Posts by djemass

Hi Armin,

Thank you very much. This proves that the Tonestack color in the CAB part is very strong. This is also why I think the good IRs have to include also poweramp colors. Redwirez are good cab IR but they don't work great for me. I need the 6L6 typical color to add something.

The Proof is that when we use this Cab profile with many different Boogie amp profiles (may be yours or from others users, the tone doesn't change that dramatically. This is perhaps the only limitation I may have with Tills Cabs is that they were done with Marshall JVM amps. I would have loved he did the Recto Cab with Mesa Boogie amp for instance.

For a guy like me who can make a live gig with only one tone and regulating everything with a volume pedal set before the amp to control the drive amount, I don't get the point to get so many devices. I mean, if he is an fx geek, I think he can do anything he wants with his Axe-fx...

I assume this guy doens't play live a lot ??

Edit : Ahh, OK, he is Zappa, Vai and even Petrucci (in 2002) guitar tech, so a real gear geek.
    Look at him on youtube. Tc elmectronics did a video from him.

I spend already too much time to scratch the surface of the Kemper, so if I had this "small rig", I would become totally crazy :)

Small donation bro. I have just began to try your profiles. Your effort is huge. I respect also a lot what you did with MTS modules :)

About profiles, I focused mostly on the MarkIII Coliseum profile.

A lot of people are searching for what they call a "A good IIC+ tone". The amp is so versatile that it is almost impossible. However, the MarkV fails totally to repoduce the mojo of MarkIIc+ / MarkIII.

Even if they sound perhaps too dry for my needs (but they sound very good), they are the profiles that match the closest the DNA of MarkIIc+ / Mark III tone, especially for Heavy rythmics. When mixed with Tills Recto cab003 and post graph EQ to tame the 10khz freq, sounds really great for my needs.

Is this amp yours, and would you interested to make new profiles of this BEAST ?

Of course, as for me any work deserves money, a donation for this will be done for this job ;)

I own a MarkIIC+ which has to go to the doctor and I suck in profiling. My approach of what a good IIC+ tone is is a more ambient miking perhaps.

I think the following video shows what a great IIC+ sounds like when we play it. Ok this is ambient tone (camera mic) , but the tone retranscribes well the particular low end of this amp and the creamy hi-end :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aThmW2p95gs

I also posted a long wav file which compiles (isolated Petrucci stuff and real misc IIC+ stuff) :
    http://thegreatnothing.free.fr/Tonematch…khz-16bits2.wav

Let me know if interested

Once again, great job

Dje, ptite question : tu parlais de profiler sans micro, en passant pas la sortie ligne, j'imagine ? Comme mon boogie en est équipé, je vais procéder de cette façon, aurais tu des précisions ou infos à donner ( par Armin je crois ) sur cette façon de profiler ? Le choix du cab va être super déterminant du coup ?

merci.

Non en fait c'est brancher une DI Behringer GI100 sur la sortie HP de l'ampli puis de connecter of course la DI sur le baffle pour pas tout faire cramer. C'est Tills qui me l'a conseillé. C'est ce qui marche le mieux car une partie de l'ampli de puissance sera aussi dans la partie amp du profil. Par contre, va falloir une paire de couvertures sur le baffle car ça va faire du bruit :)

Apres tu prends le profil de baffle que tu aimes

Salut

Pourquoi pas, dis-moi, sinon y'a toujours la soluce VHM mais je les connais pas trop...

For the moment quite disppointed by the results... The cabs sound thin for the moment. I think we need an amp profile very rich. The markV extreme 2 by G Leleve seems the best... What i would love is a tonematching eq in X slot

Update

After several sessions of Tonematching with Ozone, poor results... I know I haven't Tonematched for a while, but for me everything was well setup...

I gave up, if anyone has more luck...

I found a great combo for a Good MarkIIC+ heavy rythm tone:
    PT Mesa Boogie Mark + Tills Recto Cab 003, graphic eq to tame slightly at 10khz cause the cab sounds slighty too bright for what I need.

Ok the idea is : how to mix two kemper cab profiles or mixing a kemper cab profile with an IR! This could be great as we would see the ir as a graphic eq more detailed... I dont see where we could go back in quality if we always keep at least one kemper cab in the equation ???!!!!

Hey Folks,

I think CabMaker is a good opportunity to use Ozone tonematching (as Clark Kent did) with the Kemper to make great tonematched cabs.

I think it is time to share with you some stuff

You will find here the link of a mono 16bits 44khz of isolated guitar tracks of Mesa Boogie Tracks I compiled during years (including Petrucci stuff, Mesa demo of MarkV, and real MarkIIC+ stuff miced or live in a room).

http://thegreatnothing.free.fr…onematch44khz-16bits2.wav

166Mo of pure Mesa/Boogie Mark series heaven (MarkIIC+ and Mark IV/MarkV stuff), ready to tonematch !! As there are a lot of Mesa Mark profiles availables very good to do the tonematch (G Leleve, Armin, And 44, ...)

Enjoy and experiment !!

Of course I will tonematch ALL of them but I wanted to share this for the ones who couldnt wait :)

I think It is better to tonematch them with your own guitar and stuff

Cheers

Djemass

PS : If you are curious and search more in the same folder as this file on thegreatnothing.free.fr/Tonematching, you may find some good surprises, but keep this secret please :)

Hey andy

I think a lot of people want The metal side of the MarkIIc+

you already profiled a MarkIIc and your profiles sound good but we cant get with them this :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aThmW2p95gs

Ok this is not miced amp video but you can get what a lot of guys want from this amp... Listen in particular the powerchords... So powerful... This has a unique tone signature that for the moment has not been achieved with a profile. Tills cabs are the closest but the poweramp he used is i think a marshall jvm...