Posts by mat-chow

It feels to me like there will clearly still be a calling for both the classic profile and the new liquid version. As has been stated throughout this thread there will be many obscure amps (and perhaps certain individual amp channel tone routings on more popular amps) that are sure to not appear at first in the official tone stack library. I watched HW’s face as he was considering what CK was explaining, and I feel that same sense of nerdy, geeky wonder and the excitement of getting to try it all out down the road. Excited to see what vendors (and Kemper themselves!) do with this new option.

My KPA has been primarily a live use machine and I’m VERY interested in this development. I just love the ingenuity and unique train of thought that has given us all this most incredible device.

Hi folks. I couldn’t pull the trigger on an unpowered kab before Christmas due to, well, Christmas with four children. I had however seen that both Kemper’s US store and Sweetwater had them, then sold out. I now have a theater gig on the books for late January and I’m wondering if there’s any chance there could be new stock in the next few weeks. Does anyone have any input here?

Great thread. I too came from a Marshall pedigree for the most part. I own a JCM900, TSL2000, and a JVM410H. I'm away from my kemper for a bit as my house has been under renovation for far too long now. I'll have MUCH catching up to do as I'm several firmware updates behind~ I've been thinking I should rehab all three of those tube monsters, profile "my" sounds out of all three, and sell them. They literally just take up space these days. I'm still a nervous nellie when it comes to deep tweaking and I've never even explored IR's so it's very interesting to even consider.

I've gigged my rig with several different setups, from powering my 1960a to running through a Bose L1 model ll to running through a Roland KC-500, to monitoring only through house wedge ( that sucked). I'll be investing in a Kabinet most likely. I've never run a 1x12 but in theory I think I'm ready.

I'd love to hear your profiles. JVM for all its little difficulties is a tone monster. Love all the Clean and Crunch modes, and OD1 red is just an absolute lead slayer.

I've never really understood the appeal of the "amp in the room" thing if you're into modeling. We spend a lot of time and money finding the correct profiles that provide that perfect mic'd up sound that we're used to hearing on our favorite recordings. Everybody wants Eddie's tone...or Stevie's tone...or Angus' tone...or whoever you like. But those classic tones are mic'd up sounds.

Why the desire to hear something different than what the audience hears?

It's nice to have the option. Personal preference. One size need not fit all...

Well, I wish I could..However, this is NOT my amp and not my modification...I have looked it all over and there are some very odd things done on the board but it all works very well. The modifications were done by a local shop owner near Detroit, MI but are not offered as a commercial service...

I can tell you that it makes each channel sound proper...The JVM in its factory condition is not a very playable amp to many...To dial in, you must be precise and rather unconventional. This amp is very playable...That is the best I can tell you. :)

That's cool- the last head I played before getting my Kemper was a JVM. Loved the clean, crunch , and OD1 channels the best. I did adjust the bias to run a touch hotter. I've been hoping for some great profiles for a long time- thanks very much!

hey sir, I actually bought this the other day and won't be getting to my Kemper for a bit. Was curious if you could expand a little on the mods made to this JVM?

I'll plan on a kab later in the year. I have a house three-quarters renovated and my wife just lost her job (due in part to this new world situation). I may very well be on a shelter in place order this week so we shall see how it goes. But my reward for my house reno (and maybe staying alive ?) will definitely be a PRS Vela and a Kabinet. Be well everyone.