Posts by Jcaster

anyone knows if the clickless 2.0 version promised by CK is downloadable?

I think it's still the same firmware that was there yesterday(2.0.0).

Funny enough i downloaded and installed it yesterday and i browsed quickly trough some profiles and i don't recall clicks and other strange noises(and i played the pitch profiles).

Sorry, no. It's fine, but I don't agree with "perfect". The protruding knobs for Gain, Volume and Tone are a glass jaw. And if you pad them properley, you will excede the 20 cm margin for cabin luggage.

You mean I should practice at home with my lovely KPA and then, when I manage to contrive an invitation for an international gig I go there and perform with a POD?!? 8|

I don't know if you noticed but that is practically what you are saying,since you seem to be unable to take a the Kemper toaster on airplane that seems to be your only option.

I really don't understand why because even if you don't want to put it under the airplane chair(it fits,i travelled with one like that) you have no problem whatsoever putting on the interior baggage compartment .

Either way the toaster is perfect for air travelling,im sure many users already travelled with their Kemper units.

To be honest (and don't be offended please)what this seems to me is just an excuse you made up to convince the Kemper team that building a cheaper,smaller unit is a good ideia.
    I think that there are better reasons for that than air travelling to be honest.

But like i said i don't foresee something like this happening in the near future(on a businesses point of view it would be a bad decision at present time).

Ps : You can always rent some gear if you don't want to bother to bring your own,but that of course won't come cheap.

The toaster is perfect for travelling,even on airplanes.

While i do understand why someone would want a cheaper smaller Kemper with only some basic features i don't see that happening in the near future(if ever).

I think that there are some other alternatives in the market that would fit some of those specific needs,get a pod a or something like it if you really have to(sure soundwise it's not the same,but if you really need something small cheap and practical...).

Also try Rupperts "Acoustic sim 2" on rig exchange. With a minor eq adjustments you could make it sound pretty good. With a piezo guitar i would try acoustic preamp profiles. There are couple to choose from, even couple of mine! If you like to try mine, search with "acoustimax" at rig exchange.

Tks,that's what i wanted.

I have to try this one.

The silverface bassman someone uploaded sounded great(i whish i could thank the uploader,i really liked that one).

That axe profile is probably the best acoustic sim,but for guitars with piezo systems is there any profile out there that works well?

While that axe profile is good,my piezo guitar sounds a lot better.

Tks everyone for the responses!

So,does this mean that every kemper unit sell in the world is exactly the same?Since you guys are reporting that it comes two power cords im assuming it is(does in the back the power cord input say 100-240v on your units also?).

If so my only dilemma will be choosing the color which il buy :)

Many tks again for your swift responses.

Ps : I won't buy the power amp version,it defeats a bit of the purpose of the unit for me.

Hi everyone.

I might be able next month to buy a Kemper unit in the states,my question is will i be able to use the unit without the aid of a power converter in europe?Is the internal power supply universal and i just need to use a diferent power cord?

Tks in advance.