How "beta" is the KPA?

• The current release reads 1.6.1 public beta. So its not master beta or premature alpha or whatever. IMHO it is just an internal book keeping number for a release that works stable within a 4 hour band rehearsal context without reboots or other signs of premature behavior. And gentlemen, I've spend quite some substantial time within software development and I worked on, demoed and sold software releases that were definitely not ready. KPA works much better than some real OS releases originating from the North Western coast of US.
    I consider myself not a guinea pig I'm just a user. Coming from noise ridden analog rig I really appreciate the pure sound(s) of the KPA... 8o

Labrat

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Just posted this in another thread, but I feel it applies to this thread topic also:

from a QA point of view, a fix that has the potential to be easily mis-applied (and hence "brick" the unit) is not a good thing from a users point of view.

Everytime there is an update, this forum tends to have a few "Just upgraded to firmware XXX an it caused an error" type threads. I presume these FW updates are properly tested, yes?

As with the FW updates being released about once a month, and considering that I use my kemper all the time, Im not so sure I want to risk "bricking" my unit in order to update it.
    I mean, firmware updates for products shouldn't carry this level of risk....

Is there any assurance someone at Kemper can give us that the stability of the firmware updates are properly tested before going live?

Or is this just the risk we take given the "beta"-ish nature of the product?

• Consider that this kind of issues have reduced a lot in the latest FW. If I'm not wrong the bricking has been related to +1000 rigs KPA's.
    ATM the KPA is rock solid, I'm using it in studio and live without any problem (while 1.0 FW had a ton of midi issues).