Posts by drumdrum

Dont want to create a new thread if I dont have to, but is there any updates as to the availability of these Matrix amps?

Since Kemper did a backflip and decided that we cant send in our KPAs to get upgraded anymore, Im looking for an alternative option...

Thanks

A quick one here...

I got the Keith Merrow rig pack when it was released, and...well....IMHO its unbelievably good! It has the perfect kind of tones that I want / use with my music. A little tweak here, and little change there, and the rigs are perfect and sound immense!!

So as to give me more options and flavour, are there any other rig packs or rigs available either on the rig exchange or elsewhere that can match the awesomeness of the Merrow tones?

Any one have any recommendations?

Many thanks!
    -DD

So no news on this yet? If we have until the end of the year to avail of the rebate (as per the press release), it doesn't seem to offer us he full extent of the time if we dont have and idea on when we can avail of it...

Ie, it would be fairly underhand if this were to only be available come November / December ... (unlikely, but just using this as an example)

Maybe thats the reason why they removed the LEDs from the EQ knobs on the rack version....

its part of the reason I keep it Lunchboxed! The LEDs look soooo much cooler....its definitely a pleaser for my inner-geek....its like a spaceship! :thumbup:

Hi,

I think I remember reading on here about a user that managed to record his mono amp profile out AND his DI guitar over the one SPDIF output.

I usually record via SPDIF ok, and up until now, I have been taking the through signal from the back of the KPA and putting that into my soundcard directly.
    Of course this uses up another cable unnecessarily, and not to mention the extra ADDA converting that is ongoing with the DI signal (not that it makes a huge difference).

So, how do you set up the Kemper to output the Mono amp sound on one of the SPDIF channels, and the DI guitar signal on the other SPDIF channel?

Or can this simply not be done?

Thanks

Hi,

I just want to make sure I haven't missed anything, but what is the USB2-B port on the KPA for?

Is it for a feature that is in development?

I just saw it the other day when putting in my USB stick to take a backup and it got me thinking...

Thanks!
    :)

Hi,

Has there been any update on the availability of the poweramp versions of the lunchboxes along with the rebate program for screwed over "early adopters"?

Still a bit cheesed that I cant just send mine back to be retro fitted, and that I now need to try to sell my existing KPA first before getting the poweramp version. More of a hassle in the long run and its getting even harder and harder to try to get people to part with the levels of cash that I would want for mine (at least e1250 considering I pad e1550).
    People just want to trade for other gear mostly these days... very hard to get the cash...

I use a Steinberg MR816X which sounds amazing. The internet loves these things too.....seriously google them, and be pleasantly surprised :)

There is also a USB version if Firewire aint available.

But to be absolutely sure that you are getting the purest signal from your Kemper (if going direct and for FRFR) you have to go in to your interface via SPDIF. Digital 1s and 0s, and hence no signal loss with conversion, interference, etc etc...
    Also the best thing about it, is that digital transcends price tags....a digital IO in a €100 soundcard will sound the exact same as the digital IO on a €3000 interface. Just digital 1s and 0s after all......
    But if you want to use the mic pre amps and converters for your monitors, then the differences can be heard...

BTW, Focusrite are grand devices (mostly), I have frequent access / use a LS56 very often and its a lovely piece of kit. Bit big for my home rack though for my needs (2U rack space)

+1 for a looper!

I think they are great fo practicing solos and generally making yourself a better guitarist! :thumbup:

Hi,

Up until recently, I currently record with my KPA using the RCA spdif connectors on the back into my soundcard. Grand, sorted!

:thumbup:

However, my soundcard had to go back for a service due to some faulty internal connector with one of the headphone jacks.

Sooooo.... Long story short, looks like I may be getting a new interface. The company (Steinberg) have a new iteration of their soundcard that I may look to get....however, although it does have spdif connectors, they are the toslink kind and not the RCA kind.

Is there a way to connect my Kemper spdif RCA to the Toslink RCA inputs on my potential new soundcard without either:

A - losing ANY sound quality, and
    B - Not costing a arm and a leg to do so? Ideally, Id like a cheap-and-cheerful solution for this.

Does anyone else connect their KPA up this way?

Many thanks!

-DD