Posts by CaptainSqueaky

I changed cab on one of my rigs after upgrading to 1.7 PB. The amp part of the KPA froze alltogether. No sound. :|
    The input/output LEDs were dead off. Interacting with the browse knob and the display seemed to work as usual however.
    Cycling power fixed it.

Anyone else experienced this quirk?

I discussed the prospect of emulating acoustic feedback with Marc Gallo, the founder of the
    StudioDevil software modeler series. The discussion quickly entered around the core issue:
    to do this properly, one must emulate how your strings respond to acoustic energy and that is
    pretty hard to do.

With the profiler that may just be possible if the profiler could blueprint the
    behaviuor of the instrument during runaway feedback and pinch harmonics we would be able to
    use an internal feedback knob that represented the amount of energy coming from the speaker.

I have both generations of the Saffire, both the old white vertical box and the new 24 pro DSP. I like them
    mostly for the versatile mixing software that comes with them. But, in my opinion, the preamps does not
    measure up to the rest of the unit. I also have a Presonus FP10 which I think have a better and more transparant
    preamp. I think Focusrites purpose for the Saffire is to mainly act as a backend for the Octopre which has
    reputedly good preamps.

However, everything fell into place when I came across a used Focusrite Voicemaster pro platinum. I bought it for
    voice recording purposes but I soon discovered that the discrete class A preamp was simply great for guitar
    also. I have made a lot of recordings with this unit feeding my Saffire on line level and into the DAW. In the DAW
    i use the Studio Devil Amp Modeler Pro which is the best modeler software I've tried yet.

Of course this was before the KPA came along but I still use the Voicemaster for its brilliant preamp.

Hi,
    My first attempt to tune an existing amp/rig profile into something I like. I'm a huge fan of AC/DC and
    have spent a lot of time knob-turning on my previos modelers to get something that may pass for
    Malcoms or Angus tone. I think is relatively close to Angus comping sound, its not perfect but some
    of you may find it interesting.

When tweaking this tone I used a LP clone with quite hot Lundgren M6 passive pickups.

Ia took the profile named MARSHALL 1972 JMP made by Rob Shanahan and went to work.
    This is the result: AC/DC Comp guitar tone
    The original profile (by Rob Shanahan)

That maybe so. My 3 week experience of the KPA suggests that it may not be for everyone.
    For me its great but I like to fiddle and tinker with things (yes, you're right -I'm an engineer) 8o
    One of the things that maybe hard to understand for traditional users is tha the KPA
    introduces several new terms that are unknown to them and this falls outside their
    comfort zone. The KPA does require a fair amount of attention if you're gonna get
    your desired tone.

I think you have a bit more stuff than I... :D
    Two monitors are high up on my wishlist, I have one 28" now but when I fire up Reaper
    I realize that I am going to need anothero one soon.

I want it to Just be about the same in 10 years... if it ever gets too complicated it will just be another pain in the AZZ...

it sounds amazing, it's not a toy and I really get the feeling some people here miss the point a little

if we have to mic amps in our apartments just to get a decent guitar amp tone into out DAWS, I for one would be very Pizzed :!:

I know what you mean. I think no one wants a more complicated man/machine interface but actually makes it
    easier to use and helps you to become a better player.