Posts by Webb

Thanks to all who took the time to comment. Your feedback is valuable. I’m still learning to dial in the amp since there are a lot of tone-shaping options available in addition to bass, mid, treble (gain, saturation, boost, shift, etc). Wizards are known to be very clear and articulate amps even at higher gain settings. The challenge is capturing that magic in the profiles. Stay tuned....

Hey guys,

Just started profiling my Wizard MTL for an upcoming pack and wanted to share a couple samples to get some opinions here before I go any further. Both are studio profiles of the lead channel into a Marshall 1960BX Greenback loaded cab with an SM7b + Royer 121 blend. T1 is with the boost knob engaged and T2 is without.

Feedback would be HUGELY appreciated...either here or via private message if you prefer.

Does it rock?

Does it suck?

My feelings won't be hurt either way. So please - help me help you.

EDIT - added 2 new test profiles. Please download and let me know what you think.

what are the profiles used for each one of your demos. Thanks Paul

Pretty sure for the main guitars in the Dokken song I used CCV 01 for the left and CCV 02 for the right (double tracked). The clean guitar buried during the chorus was CCV 12 but I can't remember which one I used for the solo. I just opened up the session in Logic to check but I didn't keep notes.

The other 2 demos posted above were sent to me from others who have the pack so not sure exactly which one of the profiles they used.

Appreciate all the support and the positive feedback received so far. Just a quick note that I will have an update to the pack coming out soon with a bunch of merged profiles (free to those that purchased already). Look for an email within the next week. Also, the intro sale price is ending this weekend so if you've been on the fence, now is your chance to grab them.

In the meantime, here is another killer track using these profiles...courtesy of ColdFrixion:thumbup: Thanks again!

On Page 8 of Output menu with Kemper Kone enabled Monitor volume set at maximum -0.0 db. No output. Headphones work -when I plug it back in.

Strange. Mine is super loud at 0 dB. I usually keep my monitor volume around -10 to -12 with the Kab.

I ordered too !!

Big fan of your Aldrich modded Marshall.

What are the differences to your previously released non commercial CCV, Mr. Webb ?

Thanks! There are definite similarities compared to the free samples I've shared but this pack is the result of years of trial and error. I think my technique has improved over time and my studio has grown since then. Better preamps, better monitoring, summing the mics before they hit the Kemper with an SSL mixer, etc. "Better" is subjective though but hopefully your ears agree! Let me know what you think.

oh man, this is Heaven!

I've just bought your Cameron but I din't received the link for download.

can't wait for Wizard MCII and Friedman BE! :love:<3<3<3

is a Splawn Nitro or QR?

Thanks for the purchase. Sorry, right now it’s a manual process to email the link for download but you should have it now. If not, please let me know. Enjoy!

The Splawn I have is a Quickrod.

Thanks MM! I recently got something else for the studio that I know you’re also a fan of - a pair of Event Opals. Loving them so far although I still slightly favor the Atomic CLR when blasting the Kemper. But for mixing , nothing beats the Opals.

I’m going to have to revisit merged profiles again as the last time I tried I thought there was a slight difference in sound and preferred the studio profiles. I’ll give it another try.

Thanks again.

I know, I know .... you're thinking "yet another Kemper commercial profile seller??" Just what the world needs, right? But with that said - please welcome ElevenEleven Studios to the fold :P

I've been using the Kemper since 2012 and have shared a number of profiles over the years to very good reviews. A handful of people have pestered...I mean, politely asked when I was going to release a profile pack. Well the time has come. I've spent a lot of time and effort getting to a place I was happy with so here is my first official release -

The Cam CCV-100 Kemper Profile Pack

40 Profiles seeking to recreate the magic of the controversial and rare Cameron CCV-100 tube amp. A blistering, fire-breathing amp perfect for hard rock and metal.

Includes 24 studio profiles and 16 direct amp profiles captured with a matching Cameron 4x12 loaded with Celestion G12H30 Anniversary speakers as well as a Marshall 1960BX with Celestion G12M Greenbacks.

Profiled with high end studio gear including API and 1073 preamps and SSL summing. Classic mic blends using tried and true studio standards such as: Beyerdynamic M160, Royer R121, Sennheiser MD421, Shure SM57, and Shure SM7b.

The majority of profiles are high gain from Channel 2, utilizing the various switches and clipping diodes the CCV provides. However, there are a few low gain and clean profiles from Channel 1. Gain range according to Kemper Rig Manager is 0.0 - 7.6.

Here is a little promo video I made with me playing all guitars using these profiles over a backing track. Hope you dig it.

Wait, what - Cameron CCV tone for only 8 bucks!? I kid you not!

Get them here and make some noise - https://elevenelevenprofiles.bigcartel.com/product/ccv100

Thanks for the support!

Webb Have you made a profile of the MCII?

Not yet. Between real work, studio work, and kids I haven’t had much time to even play guitar lately. When I do have time I keep going back to profile my Cameron CCV....new mics, new cabs, new techniques, trying to better the profiles I already made.

I have a pretty healthy amp collection I hope to get to and the Wizards are next on the list. Here is a fairly recent pic.

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/LABmuEV.jpg]