Posts by SliderJeff

Some very great news!
    We gonna profile some great amps around end of November:

MESA BOOGIE

• Quad Preamp w/ 295 power amp

2 Amps of them will be on the shop around Nov 24th!
    I hope you can endure it until then! :D

Herr Guido-meister!

Perhaps I'm blind and just completely missed it here in this thread or on your site, but did you ever end up profiling that Mesa Quad and 295 power amp? I'd LOVE to snag some profiles of that with your profiling genius behind them!

Danke schoen,

Jeffro

I use a Barefaced "Big Baby 2" as my FRFR cab, it has 12" driver and my 5-string bass sounds awesome. I very often have to cut the low's to stop my B-string from gettng carried away, it needs very a light touch.

That looks pretty killer. Do you ONLY play bass through it, or is it an FRFR that can handle guitar, as well? I know the specs say it can handle a nice broad spectrum, but I couldn't find any freqeuency response plots on the website. :(

At this point, the comment field could be used for something like that... but people generally aren't super disciplined as far as sticking info in there (or sometimes, ANYWHERE), so I'm not sure how much traction we would get with adding another/more field(s) to the RM. I'd love if it had it and it was all filled out, but if it comes down to people not wanting to upload stuff because it's too much of a hassle to fill out all the required info, it would probably be a detriment to RE/RM. Just my two pesos/drachmas/yen. ;)

Jeffro

My Drummer John Taylor gave me this blues performance. All Kemper except the Korg Keyboard.
    Check out the Scott Henderson Rig from Bernie Fernandez. My Telecaster found a happy home.
    Thank you Bernie. :thumbup:

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Mud,

I think I must be misunderstanding your comment above about checking out the Scott Henderson rig. Did you mean that I should be able to find this on RE? I don't see any user with that name and a search for "Henderson" in RM gets 0 hits. Am I just clueless or did you mean something else?

Thanks!

FWIW,

I'm also running the latest stable releases of both RM and the Profiler OS on my unpowered rack model and got the "DSP Error" box to pop up while I was just scrolling through presets on my unit. It WAS plugged in with the USB cable to my Macbook and was powered through my Furman power conditioned plugged into the wall outlet. Eventually it reestablished comms and I was able to continue scrolling and noodling around. I didn't have time to debug it further and I haven't touched it since. I'll be sure to keep an eye on things the next time I get time to sit down and play.

I use my Ampig profiles through a Mission 2x12 FRFR and it is bliss....Just turn the empower option down a bit and you're perfect...Better than most bass rigs...

Matt,

I'm assuming this is for a 4-string bass only, right? The freq response for those cabs is only down to 80 Hz, so you'd be missing most of the B string and it's first harmonic on a 5 string bass.

I think 12" are a bit small for bass sounds. I'm using 2 Yamaha DXR15 FRFR and i'm really satisfied with guitar and
    bass profiles.

Again, the low B of a 5-string is outside of the spec for this particular speaker. The OP needs something that will handle down to the 30 Hz range or so.

That's what I use and they sound excellent. Really makes the bass sound good with the right profile. Also sounds great with acoustic. I've been using an Avalon profile from Rig Exchange that sounds nice.

Are you running it with a 5 string bass? The low B in standard tuning is around 31 Hz-32 Hz... so it's below the advertised frequency of the spec sheet for this product (42 Hz). I'd imagine it would be fine for a standard tuned 4-string, though.

Cool beans! I was never much of a FNM fan, but the album title reminded me of yet another more obscure band I had the privilege of seeing at ProgPower 2 in Atlanta, Angel Dust. Melodic power metal.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

And this one has an almost Savatage-like vibe to it.

Oh yeah, and THEY'RE GERMAN! :)

@Gear Jocke, not sure what your musical tastes are but here is one of my favorite Kings X songs from my favorite Kings X album, Dogman...

Dude! I seriously just listened to this CD for the first time in AGES after I got on a King's X kick with the Dug Pinnick reference above. I still prefer the earlier material with Ty's Lab Series amp and Strat, harmonies, and production, but he did get a pretty good pre-Racktifier Mesa tone here on "Dogman".

For those that dig King's X, if you sometimes wish they would go a little harder towards the metal side, do yourself a favor and check out their buddies, also from the Houston area here, The Galactic Cowboys. They had at least one MTV hit that made it onto Headbanger's Ball fairly often, "If I Were A Killer":

And a newer one, "Internal Masquerade":

Also in a similar vein and from Houston, Atomic Opera. If you are a baseball fan, their song "Justice" was the one used every time David Justice came up to bat back when he was playing.

Enjoy!