Posts by JHERCULEES1

It seems modelers are always updating algorithms to get closer and closer to the amp they're trying to emulate. The KPA creates a copy of the amp (more or less) although at one setting.
    You're pretty much there. The only thing I could see getting updated is a way to take one profile and it sounds authentic for all gain levels. (If you take a clean or slightly over driven profile then increase the Gain knob, it sounds fake the more it increases). This is why I'd rather take a higher gain profile and reduce the gain (using either the Gain knob or reducing guitar volume). It sounds more natural to me.

I just hope no matter what its backwards compatible with existing profiles , Every other company has failed me on this and its pretty disappointing to create a tone on an older unit and be told oh the new one is better , but you cant keep that tone you saved , you have to start over ! Ugh

So PLEASEEEE kemper if you do upgrade hardware have pity on us and let us use our existing profiles also !!!

While there have been three Axe Fx II units the XL+ is a slightly modified unit as some of the parts that were used on the XL were no longer available. There is no change in sound. The XL has additional storage over the II but again, as I understand it, there is no change in the sound. All three are still fully supported. Your argument makes about as much sense as saying that because Kemper released a rack version they have abandoned those who purchased the toaster and that we can expect them to soon release a Kemepr 2. And while you might find an Axe user who has updated to get more space I don't think that any would say that the newer ones sound better because they are bigger. New firmwares now are a different story and a weakness but to their credit they are working on making it sound better and the effects to me are superior in terms of usability and versatility. Love both units though.
    Sorry for the number of edits but I have to keep saving and editing to get this to work with my phone.

thats true , but look at axe 1 to axe 2 transistion ,
    were those presets from axe 1 able to be loaded into axe 2 with same sound?

thats what worries me ! each generation makes the one before obsolete including the presets you created !.
    axe failed at this , line 6 did , digitech , zoom , all of them have failed , each time they release new generation the old sounds you have created as patches are trhown away and you have to start over !

I hate that !

I for one hope they don't make a kemper 2 for a long long time , it makes everyone scramble to get the newer one and BAM! all the sudden the kemper 1 isn't good enough anymore .
    and well we wish they would just take kemper 1 and add features and keep profiling the same and make a kemper 2
    who knows if its possible.

If you look at other companies like axe fx and line 6 they wished the same thing and they couldnt do it , they changed the models , the sound was totally different , none of the presets from the old one were compatable . Who needs kemper 2 if you couldnt import profiles from kemper 1?
    axe fx did the same thing all the sudden none of the patches were any good from axe 1 , they couldnt import to axe 2!

If the kemper did that all of the profiles we have wouldn't be compatible with the newer unit , and you would have to start from scratch !!!

All of the sudden with these companies the one before isn't as accurate as they claimed . maybe kemper got it right the first time , so they wouldn't have to keep making new hardware

I'm thankful kemper is different than the other modeling guys and doesn't force users to start from scratch; on new hardware that sounds different; all the time

if they could make a kemper 2 lets hope they are different than all the other modeler guys and can make it compatable with the profiles we have now. Every other company has failed to do that ! over and over again
    (look at line 6 , nothing was compatable from pod2 to pod xt or pod hd)
    but no company has been able to do that yet !

<p>

<br />
    No the first units were available end 2011 beginning 2012. There hasn't been any hint for a Kemper 2 nor any need for it.

</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

I for one hope they don't make a kemper 2 for a long long time , it makes everyone scramble to get the newer one and BAM! all the sudden the kemper 1 isn't good enough anymore . Like people will say Kemper 1 is the best until kemper 2 comes along then all of the sudden , the newer one is better more accurate etc , just like what happened to axe fx 1 when 2 came out . Look at line 6 , the pod was great and was the best until bam! pod 2 then pod xt , and now pod hd , each generation sounded different , different models ETC. , and you couldn't import any of your patches you saved from one to the next! same with axe people had to throw away their presets and start over after all that work !! when axe 2 came out

If the kemper did that all of the profiles we have wouldn't be compatible with the newer unit , and you would have to start from scratch !!!

All of the sudden with these companies the one before isn't as accurate as they claimed . maybe kemper got it right the first time , so they wouldn't have to keep making new hardware

I'm thankful kemper is different than the other modeling guys and doesn't force users to start from scratch; on new hardware that sounds different; all the time

[quote='GOlson','http://www.kemper-amps.com/forum/index.php/Thread/16363-Post-your-Kemper-Rig-Pictures-Please/?postID=196893#post196893']Cool to see all these rig pics! Here's my KPA studio/live rig...

[Blocked Image: http://www.gordolson.com/IMG_3786_sml.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://www.gordolson.com/IMG_3787_sml.jpg]

[Blocked Image: http://www.gordolson.com/IMG_3789_sml.jpg][/q

uote]

hey how did you mount it in the rack like that is it bolted in somehow? , Ive been thinking about mounting mine in a rack just havent figured out how to secure it in there yet , I like your setup

Im not surprised , this is something that seems to be a problem for all direct guitar solutions , modelers and the kemper , struggle to get a good tone on stage using monitors .

