Posts by GearJocke

You can also use the main outs with monitors or two FRFRs, and the monitor out with a cab, which is like having FOH plus the cab. And obviously two Kempers with a cab each, using the same profile and two different cabs, or even two profiles, dual amping. If money is no problem.... And the neighbours won't complain...And the wife won't either...:) But we are asking too much from our Kemper, however versatile It may be...

Sure but robbon is talking about inside the kemper and not using monitors or two FRFR. You're still stuck with one profile and one cab and not one amp and two cabs as he wish for. :)

It’s actually called Dimension chorus and I really think it might be the best chorus plugin I’ve found.

Fired up kemper and the chorus in cubase and yes it is at least one of the best chorus plugins. Period. Perfect to blend in and fatten up a solo or clean sound. Anyone who hasn't downloaded yet and uses DAW, get it now.

just a head's up, Wampler has a few free plugins taken from their Terraform pedal. One is a really good chorus. There's a vibe which is ok and an envelope follower that's exceptional.

Soundtoys Microshift and Little Microshift do a pretty good Dim C and a great DMX width that I use a lot.

Thanks for the Wampler plugins information. Installed and played with them. Can work good on other things than guitars too.

Fizziness is rare in clean profiles. You may have a problem in the interface. There are profiles out there with fizz and phase issues, but there are lots that sound great. If most sound bad to you .. I thought you had already listened to the Kemper directly, but now I think It may be a DAW issue or something.

I had a tc electronics konnekt 6 interface when I bought my kemper. No matter what, all profiles sounded too bright and fizzy. I wanted to use spdif for reamping so I sold that interface and bought another interface and no more too bright and fizzy sound. Well some fizz with some profiles. But hey, listen to raw guitar tracks made by well known producers/engineers. It's not uncommon with fizz or some whistling sounds that needs to be carved out. And some of them can sound less good on it own . And still, when all instruments in the mix is finished , the guitars sounds great. You can hear ppl sometimes complain that their vst drum plugin doesn't sound good enough. They don't know what they are talking about. The problem with drum plugins is not that they sound bad. On the contrary, they sound too good compared to how most real raw drums sounds like. But great mixed, and mostly today, at least in the metal genre, together with drum samples, the drums sounds amazing.

That is not correct, mate.

Plugin Alliance has some that are bit-for-bit identical to the UAD equivalents.

Monkeyman he's talking about UADs own plugins and not third party plugins. But you're right about third party plugins like PA. And another truth is that you can use more instances of any of those plugins than on a UAD card. So I don't understand why someone would pay for any third party plugin for their cards. And you have to pay them same amount of money. UAD make all their plugins so cpu hungry becuase they want you to buy another card. And it's already been proven that you can't use as many instances of any plugin as UAD claim. No wonder I sold my card years ago.

Well good for you. Me myself is not very keen of Lasses tones. But everyone has different taste. But I like profiles without OD too and use my own and sometimes swap a cab can make the difference.

I'm not sure what the heck took me so long, but here I am. =] Nice to cyber-meet ya'll.

I'm not sure either why the heck it took me so long time before I joined the forum. It's never too late and you won't regret it. The best and nicest forum on the net and where there's no such thing as dumb questions. And kemper has the best support team if you ever need it. What could be better? So welcome here. :)

looks like the ISP Theta Pro has a 4 voice chorus.

Reading more about the Dimension D, part of it's sound is apparently due to:

-Trapezoidal LFO shapes chorus tone which further adds psychoacoustic effects

-Built-in compressor expander

Dimension D is a chorus that don't sound like a typical chorus.

Maybe not for you or me but for some it will an eye opener. :)

....not so much as us guitarists like to believe. I wrote that in a post yesterday or so. Cabs matter more. Maybe more commercial profilers should give us more cab options rather than more amps and also stop believe in the amp myth. :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That's the order I'll normally go as well, however when I'm auditioning profiles I tend to look for one that has the tone I'm looking for and then adjust the gain (yes, even up, I know, sacrilege! ). My main go to rig at the moment is a profile I've pushed the gain up quite a bit. Whatever sounds good is good

It's better to turn up the dist sens that the gain knob.

at best, put a chorus on your post-amp effects. I'd like to see a good Dimension D added too.

I have a Line 6 MM4 that does a pretty good Dimension D. Your other options are Boss DC-2W Waza Craft Dimension C, Strymon Mobius. As far as plugins go, UA has a Dimension D that's supposed to sound really good, ValhallaUberMod sounds really good. Klark Teknik just unveiled a rack recreation of the original hardware.

I could do a blind comparison of all the ones I have access to if anyone's interested: Kemper's best imitation vs Line 6 MM4 vs UberMod

UA used to have a Dimension D. It's not available anymore. I guess they licensed it for a certain years only. The only one's that can still use it is those that still use old UA internal cards. I used to have one such card and it's one of few plugins I miss.

Yes I agree with what a well known producer said, that 80-85% of the tone is the cab. Amps don't matter as much as most of us guitarists like to believe. The cab and how it was miced matter more. If a profile is good I sometimes try another cab and see if it suits me better. But the profile(s)need to be done very good. Otherwise it won't help swaping cab. It still will be a mediocre profile.