Posts by davec69

I run my KPA through a ADA Microtube 200w Power Amp and a stereo a 2 x 12 cab wired in stereo, with a EV-12L on one side and a Eminence Tonker on the other side. I much prefer this setup to DI for on stage monitoring. Sound guys mic my cabinet as normal.

I did run through my 4 x 12 for a while, just to try it out. It also sounded great, but I rarely play at venues which require a 4 x12 cab.

Recently, I picked up an old Polytone cab for 49.00 which I'm really liking. I think it may have been designed for bass or possibly jazz. It has a 12" woofer (swapped the original for an Eminence Tonker) a 8 " mid driver and 2 tweeters. The cool feature is that it has separate bass and treble input jacks on the back, so I can use my stereo power amp to adjust the low end or the highs.

[Blocked Image: http://www.tandemmedia.com/images/tgp/polytone1.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://www.tandemmedia.com/images/tgp/polytone2.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://www.tandemmedia.com/images/tgp/polytone3.jpg]

Actually, I'm getting the opposite.

My Kemper now seems to have more output, easily pushing the master light into the red.

I ran the 1.1 Beta version for a while, but when I upgraded to the 1.1 release version a few days ago, I got more output it seems.

Recently, in between songs, at a pretty big gig (big for our band of part timers) in SF, at the Great American Music Hall, I made the mistake of using the main power switch to to turn on the tuner, unfortunately in my excitement, I went right past the tuner notch and hit the Off notch.

I almost crapped my pants right there.
    [Blocked Image: http://www.tandemmedia.com/images/tgp/babycrap.jpg]

All I could think was "It's going to take a long time for this thing to reboot. I was ready to break out in a little soft shoe to entertain the audience, while we waited.

Fortunately, the Kemper didn't go off as expected, I guess there some delay before it actually shuts down, and I was able to turn the knob back to tuner in time.

Since that time, a couple good things have happened. 1. I setup my Behringer FCB-1010 to access the tuner by midi. No more touching the power knob during the gig, and secondly, Kemper has shortened the boot time in the newest firmware, so I guess in a worse case scenario, the wait wouldn't be as long.

Here' 3 steps that have to happen before the FCB-1010 and Kemper will talk to each other.

1. The Kemper and the FCB-1010 both need to be on the same midi channel.
    2. You have to have the Rigs assigned to a preset number in the kemper
    3. You have to put the EurekaProm in PP configuration. The other Eurekaprom configurations are setup for other units already.

Once done, the Kemper and the FCB-1010 should talk to each other. After that, you just need to get them both speaking the same language by programming the buttons on the FCB-1010

I'm guessing that the 1/4" jacks in the master out section are just a physically connected duplicate of the XLR jacks, so this suggestion is probably not possible.

It would be great if it were possible to turn the cabinet emulation off for the 1/4' jacks only, which would allow for stereo connection to a amp and stereo cabinet.

The XLR outs in the master out section could still be sent to FOH with the cabinet emulation on.

Hi guys. I'm not sure if there's another Dave at Eurekasound, that your referring to, but I am not affiliated with Eurekasound. I'm just a satisfied FCB-1010/Eurekasound user.

If you're having trouble, I will try to assist, though. what's the problem that you need help with?

Here's a quick synopsis of the process.

Once you have the EurekaProm installed, you basically just need to program it to talk to the Kemper.

Since the EurekaProm doesn't have a built in configuration for the Kemper, you'll need to use the generic PP configuration. Follow the directions here to put the FCB-1010 in PP mode:

http://www.eurekasound.com/eur…Selecting-a-Configuration

Once you're in PP mode, you'll need to program the switches to do what you want on the kemper. The process is fairly simple. There are four modes available once your in PP configuration. FP= Favorite presets, PR=Presets Lookup, EF= Individual effects mode, SP=Special effects. You'll use PR mode and FP mode to setup your 10 favorite presets.

Basically you use PR mode to find the preset that you want on the Kemper, then switch to FP mode to save that preset to one of the 10 favorite slots.

Important. Before you can do any of this, you need to assign your favorite rigs in the Kemper, to a preset number. You do this by going into the System settings in the Kemper. One of the pages allows you to assign rigs to a preset number. I started by assigning rigs to 127 preset slots. This way, I could use the FCB-1010 in PR mode to scroll through those 127 presets. Until you assign rigs in the Kemper, to a preset number, you cannot access by midi, using the FCB-1010

The details for PP configuration can be found here:

http://www.eurekasound.com/eurekaprom/configurations/pp

Fellow Kemper Users.

