Posts by waraba

Hello , i tried mono and stereo , this is the same result as there is only one mono power amp and one speaker on the 65w frontman. I use a standard jack from the monitor out to power amp in, no adapter. This is not really an Aux IN,but it bypasses the crappy preamp section.

BTW the 65 frontman is really great with the latest free pack from Andy, fender amp with cab off on 12" speaker (open back ) --> real blackface vibe :D

On the 15G I use the regular input since the EQ section is really effective, and I'm very pleased with it, I tried the aux in, with similar results, the speaker is much too colored here but it gives a specific little compression that sounds really cool. I really love this little setup for everyday noodling, at night.

R

Thanks for the nice comments on clip :)
    While trying this pack I really felt like opening the door of an old pawn shop in new orleans , trying every vintage amp in there, one by one, and getting back with a truck load of superb fender rarities to bring back home.

OK, first of all I really have to write a big THANK YOU to Andy, for his professional and hard work, but most for his generosity to share for free such a big effort, on his previous packs and on this latest one.

I don't have words to describe the Twin Rigs, the Fender ones in general and at least another 10 from this latest pack. I have to plan a donation to Andy for all this great work :thumbup:

Totally agree with you , outstanding classy work & incredible ear you got Andy. This 69' Blackface rig (TAF - dream delay & tiny feet ) is the best BF I ever heard, it's especially versatile too with a great gain course. I also love the big twin, warm & chimey funk machine. :thumbup:

I am looking for a way to do editing

Hello You'll find the editor built by Laurent & myself ( KAP Tag editor & simple tag editor )

"http://kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php?page=Thread&postID=49840&highlight=editor#post49840"

It's open sourced Python code, so you'll find some info in the scripts, we have a few specs XL sheets too.

If you're able to do it , we need someone to build binaries for PC & Mac from the sources, then we should talk about hosting it somewhere.

Renaud.

PS : EDIT ,

here is the editor :
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/107220404/Simple_tag_editor.zip

Great pack once Again !!

the whole Fender family included here is really amazing in itself from the 'little' blues junior to the 'Big twin' : they all have very distinctive characters & feeling.

Andy & KT , Thanks for taking time profiling them with love & providing them to us, it's better than Xmas :)

Renaud.

A short notice about the rotary, you can achieve a simple but beautiful 'rotovibe' with a speed control.

Just activate : Ring Modulator then adjust settings to Pedal off / MIX 47% / Manual 5.1 for a slow roto or 5.3 for a speed one, 5.2 is great too.

I asked for a better 'resolution' in feature request (like 5.05) but it doesn't look do-able ?

I will try to post a little sample tonite (2 speeds )

Hi Arne, I already know this feature .

I meant browsing the previous import sessions , not only the last one :

Say I imported 20 rig 3 weeks ago, then 12 last week , I'd just like to show those 20 rifs from 3 weeks ago again without sorting all rigs by date.

R.

Hi ,

I know you can sort rigs with date , but I'd like this simple feature regarding the last imports :

I'd just like to see my previous import sessions and switch to them.

It could be done with a 'history tab' with just a line displaying the date of the import and the number of rigs imported instead of the 'sort by' TAB.

Hope it's clear enough ?

for controlling the amp gain by pedal :

adjust the max gain on your amp
    select wah pedal booster, set the range to -100
    adjust clean sense to compensate the vol. as you lower the gain with the pedal

have fun switching from clean to rythnm & lead by the touch of your foot & wha :D

Easy answer : CREAM JTA 45 by Geraldo for cleans crunch and heavy.

This amp suits every style you can imagine with a single profile : warm cleans , funk , jazz, blues, classic rock & heavy rock.

This rig also sounds very well on each speaker / amp / monitor I tried , without any major tweak.

CK please put this rig in a 200€ single pedal (Sans Amp style ) with the fender pro Junior & a hi gain rig and wou'll sell them by thousands :)

R.

Hi

profile uploaded , for those that would like trying this kind of rig made almost from scratch.

I will sound crappy it you don't use : single coil (tele is best ) , bridge PU, vol pot and tone pot at mid position. You'll have to unlock ALL pedals since I had to assign most of them.

I used a dirty trick to damp the sound like a keyboard does : set the noise gate around 4 and up to 7 to find the right sustain.

You also have to play by pinching the string hard & mute, or slaping them. Chords will be slightly detuned due to freq. shifts

feel free to modify filters.

Renaud

Hello ,

I also took the plunge with 2 really cheap "frontmen " and excellent additions to my KPA : I bought them 'brand new second hand' for 150€ boths !

The frontman 65W gives me the 12" speaker vibe with lots of basses & good definition (I only use the auxilliary input on
    the internal power amp). With 'monitor cab off' & fender profiles , boogies and vintage amps it's really a great addition to my little 8" monitors, since the speaker has this typical fender rendering chime(with the monitor out) . It sounds a lot more compressed with the cab sims on, which is great for marshalls & hi gain rigs. Anymay you basically have a amp that looks and sounds like a 2000$ vintage blackface for under 100€ !! I had a good laugh just plugin my guitar thru the amp without the KPA, awfull crispy mosfet sounds & so cheap distortion.

I also use the 15G at home,after midnight to keep the volume and basses low while getting a real amp feeling. This small 15w amp has an aux input too, but I fount the regular inputs very usable with the KPA since the EQ on the amp is quite effective. I always end up with fender pro junior & supro rigs on the 15G and it's really like having a real little champ in my room, I love it.

The only problems I had with this solution are :

you cannot control the volume on the 'aux in' on the 65W ( you have to control it on the monitor out level on the KPA master section ) I almost blew my ear the 1st time I plugged it ( set up now at -57 dB !!)

I have to adjust the EQ out each time I swap the amps on the monitor out, I really would like some user presets there.

Hi,

thx, you were right, the LOOP is engaged on Crunch+, clean & full profiles.

really warm, transparent and tasty amp . It's also sensitive to guitar vol. pot, like every good tube amp should do , thanks for profiling it.