Posts by Pixelman

Hi, I will goo FRFR soon for live gigs.

I'm playing on an 8 string that I will use also with bass profiles and synth sounds (mostly from my Boss-SY-300 and some from the kemper).

I know the Yamaha DXR 10 is very popular.

For my use I think I need an 12 speaker at least and possibly a 15.

What do you think about that ?

Here are what I'm looking right now (budget is also something to consider)

The Box Pro dsp 112

The Box Pro dsp 115

EV ZLX 12p

EV ZLX 15p

I also recently heard about Headrush from Ingolf and found it very interesting so :

Headrush frfr 112

and Alto's also, If it's the same it's cheaper and there is a 15 version

Alto ts 312

Alto ts 315

Well my new studio configuration need clearly an editor cause it almost on the floor (even before, cause i make a lot of home studio stuff, I needed an editor to tweak less painfully).

Kemper Stage owner's who need to tweak precisly their sounds must be very agree about the needed of an editor.

Maybe it will have a lot of changes since the time they presented it (looked already very cool in my memories)

I think that dual amps isn’t all that people make it out to be.

I don't get the hype since the beginning for dual amp, I now for sure that I don't need it, for me it's a good way to loose time in tweaking, also in recording situation I managed that I don't use to different amp to play the same part, usually prefer double the guitar part with the same amp sound.

A good solid amp sound is just enough for me. There are a lot of things that I would like before that.

For the Profiler stage, a thing is missing that i need is the midi thru, also my kemper as to be close to my laptop/Maschine so the head is the way for me.

One thing that i will be jealous is the respond time of the expression pedal that will be better than in the remote.

Has a release of the editor on the 24th been officially confirmed?

Not officially but as i can't see the Kemper stage to be launched without an editor, the official announcement of the Kemper stage on the 24th = release date of the editor. (may be available few days later when the first buyers will receive their units)

Merci pour ton retour, j'ai déjà fais pas mal d'essais (je pensais que mon boss avait un problème de niveau d'entrée j'ai fais un topic sur le forum vguitarforums https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=26020.0)

A priori le boss devrait être un élément central de mon rig avec beaucoup de patch différents et oui pour le live j'aimerais que tout soit le plus possible automatisé.

La version SY-300 dans la boucle du Kemper est ce qui me semble le plus adapté pour moi, a voir si j'arrive a programmer et utiliser le midi comme je le souhaite.

Dommage qu'il ne semble pas y avoir beaucoup de mises a jours ou de nouveau patch etc disponible via le boss tone studio car cette machine devrait pouvoir beaucoup évoluer a mon avis.

Pour l'instant, n'étant pas du tout fammilié de comment se règle un synthé, j'ai du mal a faire des sons de synthé bien différents mais j'en suis au début, j'espère que c'est juste ça !

Hello, y a t'il des Frenchies qui utilisent le Boss SY-300 ici ?

Je viens de le recevoir et j'ai pas mal de questions, la première et la gestion du son car certain patchs sont vraiment trop hot, ils attaquent le kemper ou la carte son en allant directement dans le rouge et d'autres non et tous ça pour un volume plutôt bas en sortie.

I used to own a SY-300 briefly.

Per your first question: the SY-300, as a synthesizer, has itself a distortion generator. Therefore it’s not necessarily bad to hit the unit post amp. Just experiment how you get what you want to achieve.

Second question: of course. Any midi that’s received by the Profiler can be used to control external devices.

Thx, yes I will experiment, for now it will probably between in front or in the loop.

For the midi question i need to learn more (midi is a mystery for me) but a few months back i made some tests and I'm pretty sure that i needed to plug midi IN and OUT to the Maschine mikro Mk2 to make it work (maybe it's not true) so it let me the midi Thru on the kemper, is it enough to send at least program changes to the Boss ?

This is what I want for live: (too bad he didn't make a tutorial yet...)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The SY-300 can be a fickle synth to use but for some lead sounds and synth ambience it can be fun. I am interested in how you plan on incorporating the unit into your music.

My plan with this unit is to use it a lot, my music turn more and more in an electro way and I'd like to play line with my guitar when i can.

The SY-300 is kind of the only thing for now that fit for me cause i'll need a lot of presets AND midi controlling.

I hope i'll achieve good sounds with it cause i must say that the video demos i saw were not all good. I need pad , 8 bit, synthwav, 80s, ambient sounds etc... and I hope i can make them cause it seems to be a deep machine.

That's too bad that Boss seems to not be update friendly cause I'm sure this unit can so much better . I must say that i prefered the EHX synth9 demos and especially the Meris Enzo that feet way more in terms of sounds with my style (but only 16 presets and needed to buy external device for midi that make it more expensive than a used Boss)

Here the meris that i hope i can soundlike with the Boss:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hi, I'll probably have a Boss SY-300 next week and i have some routing questions.

I would probably put it in the effect loop of the Kemper, do i need to off the amp section for the synth sounds to be as synth as possible ?

Also, I want to use my Kemper to be controlled by my DAW (Maschine 2) with midi. Can my kemper control the Boss SY-300 at the same time ?

Any suggestions or tips for the Boss SY-300 with the kemper are welcome !

Thx

Well I ordered a Tc-Helicon but my dumb question was not so dumb cause nothing happen with the jack connection...

So i will need a xlr to jack to put in front of my kemper and I feel that's not good, on those review i thought it was easier with the helicon (what i want is going in the kemper and nowhere else) "The TC HELICON Talkbox Synth, unlike the BOSS VO-1, runs best at the very front of your signal chain"

The Boss looks more appropriate for me finally... The TC-HELICON is for people how want to have vocoding in different out rather the guitar (which i don't).

I think I won't find my happiness with what's in the market now so i will probably go with the boss or the TC helicon.

Anyone have an advice, for the moment i must say that the price of the Helicon make me go for it but it doesn't have a send and return, I'm not sure if it's really better to use it in the loop, will i need a xlr to jack to put in front of the kemper ?

[Blocked Image: https://images.static-thomann.de/pics/bdb/414432/12199622_800.jpg]

EDIT: Well i understood the difference about the outs, it was a dumb question.

I'm still thinking but the price of the helicon can make me choose it but it miss level knob (like on the boss) cause in the videos it seems to have a volume boost when singing in the mic.

I think the TC Helicon Voice Live stuff has vocoders on them. You can also use it as a controller for the Kemper. Check them out, assuming you don't have a Remote.

Hi, I will look at the Helicon, what I'd want is a vocoder like the boss but with the ability to have preset so i can use different sounds without touching the unit during live performances.

I actually have the remote.

Here is some videos of great effects unit that i would love very much to have things like that directly in the kemper (I must say i just dont know if the kemper is technically able to produce those kind of sound)

Hello,

I don't have a KPA at the moment but I would like to ask you if it is possible to profile pedals. I am especially interested in pedals from Electro Harmonix for organ sounds (called B9 / C9 / Key9), is it possible to profile them and use the KPA as a organ emulator?

Yes, like already said it's not possible but I really hope for some "synth" add in the futur, I don't know anything about dsp etc so i don't know if the Kemper is able to make that kind of sound but those Electro Harmonix effects are great !!!

I can add the MEL9 and especially the Synth9 to the list?