Posts by lightbox

So if it's 3-4ms in variable latency mode, we're talking about an additional distance to cabinet/speaker of 1 meter, that's what I wanted to clarify. If we were talking about 20ms or more, there would be reason for discussion and room for improvement. But c'mon, everything below 10ms is just n.o.t.h.i.n.g ... you deal with a lot more, when you're on stage.

Cheers,
    Martin

I know that latency can be a pain in the ass, but in terms of our lunchbox, I really can't even see the smallest reason to complain. If I remember correct, the fixed latency of the KPA is 7ms? Variable latency can be something like 4.5 - 5ms?

Maybe I should remember you, that the speed of sound gives us a natural latency of 3ms / meter. So the KPA latency feels like standing 1.5m - 2.3m from your tube amp's cabinet. I'm sure you never complained about latency standing right in front of your eardrum massage device.

Cheers,
    Martin

Laker, I'm not sure how CK meant his comment, but it might have been a hint for all of us to understand, that there will most likely be no change to the very core of how the KPA creates the sound from its profiles ... or profiles from sound.
    And as far as I'm concerned, I'm very very pleased with the awesome work of And44 which clearly shows the real potential of the lunchbox. I completely understand that a new user will have serious trouble to immediately create profiles as good as TAF ones. There's quite some experience, time, knowledge involved to produce these brilliant profiles that let the KPA really sing.

The only thing that bothers me a lot in terms of "sound" is the digital I/O mess. And I still fail to understand how this possibly could have happened (44.1kHz sample rate only, and KPA has to be master sync). This is just ridiculous, sad to say so.

Cheers,
    Martin

My bet on the next public beta firmware is March 20 ... this should give enough time to finalize a release version until Musikmesse.
    Can't see good reason to provide the next public beta much earlier. And I really hope that there will be another public beta after the kind of weird experience last time. ;)

I'm going to stay in Kathmandu most of the time, so altitude shouldn't be an issue at roughly 1400m.
    No plans so far to record in Everest Base Camp or on top of the mountian ... although this could turn out as a perfect marketing strategy. :thumbup:

Hey gang,

I would like to know the average and maximum power consumption specs of the Kemper lunchbox (not rack) without power amp.
    Reason is, that I will go to Nepal for a while and do some recording there soon. They have power cut almost all day long, so I need to get a UPS which powers my equipment for a couple of hours. I would really like to plan in advance.

Thanks for help,
    Martin

3852 members have registered so far, with 944 of them never been logged in and 1675 with 0 posts.
    The userID count is way higher because they probably just copied the whole Access Virus forum incl. database and then removed these users and all the threads.

Don, many years ago (roughly one decade ago) I used a VOX Tonelab SE a lot, which was a pretty rugged floorboard amp modeller. Felt like 7kg. And on day 1 of my purchase back then I already hated to bend down to the floor to adjust parameters then sit strait, grab the guitar, play, put the guitar away, bend down again, tweak the settings a bit, .... you get the idea.

Wow, what a surprise that it had a nice Windows editor via 2 vintage MIDI cables. So easy to create nice tones and fine-tune them on my display and save everything to the Tonelab and/or to hard disk.

So what I actually ask for: Don't try to make good old MIDI communication look bad as long as the KPA doesn't have a nice editor & librarian. Imho it's even more important now since the rack version appeared. Nobody wants to stand or knee in front of a 19" rack in the back of a control room while trying to fine-tune a sound.

Just my truckload of cents.
    Martin

[quote='Per',index.php?page=Thread&postID=73422#post73422]I got scared after two initial responses.

Just to clarify my prior answer:
    Sadly, S/PDIF with KPA is not an option for me, since I can't switch my whole environment down to 44.1kHz and I can't have everything slaved to the KPA's S/PDIF signal.
    I'm pretty sure this situation was an oversight from CK, that might be difficult to fix now. Anyway, I'm stuck to analog signal I/O with the KPA.

Cheers,
    Martin

If it's not a misconfiguration of your web browser, this problem most likely is based on proxy server(s) between your internet connection and Kemper's web server.
    It could be a proxy server at your company (if you visit this site from work) or a proxy server of your ISP.

Could be solved easily if Kemper's web pages contained no-cache headers and/or no-cache meta-tags.

Cheers,
    Martin

... why does every Fractal update have to be discussed here in detail on the Kemper forum ...

I would like to say that I'm interested in the answer, but I can't because I'm only interested in every means to just stop that. It's absolutely annoying and it kills a lot of the good spirit of the Kemper forum.

I am a KPA user and owner and I would highly appreciate if I could be an active member in this product- and manufacturer-specific forum without all the external buzz and poo. There was a reason I never joined TGP and other comparable sites. I want to know and learn about this product here and not about potentially misbehaving individuals somewhere else. Will it be possible to just stop that some day?

1 second after he picks the strings turn up the volume to maximum and you'll hear some non-rythmic fizz signals in the upper frequencies in the very background until 5.5 seconds.
    As I wrote before, you can even see it in a frequency spectrum display.

Yes, I can hear it, although I didn't notice it so far in the profiles I usually play.
    And by the way, you can even see it pretty clearly if you watch the MP3 file in a spectral frequency display.
    Roughly between 1.6kHz and 6kHz you can see some vertical lines that don't belong to the actual guitar sound.
    After 5.5s these lines disappear.

No clue what is the cause of this. But it's there.