Posts by Jcaster

I heard demos of the ISP Theta Pro AND Amplifire which sounded better to me than either the Axe or Helix. TGP already has someone complaining about the "harsh" tone of the Helix they just bought.
    Line 6 hyped the HD series as if it would slay everything.....and now the hype about Helix. Line 6 has cried wolf one too many times.

But the Amplifire is something I would use as a backup if I didn't already have the Eleven Rack on my shelf.

I wanted to order one just for curiosity i guess, but then i saw the final price for Europe was more than 600€ I had to give up that idea.
    But i will definitely buy one used if i get the opportunity.

Has for the Helix i honestly like what i have heard so far.

You guys are wasting your time.That forum is full of Fractal followers (and some of them are webmasters), they don't listen to reason or logic (i loved that ears "argument"... :rolleyes: )
    Plus they have moderation always backing them up, which lets exist this constant behavior and trash talk of other products.

There was a topic recently there comparing digital units that basically said that the Kemper unit sounds like crap.
    If there was something similar in regards to Fractal that topic would either be closed by moderation or the moderation itself would quickly refute those allegations(we seen a lot examples of this).

Tgp unfortunately became an advertising hub and propaganda site in favor of some specific brands.The digital gear part of the forum is simply disgraceful in that regard.

Ps : I only go there these days mainly because of the guitars in general part of forum, there's always some great info an stuff to learn there.

All correct what what makes you assume that Kemper isn't capable of developing and handling this for the Profiler?

The thing is while a Strymon pedal as only one function (be an effect pedal ) the Kemper unit as a lot more stuff going on.

Because of this.

I really doubt we will see an emulation like the El Capistan in Kemper.Tape degradation, tape noise (crackle and so on) , take skipping, the general randomness that comes with these old machines.

It's these great details that make the emulation a lot more believable.

I just can't see something like this being produced on the Kemper, like in said in the first sentence in that post a pedal is just a pedal.It has only one main task to hog on it's dsp power.There's a lot more going on the Kemper and the resources of the machine must be divided.

I believe we will have improved delays (actually, i know...) but i think we are shooting too high when people say it will be on par with the quality of Strymon Delays.
    No even the Axe Fx who as a lot more dsp power than the Kemper as delay effects with same quality and attention to detail as the ones that Strymon produces.

The thing is while a Strymon pedal as only one function (be an effect pedal ) the Kemper unit as a lot more stuff going on.
    While that said i think where Strymon pedals shine is in the details,

I was having a private conversation with a member here yesterday about this.

For exemple the Strymon El Cpaistan really get's close too old tape machines in the emulation of it's flaws (that too my ears is a beautiful sound), the noises, the tape degradation and simple things like the sound of a tape skipping (that one is a tape delay ringer!My old Ep3 would do a lot of times that).

These "flaws" is what makes a diference in a successful emulation or a generic one.It's very common we see effect company's take on tape emulation be just a dark delay with some generic modulation behind it.

Everyone who had real experience with a tape delay knows that the real thing is far more than that.
    Most effect company's neglect the tape delay flaws in their emulations, but in my opinion it's those flaws(and the randomness that come with them) that makes old tape delays such magical machines.

So, what's so awesome about Strymon?

I just want that sounds good, and is somewhat tweakable. Some of the KPA settings are somewhat unlogical. At least to me...

I never said "awesome" (those are your words not mine), i talked about quality effects.If it's "awesome" or not that's a personal opinion and point of view.

Strymon does in fact produce quality digital effects, the Strymon El Capistan per example is the only tape delay emulation out there that gets close to an old echoplex ep3 i once i had. Nothing on the market comes close ( and like i said not even the Axe Fx which is known for it's effects).

These last days there's been running a rumor on the forum saying we will get a new FW that will update the existent effects on the Kemper to the level of quality of the likes of Strymon. It's a pretty bold statement and i highly doubt the machine will be able to pull something of this level.

Kemper reverbs and delays are lacklustre, the other effects in the machine are ok and some are really great. Im hoping to see improvements in delays and reverb, but im definitely not expecting delays and reverbs with the same quality of those present in Strymon products.

It's an unrealistic goal, and i think whoever is expecting for that will probably end up disappointed.

It's really impossible to have all the profiles in the Kemper.

It can be crazy the amount of profiles you collect over the time, i was an early adopter back in the day so iv'e been collecting a pretty impressive amount of profiles.
    At this moment i have more than 400mb of just comercial profiles :wacko: (crazy stuff i know).

The rig manager is a godsend, back when i sold my first kemper it simply didn't exist.It a was a bit bothersome to test tones back in that day.

The kemper is like a good wine, each year it passes it becomes better.

To me the Helix looks (and sounds) like a great unit.

Any competition should be welcome because that pushes other company's to present unique features to their products(to get that sell edge).

Im hoping in some feature firmware Kemper delivers another game changer ;)

could you please contact support by email. they'll walk you through a couple of things and hopefully we will find out why this happens.
    thanks, gs

So it's not normal? I get constant and random rig syncs.

And since i have probably 600 profiles the sync almost takes half an hour to process.

I had a similar problem with my first Kemper (it was probably one of the first units made as i was an early adopter) , it had a screen distortion (for lack of better definition).
    Unfortunately i had to send it back for repair, the good news is it didn't took that long (two weeks if i recall).

It's stuff that happens unfortunately.

Would it be possible in future updates to add the option of manual syncs?

I get constant random syncs (and they are really long and tedious processes), it would be nice to have an option for the user to choose when to do rig syncs instead of being forced to them.

Just to get a sense how crazy Fractal prices are in Europe...

http://olx.pt/anuncio/fractal-…g-IDxUj2D.html#6173163704

This guy is asking for a used Axe Fx Ultra (not the Axe Fx II) 1250€.

http://www.thomann.de/pt/kemper_profiling_amplifier_bk.htm
    A new Kemper costs 1590€ on Thomman (and you can get better deals than this, i got mine in local a Store here in Portugal with a discount).

We are talking about the Axe Ultra , these were the first generation of Axe Fx back in 2008.

Prices like this are super common (standards and ultras used go from 1000/1200 € ) here in Europe, and it's comprehensible people are asking these prices since when they bought the units back in the day they were already super high priced.

So i would not have any hopes that the Ax8 will reach Europe with a decent price tag.