Posts by StealthAMD

Lightbox,

You are amazing!

One of the main reason why I stick around here. Always something to learn from true professionals and amazingly knowledgable folks.

Love the vintage mic by the way.

Keep the good stuff coming!

Hello rtb,

On the Duet2 I am using the '+4dBu' type of inputs so I don't have to control the sound level. This basically leaves me to adjust the volume I want with the Kemper only.
    In a mix with Logic, I usually monitor my input signal roughly around -18dB in Agogee Maestro.

Not in a mix of course it's to your taste making sure not to clip the inputs even though they have what Apogee calls "Soft Limit". Soft Limit works fairly well when there is some clipping but I do prefer when there is no clipping rather than to rely on some compromise induced by the Soft Limit.

Cheers.

Hey rtb,
    I have pretty much the same setup as you. Not sure I understand the problem... The changes in sound between profiles and gain should be very obvious... Did you try headphones direct from the Kemper to hear its the same behaviour as with your Duet/Logic setup ?

And Welcome of course !!!

Guitartone,

Why is it specific to USA ? I am interested but the USA exclusiveness kind if throws me off a little.
    I have the utmost respect for Japenese craftsmanship as well as European.

I live in Canada, is there different rules for USA and Canada? Canada is not very far since more than 90% of its population lives within 100 miles from the border.

Thanks, Marc.

Hi

May I ask what were your monitors before the Adams? I currently have the KRK Rockit 6 with the 10s sub but I am not fully satisfied with their sound even though I would say that they are OK generaly. I find the Sub way too powerful as compared to the Rockit 6 and a good balance is very hard to find between booming bass or not enough.

As far as the interface goes, I have a Duet2 since 1.5 years and I love it. It's only drawback; I find that sometimes I would like that it had S/PDIF.

1. Brian Moore i9 (Passive Seymour Duncan with coil tapping)

2. Schecter Blackjack SLS Solo-6 (Active Seymour Duncan Blackouts)

3. VG-99 for its modeled guitars via a MIDI pickup of course

4. Takamine small body acoustic guitar with acoustic pickup

EDIT: 5. Tokai ES 135 :thumbup:

Geraldo,

I think at this point you should just calm down and stop getting every punches straight on the chin. It doesn't help you or your case. It is clear that these guys are going for the big fishes and obviously think that they have one.

At this point, knowing that you might pay a lot, why would you continue to play the good guy (your lawyer also). I think it is time to show your teeth and at least let them clearly know that you will not go down without a nasty fight.

What about a phone call between both parties to at least hear and gauge in what kind of pissing contest you are in for?

Again, no excuses, NEVER admit you are guilty of anything in any type of communication. This is how the justice system works (US and Canada). The more you say, the more ammunition you give to the other side and vice-versa.
    Basically, your goal is to make them talk and document/record whatever nonsense they have to say to be so unreasonable and use that against them later on if this continues.

But in all honesty, you need to shake this scare off of you and become more aggressive towards them and see if it might not help turn the table to your advantage. Having an idea of your character, once this is over to your advantage, you could then just leave everything drop and you could put that bad experience behind you.

Again, this is just what I would do. If someone goes to your jugular, you have every right to do exactly the same and it should be expected.

Don't go down before paying them a ride for their money because at this point you don't have anything to lose. They are being a**holes by finding every bits and pieces of law to scare you. You can be an a**hole yourself now dealing with them because being nice at this point will not help you anymore.

Cheers,

Marc.

Hi!

I've never printed it, mainly knowing that it is a monthly update.

I have it everywhere though. Personal Mac, iPad and work laptop and consult it quite often.

I fly a lot so I mainly read it on the iPad. When finally home and in front of the KPA wanting to experiment, I use the Mac.

Again, fantastic resource for me and if it was not for it before I took my decision I might have gone Fractal mainly because it was impossible to try a KPA before buying (Canada). Your document encouraged me to make a leap of faith.

Cheers and your WiKPA is extremely useful.

Marc.

No biggie for me. A little disappointed, true, but really nothing that will make me curl into fetal position in a corner of the room. Governments, local and international regulations in business is a maze of suprises and weird sh*t.

