Posts by Webb

Not getting quite the response I had hoped for so maybe the profiles suck and no one wants to tell me or they are so good that people can’t stop playing long enough to post? :D

I tried to create a poll so people could vote anonymously but it doesn't look like that's an option on this forum. Oh well. Anyway, my ears are ringing from another profiling session so here are 3 more CCV profiles for anyone interested...all at a similar gain settings through the same Friedman cab. 2 of the profiles use an API mic pre and the other is a 1073. Constructive criticism welcomed.

Profiles can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/f30…LHjsBHgje6dWIXrg25xa?dl=0

Also, if anyone is up for testing more profiles with a wider range of amp/gain settings and can record audio and/or video clips, please let me know and I'll send them your way.

Thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Awesome, glad you like them. Thanks for the feedback.

I did another round of profiling my Cameron CCV100 and could use some fresh ears to give it a try.

High gain settings profiled through a Friedman 4x12 with an SM57 and Royer 121 mix on a Celestion Greenback speaker. EQ engaged in the X slot adds a little bite but please try it with and without.

I'd love some feedback on it so if you get a chance please give it a try and let me know your thoughts...good or bad.

Thanks!

Edit: Added 2 other profiles with slight changes to mic placement. Please let me know which one you prefer. All 3 profiles can be downloaded here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bny…-xV1OeUz1aw0jJguqNYa?dl=0

Has anyone used the OH studio mix collection with a MAC. The folder file structure is deep and does not appear to offer a quick profile with amp/spk/cab/mic for ease of enjoyment. I was hoping that I could move at least one complete profile, transfer with Cab Maker and load in KPA. My main issue with selecting each part would be doing it correct in Cab Maker so that once I use my stick drive in KPA it works! Either way, if anyone has got this down that would be great...I hear the OH IRs are great.

Richie

Ownhammer are cabinet IR’s only. There is no “complete profile” to load in the Kemper. You use them to replace the cabinet in an existing studio profile or with a DI profile in the KPA.

It's all good guys. I'm very much open to constructive criticism. Good or bad...I don't get offended easily. I'm obviously a fan of Mark's amps as I have a Cameron Aldrich and CCV currently and also had an Atomica in the past. Great amps that are not easy to come by. But the beauty of the Kemper is that people who may have never played one now get to experience a taste of it...so I'm all for more Cameron profiles (free or commercial).

I did just retube my Aldrich with a matched set of Winged C's and NOS preamp tubes that I got from psychodave over on the Rig Talk forums. The amp sounds better now than ever and I plan on going back and making new profiles when I get a chance. Right now I'm working on a CCV pack that is sounding killer! It's gotten some pretty high praise from a few who have been testing them for me.

Here is a quick mix test I did using one of my CCV profiles mic'ed with dual 57's through a Bogner 4x12 with V30's. No post processing at all on the guitars.

Moderator Notice:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links.

If your amp is in the same room as your Kemper & CLR, you should turn the CLR off during the profiling process to minimize bleed into the mic. Best case scenario would be to isolate your amp/speaker cabinet in a separate room while profiling. If that's not possible you should wear headphones.

I'm torn between a & b. Both great, but if I had to make a Sophie's Choice I'd go with a.

Doesn't really matter though, your CCV profiles blow away pretty much everything else in my Kemper.

Thanks!!!

Wow, thanks man! Appreciate the compliment. Glad you're enjoying the profiles.

hi & thx for the new batch , got some love for the T1b, perfect for heavy riffs & PM on my jackson

Here is a short clip (no tweaks or post EQ , but a tad of chorus on the last bits)

Moderator Notice:

In most cases, Soundcloud uses a bandwidth of only 128 kbps. As a result, what you hear isn't free of artefacts, especially the high end. For critical listening and also product comparison, please keep that in mind. Users who setup a comparison should use linear wave files and supply dropbox links.

Sounds great. Thanks for the clip.