Posts by Trazan

I want to sound like this:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Lovely sound. Kemper is the best...but there's still nothing like the real deal!

Like Michael says, with 24 bits there's absolutely no need to compress the signal going to disk. Keep a healthy headroom. Adding those 8 bits on top, a 16 bit master would peak at -48dB...

Compressing the signal being monitored is a good thing, but I would have chosen an audio interface with onboard processing to do that. I believe even some of the cheaper ones have that capability now.

Did you try listening through the same IEM's when connected at home? Or straight out of the Kemper for that matter. If it sounds good not going through the Behringer, I'd suspect something is going on within the X32. An insert, EQ or sumthin' in the chain...

If you will ONLY record through s/pdif, you don't need high end anything. You need s/pdif 8)

If you want to use it to record vocals, acoustic guitars etc...the RME UCX is wonderful. The onboard mixer with efx/processing is a godsend for live monitoring. The drivers are rock steady. Class compliance for use with iPad. You can play through it without connecting a computer.

All output volumes and Clean Sens on the input side are digital. Master Volume is just the master of all output volumes linked to it.

The Main Out -12dB PAD is partly digital (-6dB) and partly analog (-6dB).

The Clean Sense is digital levelling only? 8o I had no idea...I though it was an analog input trim, also hitting a limiter in front of the AD when going into red on the led?

I wasnt about to start messing with things i know nothing about,I always read about the disasters of ohm mismatch.To bad I didnt have someone like you with me,it sure would have helped.

Yeah, not a good idea with tube amps. At least not more than halving/doubling rated impedance. With solid state you can always go higher though, and as high as you want. You will only lose power.

Have no idea, but I liked the JTM1 sample the best.

Not sure about the umphh as I haven't played the Kemper in such a setting, but there are thing I still miss that I only get from some tube amps. The Kemper is the best I've tried so far, and I enjoy it very much, but it still can't clone every aspect of every type of tube amp behaviour.

Regarding speakers:
    There's two primary scenarios of harm:
    1) Those caused by frequencies outside the scope of a normal guitar.
    2) Those caused by excessive volume.

I don't quite follow that. There's a wattage limit to what the speaker can handle, regardless of frequency. Since the speaker in a combo should handle the output of the amp, it shouldn't matter what you put into it. Those tubes just can't put out more than the speaker can handle.

If this would harm amp or speaker, wouldn't you say there's something wrong with that combo in the first place? There's no limit to how far you can push a guitar combo, at least I've never heard of such a combo, and at that point the amp is way into distortion territory so whether it's a bass heavy signal or not shouldn't make any difference.

If anything gets destroyed in his new combo I'd claim warranty should cover that.