Posts by GearJocke

I found a treasure for myself in One Ok Rock. I was lucky enough to see OOR on their European tour in Berlin.
    I don't know any other band that rocks out on stage with so much passion.

Here is one of their anthems

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I thought pop-metal had died out. But I guess some things are hard to kill. :D

Huh, I'm not looking forward they day I must get a new one. I dread that day. I use a SPL Crimson and does everything I need. SPDIF, to monitors and killer headphone speakers. I purchaded it second hand. I had enough of Focusrite and their drivers. Even worse with M-Audio in the past. Their drivers were a nightmare. X( I don't know where in the world you are living but if Thomann is an option you can allways return if you don't like something. Maybe take a look at Audient. Never heard any bad comment of their interfaces. https://www.thomann.de/se/audient_id24.htm

or maybe a Black Lion?

Black Lion Audio Revolution 2x2
    USB2.0 Audio Interface High-quality, two-channel recording solution with combined microphone and instrument inputs, Balanced signal path and high quality…
    www.thomann.de

I do believe this is the sound of hitting a low action guitar way too hard. He needs to increase the action a bit if he wants to hit that hard.

Something so many guitarists can't understand. ^^Why can't I have lower action and hit hard? Um, becase it's an impossible equation?:rolleyes:

after all these years Kemper still delivery,i liked other devices like Fractal,QC,Tonex,Helix or plugins like NAM,S-Gear,Neural DSP,Amplitube,ML Labs,Helix Native but what i dont like about some people is they always try to bash the Kemper on the Fractal forum or QC ,all those devices and plugins in good hands can make awesome tone.

Let them rant about the kemper. Who cares? Life is too short to bother what others think. Here kemper users are more broadminded and smarter too. ;)

You might check out Live Ready Sound profiles. They seem pretty bright to me but I have not used them live so cant speak to that.

Just because profiles are pretty bright doesn’t mean they are mix ready. That’s not how mixing work. A mix is a compromise of sounds and they all effect each other. Change something and it will effect everything else.

I don't remember who it was but it was a well known metal producer/mix engineer said something like this: producers talk about recording guitars and without have to use EQ but end up using a lot of EQ to get the guitar sound the mix need. If you ever get your hands on commercial multitracks you will instantly hear that that guitars need some tweaks to get it right.

Honestly.......I think if you listen hard enough to any high gain sound you can find artifacts and issues, particularly if you isolate the guitar sound.

True.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I'm a little disappointed to learn that Kemper provides the model. I originally thought the "model" would be created when a user profiles the amp and would be baked in to the new profile. That's the merger I would like.

Being dissapointed before something is released? Really? Wait until you've tried it first.

I've also had some not so great more recent Planet Waves experience (failing, mostly), so I suspect they've knocked the quality back for profit over the years.

The is the problem. One brand can been fantastic in the past but now? You never know when the quality will decrease. I got one dimarzio cable for free when I purchased a Ibanez second hand from a guy. The cable didn't last very long either. I've never had any luck with cables. 1-1/2 year is my experience.