestions that i can offer.

1. In your SPDIF setup, one device has to be the master for sync purposes and the other unit has to be setup as a slave unit. If the two units are not in sync, you will get crappy or no SPDIF audio at all. Your KPA is the master, so make sure to setup your Focusrite to be the slave. By default, it's probably setup to be the master for sync purposes. Most audio interfaces switch from internal clock to external clock automatically when it detects a S/PDIF signal. Not sure about your Focusrite. You may have to manually change it somewhere in the control panel for your Scarlett. If it's currently set to "Internal", change it to external sync, so it gets it's sync timing from the Kemper.

2. Once the two units are in sync, it's just a matter of going to the Master output S/PDIF knob of the Kemper and selecting which audio you want to send to your Focusrite. All of the settings should work, Master Stereo, ect. Some are more specific, like the ones mentioned above. Git/Mod or Got/Master Mono puts the unprocessed guitar from the input jack on one of the two S/PDIF channels and the processed sound on the other S/PDIF channel. The Kemper manual describes all the various options for S/PDIF output. None of them will work if the two units aren't in sync first.

Just received my Behringer SRC2496 last night. Hooked the Kemper SPDIF Out to the SRC2496 SPDIF in, then connected the SRC2496 SPDIF Out to my Quad Capture Comuter Interface SPDIF In. I set the SRC2496 to do Sample Rate Conversion from 44.1k To the Quad Captures 96K, and everything worked like a charm. I can now use my Kemper to record directly into my 96k Projects. Haven't noticed any difference in sound.

In addition, when not using the Kemper, I can use the SRC2496 to convert other devices to 96k. It also has AES XLR Inputs and Analog XLR inputs, though I've read that the Analog to Digital Conversion is not the best.

The Behringer SRC2496 is a nice, relatively inexpensive sample rate converter box for anyone looking.

Just snagged a Behringer SRC2496 off Ebay for 90.00. From what I've read, there really are no complaints with the upsampling side of the unit. Most say it sounds good. The complaint is with the Analog input circuits which are pretty noisy. I won't be using those anyway.

That Monarchy unit looks interesting. You could probably fit that in the back of the KPA toaster. It also looks easy to remove the electronics from the case. You could easily fashion a plate for the back of the toaster, and mount the Monarchy on it for a permanent install.

Looks like the DIP Upsampler will accept SPDIF 44k from the Kemper and upsample it to 48k or 96k. (299.00). if you want to re-amp, you'd need to also buy a DIP Classic (249.00), which would accept 96k input and downsample it to 44k.

[Blocked Image: http://www.monarchyaudio.com/images/DIP_Classic_side.jpg]