Posts by Webb

Are we talking about the same thing here?I assume the player took his amp and went into a TNL type of unit that housed IR...then put that into the Kemper to profile it.
    Is that really much different than amp into cab with a microphone? Based on the outcry here, I guess so?

I thought the original Author's name was baked into the info somewhere as well, unable to change.

No, more like he made a profile of his amp (either a DI or studio profile) and simply changed the cabinet to one from a commercial IR pack (Ownhammer and Celestion). Look at the cab info in Rig Manager. But whatever...if you guys are cool with sharing commercial profiles and IR's then so be it.

I would argue against this idea that using an IR in a profile is wrong. If it's being processed into a Kemper profile, how is that any more sacred than the amp itself? Too bad for future users, this was a real nice set.

Are you serious? You're not allowed to use commercial IR's in a profile and then post them online. I know you used to sell Kemper profiles. Would it be cool if I took one of your profiles, changed the name, and then shared it here? Think about it.

hey bro, I just saw this now, actually it’s really easy, all you do is copy and paste the profile and then replace the cabinet with one from Celestion that’s named in profile and A/B the profiles ( toggle back-and-forth ) and they are identical ... pretty simple

I did the same with the OH IR he used and they are definitely the same.

I think you're missing the point. The profiles sound good and I'm all for sharing, but including 3rd party commercial IR's (Ownhammer and Celestion) in profiles that are freely shared is not cool, IMO. I'm not here to debate the ethics of it but if I spent time creating and selling IR's, I wouldn't be too happy if someone is posting them online for free. That's all I'm saying.

Yes, my question also…Were these recorded originally as DI profiles?

I’m still wondering the same thing. I asked 6 months ago and never got a response. My thought is the OP doesn’t want to acknowledge it since the profiles are using 3rd party commercial IR’s.

Found these profiles from @Webb to be absolute beasts, omg.

Cameron Atomica 01 57/121
    Cameron CCV 01 57/121

You can find them from the Rig exchange by typing "Eleveneleven studios" in the search field.

Thanks! I have some other profiles that I posted on the forum via Dropbox, including other CCV profiles and a Wizard MTL. You can search my posts if you’re interested. The links should still be active. I got some really positive feedback on them.

Has anyone else noticed the extremely high number of Kempers hitting the auction sites.

There seems to be a very high turnover for the Kempers. I see way less of the other modelers on the used market. Honeymoon phase? The novelty dies?

Didn’t you hear? The Kemper 2 is coming out tomorrow.

:D;):thumbup:

Nice job on these. They sound good.

I don't think anyone has asked this yet, but are these studio profiles or are they DI profiles with 3rd party IR's? In Rig Manager it looks like a couple cabs are from the Celestion packs and one from Ownhammer. Did you mic a cab when capturing the profiles?

Goddamn that sounds killer WOW!. I haven't had a chance yet, so busy with my kids all day - everyday!
    I can't wait man, seriously! I want this pack :cursing::P

Wicked track too, if that's you playing... whoa, outstanding!!! =OX/

Gotta a web store? Great playing in the demo - diggin' what I'm hearing!

No web store at the moment but I'm considering it. I've put a lot of time into profiling so far and have a bunch of amps I'd like to get out there (Fortin, Cameron, Friedman, Wizard...) but I want to make sure they are of the highest quality.

Not my playing in the demo (I wish). I only reamped the guitars through the KPA and mixed it.

Quick mix test using a few of the Wizard profiles I captured today. Check it out.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Did you have a chance to try this profile? If so, let me know what you think.

Thanks for sharing and I like it a lot! It was a little bright for my tastes, but that's my only minor critique and clearly subjective. It's nice and tight and punchy. I'd be interested in hearing more profiles of this amp. Wizards are definitely the unicorns of the amp world. :)

Tight and punchy is a very good description for the actual amp. It has loads of useable gain but still retains note definition and clarity like nothing else.

In the studio today doing a little profiling of my Wizard MTL. Not many Wizard profiles out there so I wanted to share this one with you. The gain on the amp was set relatively low but I added the green scream stomp for a little boost. Please try it with and without the boost. Has a nice AC/DC style crunch with the boost off. And high gain bliss with it on.

The profiling chain is:
    Gibson Les Paul Standard with Aldrich pickups
    Wizard MTL Lead channel
    Bogner 4x12 cabinet with an X pattern of V30 and H30's
    Shure SM57 & Royer R121 mix on the V30
    BAE 1073 preamp
    Summed with UA Console out to KPA

I uploaded the profile to Rig Exchange but you can also download it here if you prefer. Thoughts/comments/constructive criticism would be appreciated. I notice many people download the profiles I share but rarely take the time to comment. Your feedback helps me improve and create better profiles so it's a win-win all around. Thanks in advance.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/00cw…2-10%2011-26-14.kipr?dl=0

Sounds like your connections are right but why are you selecting "no cabinet" when you are micing a cab? If you connect headphones, can you hear the amp when you select reference amp in profiling mode? Did you turn the return volume up in the profiling menu? Are you trying to capture a clean or distorted sound from your amp?

Also, a condenser mic will not work because the XLR return on the KPA does not have phantom power. The 57 should work fine.

The 2012 Mac Mini i7 quad is a workhorse for DAW use. Much more powerful than the more recent model, which is only dual core. I have a couple in my studio and they run Pro Tools and Logic without a hiccup.

I have an extra one loaded with a 256 SSD + 1 TB HDD and 16 GB of RAM if anyone is interested. Let me know.

Recently got a new amp in the stable from Canadian "boutique" amp build James Peters and decided to make a quick test profile. This is his discontinued Chimera model, which is a high gain, fire breathing, metal monster. This is my first stab at profiling this amp so please let me know how I can improve it.

Edit: delete

[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/pkuEuvy.jpg]