Posts by Javlin7

I play mine through a marshall 9100 and two marshall 2x12's for onstage sound (via monitor out cab sims off) and to the PA via the main outs (with the volume link disabled).

I love the sounds I'm getting. People may argue that I'm not getting a true picture on stage of the profile as the Marshalls will be adding some colour to the sound, but I don't care... I'm getting a great sound and that is all that matters.

and the sound guys are happy too.

Yeah a big thanks to CK and the team for this...
    I've always wanted an intelligent harmoniser, but could never justify forking out over a grand for the eventide racks, or even £400+ for a pitchfactor, as I guess I'd probably end up using it once in a blue moon anyway.

So getting this firmware update is like getting a £400 pedal for free.... Kemper the gift that keeps on giving !
    5 minutes of tweeking and Steve Vai like harmonies :thumbup: .... could it get any better ??

Not played with the Whammy settings yet as I have a whammy DT, but am curious to try it especially with the 3 octive range.

Thanks for the help guys... just had this from the support team...

Seems they have fixed how midi messages are sent (see below) in this firmware..... looks like i need to do some programming of my midi controller.
    Great product, and great support ! :thumbup:

"the following might happen: Floorboards usually are repeating the status of any switch assigned to a Midi Control Change # whenever you send any Midi Program Change. This is to make sure, that the on/off status of those switches plus their correspondung LED is always in sync with the main device. This is the only way to ensure this, because no two-way communication is taking place. So the Profiler isn't sending any feedback to the floorboard and the floorboard doesn't 'listen' anyhow.

Example: I don't know, in which slot you have activated the stomp box, let's say Stomp D. If you have a button on the floorboard dedicated to switch Stomp D with Midi Control Change # 20 on/off and this button has been in off-position, while you were sending the command to load that rig, your floorboard will send two consecutive commands:
    1. Program Change to load rig x
    2. Control Change to switch Stomp D off (# 20 value 0)
    Therefor the Profiler does load the new rig in its default state with stomp on and then immediatly switches the stomp off.

You might observe this behaviour, because the Profiler did ignore these consecutive commands in the past, which has been a mistake. Since this firmware we are correctly processing all commands sent by the floorboards."

Hey guys, I'm on the new beta firmware and have a problem. If I switch a stomp for arguments sake wah from off to on status then save it (ie when I recall that rig I want the wah on) it's not saving the status of the effect...ie when I recall the rig the wah is off.....

Weird thing is I just discovered if I browse and select that rig the change is there, but if I use my midi foot controller to select it the change is not there..... But I can't find a duplicate rig

What am I doing wrong? I know this worked before.

Thanks
    Mike

Yes, I think there should be a stereo version of the Kemper Power Amp as I also want to run 2 cabs in stereo and I would prefer to have a Kemper made Power Amp. Also, there should be the option of making the direct out and the monitor out be able to both have the cab off (cab driver) possibility. This way you could have a stereo sound on stage for yourself and still run the cab on via the main outputs out front.

+10000 for this idea :thumbup:

I run monitor out into a Marshal 9100 and run both sides so two cabs. It's not stereo but i go direct to the PA with the main outs.

On the marshal if you only put an input in channel A it acts as the input for both channels.....not sure if the Mesa does this but it might be worth a try.

Cheers
    Mike

Hi all, I hope someone can help.
    I have an issue using a volume pedal. I get the same problem whether I use it as a volume pedal in the signal chain ie Guitar>kemper> power amp> cabs, or if i use the volume pedal as an expression pedal using the Midi CC .

Basically, if I'm using a clean rig, all works as expected, the pedal swells from zero to full volume in a normal manner. If I select a high gain rig then there is no swell... it goes from zero to full even if the pedal is only at one or two... I've tried switching the noise gates off .. Volume location is pre stomps ..... do I need to move it to after the digital effects to get the desired effect ?

Thanks
    Mike

Check the midi section of the manual... it's in there. I can't remember specifically which CC numbers it is, but there are two for switching the delay and reverb, one keeps the trails, the other cuts them.

hope that helps.