Posts by Labrat

What kind of cabs/speakers are recommended for the amp?

And please excuse my ignorance for tech issues in relation with amps, but what is the difference between an off the shelf pa amp (2x200W) from like i.e. KONRAD the great retail god in Germany :rolleyes:
    Don't get me wrong. I need more from "Mr. Hartmut Hardsale of HOT" on this topic. Our band uses such amp in the practice room running the PA with a 24 channel analog mixer board. And I plug in my Kemper in and the sound is great, phantastique and so on :thumbup:!
    Maybe I'm not the right customer for your product and should get a set of FRFRs or stick with my one channel Laney monitor for my home use. I like the idea of integration, but a turn down is the extra weight for lugging the Kemper around.

So, if you like make me drool over the camplifier and have me ask my wife for a special christmas gift 8o

Thanx in advance for the effort.

Labrat

PS: I've got a black face KPA (warmer sound, more soul and blues)

This forum is very relaxed (well, not always... :D ) and a great source of information around the Kemper.
    A forum like this gives new apprentices a good start into the topic!

Thank y'all again posting your suggestions, findings, tricks and advice!
    Labrat

USB Memory is not without flaws. I had units ( 512Mb) that went bad after about 2 to 3 month. Recently I had 2 pieces of Sony 4 Gb USB gone bad after 2 years So, those things happen also to brand names. My advice: Invest a couple of dollars in a bunch of smaller ones with 1 Gb. Every time you have an important backup, make a extra backup on a second unit. Redundancy is the key here.
    The problem can also be a messed up USB connector on the Kemper or the PC, which shortens the memory. In order to protect the Kemper I use an USB extension cable to limit the mechanical connections with the back plane USB connector. If USB cable goes mechanicaly bad - who cares, but the Kemper backplane connector.... :cursing:
    One can really fall for paranoia but I employ two 2.5in hard drives were I put my PC backup - one for the daily (incremental) and one for every week a full backup (not zipped) and the directory carries the date. Once it is full, FIFO principle is used (first in, first out). After a year the drives will be replaced by a fresh one.
    Folks, I've been there in why_is_nothing_on_this _f...._disk in nowhereland. Had that, did not wanted it and it will never happen again to me :thumbup:

I envision hooking up my Kemper into the studio/office/home network, do backup and file management with a NAS server or in the cloud (for those of us on the road [USB wireless hooked up with the network/cloud]).

labrat

rope ladder to the moon or stairway to heaven? ?(

Now this might raise hell but I did not care. When I asked for a KPA, the let me test the white one. Returned 2 days later (it was a Monday as I recall..) and demanded a unit. I've got the last KPA boxed of the shipment. At home, I unpacked a black one. Now, after 2 weeks jamming at home and band room, I believe my black one sounds a bit warmer, more full, creamier and even the stereo is wider!
    You know what I'm talking about? :D

After trying different drivers I gave up and seeked support from my dealer where I've picked up the cheapo USB Midi device.
    The first thing I've learned that I've messed up the cable connection. Midi out goes into midi in and midi in goes to out :cursing: @#*§%
    Finally I've got some blinkenlights on that midi thingy.
    But still no connection with the FCB1010. The 79€ Neusonik worked then immediately (This one got also a connector for iPhone/iPad).

Man, I'm so happy that this was no Windows or Lenovo bug :evil:

rm12 / @docline6forum: Kop Khun Kap!

The current release reads 1.5.1 public beta. So its not master beta or premature alpha or whatever. IMHO it is just an internal book keeping number for a release that works stable within a 4 hour band rehearsal context without reboots or other signs of premature behavior. And gentlemen, I've spend quite some substantial time within software development and I worked on, demoed and sold software releases that were definitely not ready. KPA works much better than some real OS releases originating from the North Western coast of US.
    I consider myself not a guinea pig I'm just a user. Coming from noise ridden analog rig I really appreciate the pure sound(s) of the KPA... 8o

Labrat

Thank y'all for the nice welcome.
    @ zappledan: sorry, a quick search did not reveal any clues, I've turned the "gender mode" off anyway, who knows what I've triggered while trying to address the crowd - properly :whistling:.
    I don't want to get things started that I 'm not willing to handle... :D

Labrat

Well, I went from gung ho to totally frustrated in relation to midi. Got the KPA, a FCB1010, the Uno Chip is on the way, bought the lg-FCB editor.
    I can't even get the usb midi interface with the FCB working. I run a Lenovo T61 with Windows7.
    Is this a windows 7 problem? Is anybody experiencing the same problem?
    What USB MIDI interface is recommended since the 19€ Justin USB Midi between the my laptop and the FCB is given me connection error.
    Any advice?

Labrat

Ladies & Gentlemen (any ladies around here?),

a friend introduced me to the KPA. I was running a 40 year old Hiwatt Custom 100 on a 4x12 with a selection of stomp boxes. I wanted to simplify my rigg and was forced to protect the ears of my fellow band members. The option was a 4 channel Marshall combo for simple sound setup or the KPA. I went for the KPA. Now I've got one and I'm pretty amazed about the options available. Just touched the surface of the unit and my band is already quite happy with the standard sounds from the KPA via the mixer board. Got a LP with burst buckers, a Brian May and a acoustic. I play rock and blues and love old school progressive rock (YES, old Genesis and so on)

Next step is the FCB1010 setup.

Current gear: KPA, kind of obsolete > Hiwatt C 100, Solton BG 100 (Vintage Bass full tube), Dynacord MV 46 (Vintage full tube), several cabs (4x12, 2x12, 1x12), nice collection of stomp boxes (tretminen ;)
    All tube amps will be profiled and sold...

Thank you in advance for your support.

Labrat from Munich