Posts by Sash

Curious as to how you're going to connect your kemper to it via the amp. To use the kones you need the monitor output which bypasses the cab. How are you going to feed the G12T's as you'll need another cab bypass feed?

This is what I've been doing. I've been loading a profile that's got the gain on maybe 5 or 6 leds and reducing it to 2-3. I think it sounds marginally better than taking a profile with 0 gain and adding 2-3.

it is subtle though :)

If I want a certain gain level on a profile, is it better to load a lower gain profile and turn up the gain, or load a higher gain profile and reduce the gain?

Or does it even matter? :)

Absolutely, on the Kemper you can allocate any programme change to any of the performance slots so you can select any of the HD500's patches (0-64) in the same setlist. That's why I wired it that way round. Using the HD500 as the master controller was too restrictive as it would be so much effort to change the order for the next gig.
    Sometimes for ease of use, I don't bother with wiring the HD500 into the Kemper other than the midi cable. I just plug the HD500 out into the Kemper guitar in and the variax passs straight through so it's only powering and selecting the models.

Cheers

I initially integrated my HD500 into the Kemper to power my JTV59. I had to use the Kemper as the 'master' patch organizer as the HD500 programme changes weren't flexable enough. The programme change numbers are fixed to 1A = 01 -1D = 04 etc, Also there was no way to use in Kemper performance mode as you couldn't select the 5th slot.

My connections were JTV59 > HD500 (VDI) >send to Kemper > Kemper out (-18db) to HD500 Return, HD500 out to CLR. Kemper midi out to HD500. I used the Kemper Remote to select the Performance which then selected the patch on the HD500 with the corresponding JTV assignments. As it was a 4 cable method I could also use the extra effects in the HD500 or bypass the Kemper for the accoustic patches in the HD500. I could also use dual amps (Kemper and HD500) if required.