Posts by Krok

Wow. Still don't understand the process but it sure turned out beautiful!

I'm curious, how does a chrome finish on wood age? Is it expected to be tolerant to temperature change cycles over the years or would you expect eventual cracking like nitro?

Regardless, first class job!

Normaly, it will no crack…we will see with time. 😁

That's stunning! How did you get the colour?

Thanks!

It’s a colored chrome based on a chrome process named « Cosmichrome ».

The color is like « titanium light » color.

-> first, the guitar is chromed normaly

-> second, color is applied (here light black to « darker » the Chrome at some areas)

-> coat is applied at différents steps between both

Result is a like a real mirror rendered but darker as Chrome…like Titanium.

for the Hardware parts, I have used the original « Cosmo Black » parts and give them a « raw /grey mat » finish using sanding paper.

Hi,

A quick presentation of my last custom project.

Like most of Ibanez JS Fan, I’m a long time fan of the iconic « Chromeboy »! 😎

I had a project in mind…not a « Chromeboy » accurate clone, but my custom personnal version of the « Chromeboy »…

That’s how born the « Titanboy »…a mix between Titanium and Chromium for my vision of Silver Surfer color. 😁

Color change depending of the light and the environment (grey to blue…)!😎

I draw a custom « Silver Surfer » « John Byrne version » on the back (to remember Joe’s album).

The guitar works like a Charm!

The project is on the basis of an Ibanez JS 1000 BTB (all original parts/pickups).

I have sandraw all the cosmo black hardware to give a more raw/mat feeling (not like a glossy Chrome).

Hope you will like this project!

Hello,

Back to the 80’s this WE (once again…:saint:) … but with a « cultissime » anime (for me).

I found a very bad backtrack (probably created with isolation of frequency like Riffstation can do) and attempt to record this cover with energy!

The result has some « phasy », like a « vintage tape recorder » we used with our « walkman »!! ^^

Hope you will enjoy!

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

<3 Bayou! Thanks a lot !

I don’t play it very often, but I have to admit that this 32 year old Universe still works like a charm and still sounds great ! :love:^^

Hi,

It's been a long time since I post something here...it's been a long time since I played guitar too...

But I take back my old UV77MC...and some magical and mystical happen...

Thanks Steve for this piece of art !

Thanks to Kemper to help to share the fun of music !

It's not perfect, for shure, it's not a 100% transcription...it's just my heart feeling and hearing of this wonderfull "poetry"...

...hope I success to share my feeling with you... :)

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.