Posts by jamesnorth

Great stuff!
    enjoyed that.. and pretty awsome recording with a Iphone..(the video not audio)

Cheers Andy!

Yeah the old iPhone can pull out a decent video if you have a little tripod or something...

Did a fair bit of colour correction in the video editing side ... it's pretty saturated when it comes off the phone natively but it's not bad huh?

James, excellent - what profiles did you use?
    :)
    Neil

Thanks Neil!
    Couldn't tell you exactly but they were all Andy's stuff from The Ampfactory. Ampeg on bass, Vibroking on the bluesy guitar ... Vox AC 30 on the rock Tele and I think the JCM 800 and one of his Mesa ones on the later rock stuff.

It's the real deal!

+ 1337

(OT Noob Question: I'll be recording some stuff for an EP next week. The project is in 48 kHz - can I record the KPA in 44,1 kHz and upsample or should I go the analog way to record in 48 kHz?)

You won't be able to record at 48, so you'd have to downsample your project, record at 44.1 and then upsample the guitar sounds to 48 ... definitely best to do it all in analog.

cool vibe
    err, gotta ask, whats wrong with those drums? - Im guessing they are real miced drums, as its got ambience's to them that software cant capture..?
    drumming is fine. and if they are acoustic drums then you did good job in capturing the sound.

If they are Electric drums/Software, then ive been totally fooled.
    Let me know... :)

Hey and44,

Cheers for the great profiles! I'll be grabbing the other two packs once I've worked out how to keep the total number of rigs down...

Yeah, real deal drums - it's a Brady fibreglass kit ... I think it was a Yamaha steel snare on that one. I am an ok player, but am pretty limited with my chops ... I probably used a touch of room verb on the drumbus?

Once I get the new ones to a good standard I'll make them available if you're interested. It'll showcase how they sound in a pro studio I guess? (Which is fantastic!)

Thanks again,

I know a few producers who record at 44.1 but 48khz is still a very common pro studio standard so as to enable compatibility across multiple pieces of hardware. It's obviously just left over from the DAT connection standard, but most converters use it as a default clock.

For me, it'd mean I'd be able to permanently connect the Kemper to the SPDIF inputs on my card's input channels and skip one step of the conversion process.

THIS WOULD BE AWESOME. :)

Hi Guys,

Got a rare bit of alone time in the studio today and I jammed with myself (drums/bass/guitars) with the Kemper tones!

They're directly in from the main (analog) out, and are all minor tweaks to "and44" amps from his website. Bass is the Ampeg, rhythm is the Toneking, lead is the Vibroking.

I'll do a few better ones later on with a session drummer and cover a few more genres ... my drumming is a tad limited.

http://soundcloud.com/jamesnorthproductions/kemper-groove

Yeah I can see it might happen to other values too if it's a similar issue ..

I've just installed 1.5.1 and many of the menus are basically unusable because the "Gain" value keeps popping up and dominating the bottom line of the display with its value.

It's actually becoming pretty annoying.

Hi Guys,

Just wondering whether anyone else on OS 1.5.0 has noticed very slight creeps up and down in the "Gain" value while playing? It seems to happen randomly and also the "Gain" volume indicator sometimes appears when I'm browsing through profiles or something, to tell me that it's gone up or down slightly.

Or is it just mine? :)

Running 1.5 public beta at the moment ...

Love the Kemper - I'm a pretty new owner and will be using it daily in my studio.

One feature I'd like to see is the ability for the SPDIF output to act as a slave (so that an interface can determine the sample rate). Alternatively if the device has to be the master, perhaps in the output setup you can choose between 48 and 44.1KHz.

My studio operates at 48KHz and the Kemper can't really digitally interact with it at the moment...

Cheers! :thumbup: