Posts by waraba

Hello,

I'd like to have an expression pedal connected to my KPA in order to play some wah ?

I cannot be sure if you can use a volume pedal ( like the Boss FV50 ) as an expression pedal ?

Does the pedal's impedance matter ? Which one are you using ?

thanks for your advices.

W

Hello, thanks for your time profiling the boogie, I really dig the crunch one , it sounds fantastic with single coils :D

I'ill wait for the Mark IIC+ profile , I really love this kind of sound, hopefully we'll be able to assign the gain to a volume/expression pedal as on some boogies.

Hello,

I understand it takes lots of ressources to developp and editor.

Maybe C.Kemper will make this architecture more open and give partial information in order third parties can developp their own librarian / editor ( I think about the community / open source developpement model).

We need a least a simple driver to be able to mount the KPA as a virtual usb drive ( librarian & sync ) --> Option 1

We can even imagine a more complex driver with full access to internal parameters ( Editor ) --> Option 2

I'll be really happy with Option 1

Hello,

That should be easy to implement, but very useful for the lazy guitarist that just like to play a bit of slide.

regarding the GUI I'd like to choose the open tuning with the browse knob, then maybe click on a button for each string or full automatic mode ( string recognition and tuning )

Open G
    open C
    open D

thanks you Mr kemper :D

PS : we also need a metronome ( a funky one 8) ) or a minimalistic editable drumbox that would be so cool

Hi !

I just transfered a minimalist 4-track rock session using the profile I made with my digitech RP500 ( now collecting dust ;)

The profile is the brownsound , that I did particulary like on the digitech ( based on Van Halen's amps maybe ) It's very dark.

here are the profiles

I must confess some profiles sound 10x much better than mine but this way I 'll still have the feeling of having my digitech available while it's sold.

A great feature I used on the digitech and I hope to use on the KPA was dialing the expression pedal to the amp gain ( like some mesa boogie ).

See ya

Hello ,

I feel some of the KPA users are missing this great feature :

you can keep all availables rigs on your KPA while sorting your personnal short list selection ( I have 30) in the quick menu ( snapshot rigs ).

They will be avalaible with pressing the quick button and use the "browse" knob to navigate to your selection ( be sure to have the autoload checked, if not use the contextual button to check this option).

please read the procedure JEL did write to enable the quick mode ( it was not enabled by default on my KPA).

The snapshot button allows you to store the actual rig you've been testing/tweaking to your quick menu, instantly :

Every new rig I test is generally tweaked a bit to suit my needs, adjusted and either kept within the full list (eventually lost there ;) ) or 'snapshot' to my personnal collection of killer rigs :D .

Thanks to JEL for this great tip, i spent like 3 weeks to discover this feature ?( .

W

Hello and welcome , we will be happy to ear & play your "special texas tones ;) " when you get around profiling this cool collection you have.

W

Hello & thank you so much , you did a fantastic job with those amps.

I guess you spent much much time miking these ? It's a labour of love :thumbup:

The fender 57 clean is my favorite , really great and singing.

Thanks again !

Hello,

With so many good profile uploaded each day it would be a good idea to refine the import process on the KPA.

We should be able to import new files and packs on specific subdirectories, in order not to disturb the order of your rig set. This will maintain a specific hierarchy in your rig set and help us to find the file you just imported.

It would be cool to have the opportunity of testing each new rig while importing (at the end of the import ) with a 2 way option : keep or discard.

Everything will be solved with a direct USB connexion ( direct preview of your file from your computer, sync , rig management ...) but until then , it would be great to have those features.

Hello,

just went trough a little trial with the gear I used to play before the KPA landed :

AMT SS-11 - wonderful little Russian box - 2 x6Н2П-ЕВ tubes preamp with 2 channels.

The profiling was done with a clean, then a crunch , crunchier and lead tone.

