Posts by GearJocke

BERNARDIJ EMGHZH4 pickups are not known for being the best pickups. Like some of Ibanez less better pickups, even on some of their more expensive models, eg. v7 and v8. They're made by Dimarzio anyway. The EMG 's are the same, less good and cheaper pickups. Swap them out for something better. If you can't find a profile you really like that means it's not the kemper or profile that's wrong with. I bought two used Dimarzio Crunch Lab. I installed one in my Ibanez and whooo what a great sound! I installed one in my Schecter and...yuck! I will put back the pickup I had in it before. But you got to try and see if you like something better or not. My point is a pickup can sound killer in one guitar and in the next not. Do you like the sound of your guitar unplugged? If you do you're fine but if not, it doesn't matter what pickup you install. You will never like the sound. I know. Been there, done that.

One of the most important factor as a guitarist and mixing is to stop thinking like a guitarist. I know it's not easy at first. But we guitarists love to hear the guitar(s) loud. Always have reference tracks and compare both mixing wise and how to set individual levels to all tracks.

... and Vinnie Moore is one of my all-time faves.. especially the first 2 solo albums.

I listened to those two so much when they came and occasionally nowadays. The first time I heard Vinnie was from Guitar Player and inside you got a very thin very soft black vinyl you had to rip out from the magazine. It had Daydream on one side and a jazz song on the other side.

Classic 80's metal and still a very good album

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Using an OD as a clean booster it doesn't matter that much which one you use. All ODs can be used to tighten up the amp. So there's no magic with the Precision Drive.

I agree when the topic was discussed in a another thread where we seemed to agree there and someone wrote "Polytune is a great idea, in theory. But it doesn't work." I had a polytune but when kemper updated the tuner I sold the pedal and don't miss it.

We can thank the gods for tons of gain where one can bury crap playing, especially solos. :D And you're right, lower gain, or even clean. will improve technique.

I used a Digitech GNX 4. Very old.

I guess I’ll just keep practising with the Kemper and see if I get used to it.

Well no wonder why. It took me a little shorter while to polish away my sloppy playing so will you too. As cjgomez said the kemper is less forgiving. Just like a real hw amp is.

What old floorboard did you use? A Boss floorboard? Anway there's no difference playing legato on a real hardware amp and a kemper. I used to use amp sims in the computer and when I bought a kemper I realised how sloppy I had become playing guitar. Simply because, at least then, amp sims masked a lot. Maybe that was the case with your old floorboard?

You can also use the main outs with monitors or two FRFRs, and the monitor out with a cab, which is like having FOH plus the cab. And obviously two Kempers with a cab each, using the same profile and two different cabs, or even two profiles, dual amping. If money is no problem.... And the neighbours won't complain...And the wife won't either...:) But we are asking too much from our Kemper, however versatile It may be...

Sure but robbon is talking about inside the kemper and not using monitors or two FRFR. You're still stuck with one profile and one cab and not one amp and two cabs as he wish for. :)