I shot an email to Nik at Ceriatone this morning, and asked him if he could add a 1U Space Stereo Tube amp, along the lines of the Mesa 20/20 his product line at Ceriatone, for us Kemper and Axe guys. Graciously, he has replied, asking for more input on the features that we'd like to see in such a kit or Ceriatone build. FYI. this would be an external 1u rackmount amp.

Before I respond, I wanted to get some ideas from other KPA users, as to what features you'd like to see in a 1u Stereo Rackmount Tube Amp. I know there have been many rackmount stereo tube power amps out there over the years, so If you've had one that had a cool feature, chime in.

Key for me personally, is to keep the size at 1u, since there are several options available in the 2u-4u rack space range, so this probably means EL-84's as in the Mesa 20/20.

If anyone owns a 20/20, maybe you can chime in on features that you'd like to see added.

I'm using my ADA Microtube 200. Sounds great, and a great deal if you can find them out there.

The Microtube has 2 12AX7's inside. Not the same as power tube distortion, but it adds a nice warmth. They're getting old now, but I've gone through mine and replaced all of the electrolytic caps, so it's good for another 10 years or so.

Add me to the list of satisfied users.................Great Job!!!

Initially, I was going for the individual packs, but by the time I finished adding packs to the cart, I had most of them. So, I decided to buy the full pack, it's a better deal if you have the cash.

One suggestion would be to add some other bundle options like:

Original Amp Pack (Amps only, clean, crunch and dirty profiles, no pedal profiles)

Pedal Pack (All of the profiles in which pedals were used)

Clean Pack (Clean Amps Only)

Crunch Pack (Crunch Profiles Only)

Dirt Pack (All Dirt Profiles)

Classic Rock Pack

Metalhead Pack

Boutique Pack

USA Amp Pack

UK Amp Pack

Hello, let me preface by saying that I work for a pro audio distribution company that sells many brands, including Behringer, so I may be a little biased.

I find that Behringer gets a really bad rap. Their current product line is very good. In the early days of Behringer, they had reliability issues, and it that bad rap was well deserved. As of this year, Behringer now offers a 3 year warranty on their product, which is better than most manufacturers.

If money is a concern, I see nothing wrong with going with Behringer Eurolive monitors, they sound great. At our warehouse, I have Eurolive displayed next to JBL Eon's, PRX, QSC K's and KW's, Mackie SRM and Thumps, RCF ect... They stand up very well in their price range. Both in sound quality and value.

I have access to all the different brands because of my job, and I still use Behringer 8" Eurolive powered speakers for vocal monitors in my own band. We hate lugging gear, and they are tiny, and 200w. You can put them anywhere. Not a lot of bass, but we only run vocals through them.

On my KPA, I don't use FRFR. I could, but I prefer going KPA main outs to my ADA Microtube 200 and a 2 x12 cab wired in stereo, with the cabs locked OFF on the KPA.

Does anybody have a list of the new rigs?
    I've imported them but I can't find them among my 1.000 rigs. I thought they would be the last ones if sorted by date but I olny found my own edited rigs there.

Here's a screenshot of the rigs in the .rar file sent to me by schenidas

[Blocked Image: http://www.tandemmedia.com/images/tgp/newrigs1.1.0v2.jpg]

And here's a link to the file - http://www.tandemmedia.com/images/tgp/FW109_20addedRigs.zip

Can someone upload the new rigs separately?

I'd love to run through the new rigs, but i just got my rig count down to a respectable number, and I don't want to restore ALL the factory rigs.

I run a similar setup with the ADA Microtube 200 into a stereo 2x12 cab. The only drawback that I see is that the Kemper only has the one monitor out (unless it's TSR stereo), so you can only do stereo using the Main outs.

I can report that I spent yesterday downgrading my KPA firmware from 1.08 Beta to 1.04. I ran through the steps mentioned above. Didn't notice much difference, but the KPA did sound a little fatter at v1.04.

Of course, a quick turn of the volume knob reminded me why I upgraded from v1.04. The volume settings were jumping all over the place.

So, I upgraded back to the v1.08 release version, and all is well. The KPA does seem to have a slightly hotter output but seems a little thinner with the v1.08 firmware. It's real slight though. Could be my imagination.

Either way, I wouldn't recommend flashing your firmware more than necessary. Firmware flashing should only be done when absolutely necessary, like a new upgrade, or if you have a problem. One wrong move, or bad timing on a power outage and you could kill your KPA.