Thoses profiles were inteded to the single coils ( use your volume on the guitar ). The clean one is very bright - light sounding.

here is the download link

http://dl.free.fr/tm9wPSwLS

I also profiled the digitech RP500 "brownsound " wich is the best modeled amp on the RP500 IMHO. Those profiles are for humbucker & riffing ( great LesPaul sound ) but there is a "special dark vibe " that will even make a tele sound very Les Paul like :D . There are 4 gain levels from almost clean to extreme, use the vol/ pot as well. Here is a snippet I made using this profile ( #2)

If someone like them, I'll put them on the Rig exchange.

Hope you'll have as fun as I did , the whole session took 1 hour and it went very simple ( No miking involved here) and surprisingly well regarding the capturing of the original gear :)

Waraba

Edit ; I just put a snippet on souncloud

Hello ,
    I live in France ( Paris ) , I play the Guitar mainly for fun and recording , my musical cultural backgound is mainly 70's & hard rock , blues , funk , jazz and a bit of bossa. I work as an IT pro, so I'll be happy to help if I can.

I just received my new Kemper, went to a patching , tweaking ang rig installing session last evening, wich was a lot of fun.

I'm totally impressed by the beast, very professionnal gear and user interface, dead silent , very musical. I used to play on tube amps but did have to let them collect dust since I now live in a flat. Neighbours do not always dig the sound of cranked amps as much as we do :huh: . I also fount that playing on amps is tiring for the ears ( i'm 41 !!), so I switched to monitors & modelers. I'm so happy to feel the old & mighty good tube vibe again with the KPA :D .

I must thank the few rigs creators that impressed me the most ( for now !!) : The legacy , The Harly , the Hiwatt , the EVH and some fantastic JTM45. I'm not yet used to the cabs ( Tills & so ) since they really differ in rendering on clean amps and hot ones , but there is a lot to discover !

I'd like to profile a few gear I have , but I do not have access to quality mikes, I'll try with direct outputs ( AMT SS11 - digitech RP500 I really dig the brownsound amp - Mesa Boogie subway blues = killer little combo - fender champ 12 ).

I also have two european handwired amp rarities made in the 60's &or 70's with stock tubes ( telefunken ) :

a dakota AMP 30 W 12 Ohm killer amp - Full range head & CAB ( I wonder how it would sound whith the KPA as a preamp without cab sim ??? ) . You can use it for bass, vocals & keyboards , it sounds tubey as hell ! It's now used for my wife's Fender Rhodes and it's absolutely delicious.

The other one is a Mars AMP - 12 W , also full range & open back combo wich has a very specific guitar rythtm sound when cranked ( like the Who ).

I hope I can profile those two amps for posterity ^^ !!

Nice sum-up I'll just add the possibilty of using checkboxes to allow someone to download 1-100 profiles in a single download.

Let me explain :

example link

You can select checkboxes (on the left ) a whole range while holding SHIFT key and selecting 2 boxes :

from 25 to 50 for instance : just click 25, hold SHIFT then click 50 , then download your profiles in a single click ( create NZB )

This would be great in the case you can display at least 25/50/100 profiles per page.

I hope it's clear enough to understand :huh: ?

Profiles should also be kept on a repository so one can download then in a single batch ( like now ).

W.

PS : post edited use SHIFT, not CTRL - thx guys for the feedback

Hello, I agree with the idea , a usefull profile page should let the user sort the profiles on severall keys :

brand / rating / release date / profiler (user ) / type ( / acoustic /clean / crunch / heavy stuff / pedal / modeler ) / ...

Also , Severall profiles should be downloable at once ( just click on a check mark for the ones you'd like , then download once )

Thanks

I wonder if kemper will make a 'light desktop' version of the KPA ( just like the Virus TI snow , much smaller & cheaper ).

A 'runtime' version without the profiling technology would be acceptable ( in order to reduce the price ), since one can always borrow another standard KPA to do the profiling of his own amps ,once for all, and get the profiles on the box.

Another request : an audio plugin version of the KPA (like a VST plugin).

Is there any roadmap for the bright future of kemper amps somewhere ??

I know I will take some time for those alternatives to hit the market since R&D costs a lot and the KPA must get trough return on investment period, but lower budget guitar geeks need to know if they can join the clan of happy KPA owners.

Thanks for you consideration

W.