I used the pod for years this way having to run it through a regular tube head power section and guitar cab and then the tried the axe fx had same issues monitor sound sucked
    , the monitors sound like sheet for guitars thin and whimpy . , the kemper might work great out front , but hard to play and feel inspired unless the guitarist hears a great sound back at him on stage , so its not something to do with the kemper .

I went back to using real tube amps live, and since i l play only small venues it works , if i ever do large ones , ill use the kemper fed directly to front and the monitor out of kemper (cab off ) to a tube power head and guitar cab (2x12 so i dont have lug 412 ) seems redundant but works !

otherwise i seem to struggle with eq for hours trying to get a decent tone on stage using monitors etc

the amp i use is not a precious marshall or mesa its more of a workhorse with a great tone so i dont mind beating it up traveling around , an ampeg vl1002

just my 2 cents

I currently use the wah high pass near the end of my chain , but it doesnt display what frequency the filter is set to , i find i need to roll off the low end on the majority of profiles theres way too much and they overtake the bass guitar . Id love to see a high pass and lo pass in the kemper that let you set a specific frequency

the wah hi pass is ok , but it doesnt tell me what freq its at ,

actually my experience is quite the opposite , when i have profiled my own amps , if i leave ts on when i profile it sounds wrong when the profile is completed , too harsh and definiton maxed out , but if i profile the amp without the ts , then add a real ts in front of kemper it seems to respond like the real deal to me

Just because the definition is on ten doesn't mean that there's anything "wrong" with the profile. I'm guessing the definition is some sort of representation of numerous parameters inside the kemper that you can adjust the individual relationships between with that knob. I don't think it has anything to do with a tube screamer, or any profiling deficiency.

my worry is that any parameter maxed after profiling means it reached its limit and cant go any further , so it could mean its not accurate because it needed to go to 11 or 12 , but 10 is the limit . and why bake a tube screamer into the profile when CK has them added in the stomp section , just turn them on after making the profile of the amp only , should be the same .

i think once the ts or a distortion box is baked in the definition parameter is skewed and youre not able to adjust the amp definition anymore because the profile has a stomp box permanently baked in

what i notice is that listening to isolated guitar tracks that the room really brings a dull tone to life and helps it cut thru the mix and fit in the mix
    , and when i try to tone match those tones the treble gets cranked up and they sound harsh , its a strange thing ,
    Like the highs are rounded off somehow by the room .
    I cant seem to dial that in with the kemper but I love that tone with a little room

the thing is alot of packs seem to have only 10 or so profiles , and i own my own tube screamer so id prefer to use my own tube screamer and have more mic mic positions the profiles with ts and distortion boxes in them i end up tossing them im only left with a few . Maybe you guys would consider letting guys choose an option for each amp , say 15 profiles with amp only at various settings and mic positons or 7 with boosters and 8 without
    that way us guys who dont want booster profiles can use our own boost pedals and just get pure amp

Ok I might get flamed for asking for this from commercial profiles , but i buy quite a few , and there seems to be a tendency to profile with distortion boxes and tube screamers on to make the amp tighter. the kemper can simulate drive pedals especially the tube screamer, and CK has stated the kemper cant profile the Tube screamer correctly anyways , so Id like to ask for more with the drive pedals off and just list what you used in the description.
    Not sure why so many profiles are made this way . Also it impossible to ever turn the drive pedal off when profiles are made this way

I don't mind spending 50-100 bucks to get a specific drive pedal if i really want that tone and the kemper doesnt offer a drive pedal similar to it , but i also dont think the profiles come out right when the drive pedal is profiled in front of the amp

thanks

Tastes differ - and so do people's pickups :) I bet that if you tried your guitar into the real amps, with those exact settings, that mic, that room, that placement etc, then you'd find that tone harsh, yes :)

true but why does it max out ? is that because people are profiling with a tube screamer turned on , and ck says specifically kemper doesnt profile tube screamer but i have purchased profiles that even bake the tube screamer in and i wish they wouldnt , its easy to add it later

Don't quote me on this but IIRC he only stated that it's difficult for the profiler to capture preamp and poweramp distortion at the same time.
    If it was only about preamp distortion e.g. AC 30’s could not be profiled sarifactorily.

i remember reading in the kemper manual that it captures the tone well , but only if there is only one stage significantly distorting,
    i allways was curious about what that meant . does that mean one tube ? or only preamp or poweramp ?

intresting you say that it would never work in a studio but when i listen to isolated guitar tracks from REAL albums , there is a ton of room sound and it helps focus the guitar sound and make it less harsh but still have highs , example from rolling stones ....

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(though not my fav bad)

Its an intresting sound almost as if when you pick hard the amp gets louder and the room reflections get more aggresive , so its a dynamic thing and the human ear recognizes it as getting louder and softer, sort of like a recording of a man screaming in a room , when you yell the room reflections kick in and you can clearly tell hes yelling , even though the volume on the recordin gdoesn tgo up much because of compression , the room gives it away