Posts by Jcaster

Yeah ,maybe not the best expression :) But it was much higher quality no doubt about it.

My experience with the Axe Fx is really just the second and most recent version,in my country this kinda of stuff is pretty rare mainly because the price of the Axe in most European countries is pretty absurd i guess(not a lot of people are willing to spend so much on a digital unit i suppose).

So i don't know how it did sound on previous versions,but my friends Axe II od section sounded pretty spot on compared to the real life pedals it emulates(it kinda a surprised me really).

Like i said i understand that the philosophy behind Kemper is much different than the Axe Fx one and that is what makes such a big success(and i love this philosophy,don't get me wrong),but i was kinda disappointed when i first bought the unit and heard the quality of the od stomp boxes.For me it's not up to the standards in relation to everything else available in the unit.

Even more because before i bought the Kemper i used a lot of dirt pedals with my tube amps,i loved that approach and those tones(still i sold everything after getting the Kemper,that pretty much says how happy i am with the unit).

Like i said before by this conversation im also getting the feeling this is not a priority or even something to be consider to change in the future,again i understand that and i also agree that there might be more other urgent maters to take care in development.

Ps : It's also not a deal breaker,i use something similar to Will Chen approach.If i need more gain il use a different profile,and only in last resort il use the Green Screamer(but it's really on last resort only).

Will have to disagree on this as many also do(and i also had/have many of the models that are reproduce in Kemper).

A few months back i took my Kemper to a friends house who as an Axe II to do a face of,the od section of that unit blow Kemper to pieces.
    It was really the only thing i was really jealous about the axe because in terms o amp tone even my friend preferred the Kemper due to some amazing profiles on the unit.

It's the Achilles heel,i love the unit and use it almost on a daily basis but i won't lie about this.Even out of this forum and in other well known gear forums the Od section seems to be a common complain about the unit.
    I understand that being an effects processor isn't the main propose of the kemper(and the Axe falls a lot more in this category) ,but it's really weird how the od section is so much weaker than the other modeled effects.

Ps : And im getting the feeling after these posts it won't ever change,but i can live with that i guess.

I don't see how it's possible to profile a pedal.At least in a way it will become relevant and usable.

I still believe modelling is the way to go in this scenario,and the models in kemper are really weak.The other modelling effects in the unit ranges from good to amazing,but the od pedals are the Achilles heel.

Ps : The tube screamer is the most decent i can agree with that.

So why not alter that so it matches the real pedals?

I think a dedicated reverb and delay buttons are a must in this future pedalboard.

Iv'e been using the FCB with the uno kemper chip and i feel it would benefit if i had those two extra buttons,just like a mod a user here made.

I think you guys expect too much from TGP when you shouldn't for obvious reasons.When you see an owner of a digital product(that i shall not name...)trash talking other users with the moderation doing nothing and enjoying the show...well,you come to realize where you are.

Tgp is a great forum because some of it's users are really nice persons and it has a lot of really good info on guitar and amp stuff.But like i said you should never forget where you are(specially on the digital forum section),because if most users are really nice and helpful the same thing can't be said about the moderation(which is weird since they should be the first to set example).

I understand CK's position,if i was in his shoes i would never neglect one of the biggest gear forums in the net.Besides he is such a class act and handles things in a much more mature and polite way than the other manufacture i shall not name does.

And that my friends makes a big difference,personally i will never buy or support a product of someone who acts like that other manufacture did.Having good manners never hurt nobody,and offending potential buyers is a bad policy.

At first i was thinking my mind was playing tricks on me,i came to the forum to see if someone had wrote a topic about it but at that time there was none.Must be my imagination i thought,though i kept getting the impression the unit sounded better before i made that last update.

Thanks Kemper team for proving im still not senile.

yes, I put a new one up last night

I have to try it then.

Altough i have to say i never really bonded with axe fx profiles,not that they sound bad(and i would love to have an axe for the effects part)but to me it always sounds a bit processed.As with the Kemper you get this rawness in the sound i much appreciate.

Yet im going to give a try on this profile.

I tried that profile I did the other day and it clipped like hell so I'm not sure what happened....I reuploaded a patch minus clipping and with a -12 and +12 shift ...anyway try it out

Works really well here,no problems.

And the way i use it sounds even better,since i have an Archtop Prs with piezo i use the profile in the acoustic mode.Sounds much more sitar like this way.

Effect wise profiles this is one of the best(imo).