I cannot be angry at Kemper to have aimed high with good intentions only to be let down by these laws and regulations after the fact. I am sure they didn't even think to be let down by the authorities and feel pretty bad to be the ones having to announce this to their early adopters.

Honestly, Kemper didn't even have to offer a rebate but some will complain how low the rebate is.
    Some would still have complained even if Kemper would have just asked for the difference in price between the old and new kemper and asked customers to pay for shipping. Some feel entitled to everything and start bashing if they don't get it. There is really no way that Kemper would be able to make amends to people with this mentality. Even having everything exchanged and upgraded for free, they would still feel bitter and bad mouth the company...

Anyway, I wanted to say that I willingly bought a piece of gear with a hole in the back, unused buttons and future options with the hope that some of those absent features might eventually become reality.

The most important feature of all is already there, years ahead of the competition, and is what made us buy the KPA in the first place.

The rest, to me, is just bonus. I have had the KPA for just a little more than 3 months now and the amount of new features in such a short timespan is pretty amazing. In fact, I have not enough time to absorb the new stuff as fast as I would like to.

One last thing about the value of our "old" KPAs going down because of new versions are coming out... I think this is bullocks. As time goes by, it gets down, that's a fact as with everything in retail. Just look at how fast any smartphone becomes obsolete about every 8 months if not faster. You cannot ask for a company to stop its own growth and perenety because the customers who already bought one of its product will become upset... This is non-sense.

Programmed obsolescence (like smartphones) is really evil but in the case of Kemper I don't feel that it is the case at all looking at the new features still coming for their old customers for free and also looking at the history of the Virus synth line of products.

Hi,

The only thing I can say is that I feel for you... Not easy to be cornered like this when you do something like this without any malice.

Unfortunately we have come to an age where instant access to anything by the use of technologies brings great things but also the opposite extreme. Probably more of the dark side but that's only my view.

Everything being so easy to acccess and link that we don't think (at least for a while) that we might be doing something wrong. Just think mp3, videos, concerts and all this stuff filmed by people where it says in big letters on their tickets not to film and take photos... Most of us do this for ourselves and to show to a couple of friends only. Others go and post this stuff to the public.

In any case, I think that the guys going after you are of the bad kind. Being there simply to make a buck. Probably more $$ by suing and harrassing others than the value of the picture itself that they we not able to sell to a high bidder magazine. This is lame...

As much as I respect the author's rights, I totally don't agree to this practice of circling innocent victims like sharks.

This is wrong.

All the best and wish that it will not be too painful on your wallet and psyche after this is behind you.

I have a nice story for you Mr. Talbot.

I had one item on my Santa's list; the Kemper. That was it, there was nothing else I wanted.

My wife not being used to all this very special type of highly rare and specialized stuff procrastinated a little.

In any case, we go as usual during Christmas time visiting her family in Vancouver (We live close to Montreal).

So, arriving in Vancouver we start doing our Xmas shopping. She goes to Long & McQuade and Tom Lee but no one has a Kemper in stock... She starts panicking. She ask the L&M folks to check inventory and there was only one sitting in Regina... Now she really freaked out.

Little geography for those not familiar with Canada:
    Montreal - Vancouver = 4,700 km
    Vancouver - Regina = 1,700 km
    Montreal - Regina = 2,900 km

So she calls me in tears and I honestly said that it was OK, I could wait and we would take our time and look at it once back in Montreal.

So back in Montreal, she calls Moog Audio when the store opens and it is the day where there is one of the biggest snowstorm of the year. The guy says that he has only one left but that he will not hold it back. First come, first serve. So we went downtown and it took us more than 3 hours to do only 35km because of the chaos of the snowstorm.

We finally get there, get the unopened Kemper box, my wife pays and I am, well, ecstatic to say the least. Before we leave, I decided to look at their funky brand of guitars for a minute. Then there is a guy coming in the store running to get the Kemper as he also called the very same morning and he sees me with the box... You should have seen his face and also mine...
    He was a good sport and congratulated me for arriving before him and to have a lot of fun with it.

Anyway, it was a special day and a somewhat weird turn of events.

I have been a Happy Kemper since then.

You will see, it is well worth the wait. Never had nothing like this. Ever.

Cheers,

Marc.