Posts by waraba

here is the other vid from KD :

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi !

You probably heard the great Vid from Kristofer, he was kind enough to tweak my rig and give me the result.

I just updated my packs, so this great rig is available in the bonus directory of the commercial HB or BUNDLE packs.

name of the rig : ATM.HB.drive.KrisD.RG6

Free update for the owners of my pack !

OK ! packs are now updated with 'THE RIG' used on Krid video. It's a very good rig , very close to early Van Halen brown sound on my solid body.

Both Humbucker pack & Bundle Pack now have the rig in the bonus directory . All I did was evening the CAB volume in order to maintain the levels up to the other ones from my pack.

Here is the name of the profile : ATM.HB.drive.KrisD.RG6

You will find the rig in my store HERE

Kudos TO KD for providing his tweaks !!

Brilliant vid Kris :) It took me more than 10 years to figure what you resumed in the vid ... Slow playing , having a goal, never play without vibrato , slides and hammer / PO , singing the lead in your head ... Pretty well summed and strangely it also applies to love :thumbup: You did not mention the hybrid picking you're using here , I think It's also a great part of your tone, not to be neglected IMHO.

I asked Kris to send me the profiles used in this vid mainly because the original one ( the lead.Scofield) was tweaked for hollow body guitars (by Fausto on his 335) and a modern solid body tweak is a good addition to my pack.

I'll update the humbucker pack with this one ASAP, but it's another variation of the Lead.70's profile , my best lead profile so far. The dynamics of this profile made it my main reference when comparing to other new profiles, it's really something. FI Same qualities are fount in the HB.clean.main and SC.clean.full.

Thanks again Kris & Fausto

I disagree strongly , the SM57 is an industry standard mic for some reason , and the KPA allows post profiling tweaks to handle most undesired artifacts if they ever happen , not to mention the low price for this great mic, I could not afford a 1000€ pick up.

I made all my warmest , rich, dynamic and chimey profiles with this one and absolutely love them as well of lots of users here.

I used the foolprof position from the thread here and trial & error until I got the tone I had in my head, I had such a good CAB result suiting everything from finger play jazz to hard rock,chords or leads ... it's really impressive.

I remember the mic position : between the 2x10 speakers, really angled and so close that the head was actually within the limits of the outer ring of the speaker. Being between the two speakers also captured some reflections of the other speaker , resulting in a LOUD punchy CAB profile with lots of definition and whole frequency balance.

i's a nice idea, however album versions are often the result of a complex mix (multi-amped/multi-tracked/comped/EQed/FXed...) so a single amp profile won't be enough to mimic this kind of tone. Isolated guitar tracks may sound weak on their own but great in the mix. Amps in a given model will also sound different from one serial to another. Guitar choice and style of the player also enter the recipe, so it will be complicated to handle all this variables ...

It would be better to get a full rig with the right amp and a good FX choice, but tailored for live.

I thinks Maurizio on this forum has done lots of work regarding matching band/song tones, check his archive.

The question about the pick is right, I'd play these clean amps with an hybrid picking or with bare fingers, I guess they are very dynamic but warm and chimey, and some profiles can really capture that.

They are as many approaches to setting the amp and miking / profiling as guitarists, so you'll have to find your way out , but it's really rewarding

Hi, I'm back on profiling& tweaking the P90 and hollow body pack, I've already excellent stuff !!

Here is a short preview ,hollow body tones are by far the most complicated tweaks I had to deal with, but I came across lots of different tones, some fantastic.

This demo shows the acoustic profiles, clean leads , all kinds of clean, pop & dirty tones.

The opening riff is a solid body on P90, the rest is a big fat hollow :) Some killer growl not available on solid bodies...

There is no mix , you'll hear some flaws but there are raw KPA tones straight to SPDIF. No post mix & external FX

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

all rite mate , If I had a supro I'd probably squeeze it to the death regarding the number of profiles, I took around 90 profiles of my humble AMT preamp with 4 different guitars.

Looking forward the supro profiles ; it's great you have them brand new, ready for profiling and the boss letting you do :)

supro , mesa boogie mark IIC+ , you have good taste !!

I like the 1642T , the other one is really dark & a bit dull. I had to add a verb and adjust cab vol to really hear it
    the boogie is buzzy , maybe it's gain settings were much too high for my liking

I'm a bit harsh but I really appreciate the efforts , thx

I gave a short try, it's a very nice set of features, not sure if they are different from the ones fount in the verb settings, but it's a very convenient way to set up new kind of long cavernous stuff and super long delayed verbs as well, it's still a bit coldish to me.

I wish these settings will be available on a per rig basis in the actual settings, page 3