Posts by Axe41

You nut-swingers need to knock that shit off, if something doesn't work, IT DOESN'T WORK! Stop sugar coating it and lay it out how it is. :!:

I know, right? I point out something that isn't working properly and I get lectured on how awesome the Kemper is and how I should be grateful to even own such an amazing piece of gear. (Although it does got a little way in explaining why Kemper vs. Axe FX threads all seem to go nuclear at The Gear Page).

I'm not sure what definition of unusable some people are using but I know that my audience doesn't want to hear clicking every time I kick on my wah for a solo on the songs I play from Black Sabbath or Queens of the Stone Age.

And, for the record, I don't consider the pitch feature a "bonus" as I purchased the KPA after it was added to the feature set. In fact, it was a huge factor in my deciding to buy the Kemper because I use it so much. So I don;t think I'm complaining about something I didn't expect -- I'm complaining about a feature that was added by Kemper that doesn't work properly.

Cue the fanboys.

Please note I didn't say the whole device is unusable. I said it is unusable live for me with the clicks. If it's a big part of my live set, then yes, it is unusable live. Why is that so hard to understand?

I still think the Kemper's an amazing piece of gear. But if it can't do what I need it to do in a live situation, why would I continue to use it and not seek another solution?

I don't disagree the KPA is fantastic value for money.

But that wasn't my point. My point was that I paid a lot of money for something that is -- because of the clicking with pitch shift, gain and wah -- unusable live.

I've got them too. They disappear when I start playing.....EXCEPT if I'm using gain and the wah. In those conditions, the clicking won't stop.

I love my Kemper, but I have to say the clicking -- if not fixed -- is probably going to be a deal breaker for me. I use the transpose a great deal because I need several tunings for the sets I play. It's unusable with gain and the wah, which I also use a lot.

Pretty disappointing to pay close to two grand for a piece of gear and have this happen. I know if I paid this much for an amp and it clicked like this it would be going back. Hopefully they get it sorted out quickly, because I really want to keep the KPA.

Has anyone from Kemper addressed this publicly?

EDIT: There is one on the Rig Exchange. Type in 6534 in the search box.

PV 6534+ Lead
    Randall Iso
    Keary Jordan
    5.00 / 5.00

I hope so. I've had the pleasure of playing one for an extended period of time and they rock. The EL34s sound so good. I prefer them to the 6L6s in the 6505.

Hi gang.

I just uploaded six new profiles.

Marshall JVM 210H

CH1 Green
    CH1 Orange
    CH1 Red

CH2 Green
    CH2 Orange
    CH2 Red

They were recorded through a Saxon 4X12 with two Guitar Warehouse Speaker Invaders (Greenback clones) and two Guitar Warehouse Speakers Veteran 30s (Vintage 30 clones). Mics were a pair of SM57s miced close halfway between the centre and the edge of the cone.

I hope you enjoy them.

Hi all.

I just uploaded four new profiles of my Mesa Boogie Mini Rectifier: Clean, Pushed, Vintage and Modern.

They were profiled with a Saxon 4X12 cabinet with four Warehouse Guitar Speakers; two Invaders (Greenback clones) and two Veteran 30s (Vintage 30 clones). The mics were a pair of SM57s against the grillcloth and halfway between the centre and edge of the cone.

I hope you enjoy them.

[Blocked Image: http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa227/axe_34/IMG_6533_zps2d0cdfca.jpg]

Next up -- Marshall JVM 210H.

Still working on a comprehensive review with clips which I hope to get posted later this week.

LP > cranked Marshall JMP profile (wah on the solo is the Kemper's) > Marshall 1960A profile > Saffire Pro40 interface > Reaper

https://soundcloud.com/jasonba…ne1/sunshine-of-your-love

Recorded using headphones -- and no fucks were given by the wife. :thu:

I use the Behringer FCB1010 as my foot controller. The Boss FS-5U turns the tuner on and off and the Roland EV-5 controls the delay mix.

[Blocked Image: http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa227/axe_34/IMG_6727_zps62ab37c6.jpg]

Glad you liked them!

I've owned my fair share of amps -- both mass produced and boutique -- but there is something special about that Trinity. The owner Stephen is a great guy who builds rock-solid circuits with top-shelf components.

It was my second amp build and it's been my longest standing amp. I'm selling off all my amps save for it which I'll keep as a backup to the Kemper.

I'm looking forward to profiling the Mini-Rec. It has a lot of channel options:

Channel 1
    Clean 10 watts
    Clean 25 watts
    Pushed 10 watts
    Pushed 25 watts

Channel 2
    Vintage 10 watts
    Vintage 25 watts
    Modern 10 watts
    Modern 25 watts

I'm going to try to get those done this weekend.

Hi all.

I've added four new profiles to the Rig Exchange. They are profiles of my beloved Trinity 18-watt TMB (Treble, Middle, Bass) Marshall clone I built back in 2007 from a kit.

The Trinity 18 uses a pair of EL-84 output tubes, 3 12AX7 preamps and an EZ-81 rectifier. It is a cathode bias, class A/B all-tube design.

http://www.trinityamps.com/Trin18Over.htm

I think I did a pretty good job in capturing its spirit. Full cleans that take pedals well, along with two pushed profiles and one full bore OD profile.

The amp was played through a Saxon 4X12 slant front cabinet sporting 2 Guitar Warehouse Invaders (Greenback clones) and 2 Guitar Warehouse Veteran 30s (Celestion Vintage 30 clones) in an X pattern. I used two SM-57s miced right up against the grill, halfway between the centre and the cone edge.

I played a 2008 Gibson Les Paul Standard with Bareknuckle Mules while profiling.

I hope you enjoy them.

Next up will be a Mesa Boogie Mini-Rectifier and a Marshall JVM210H.

[Blocked Image: http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa227/axe_34/IMG_6551_zps1df59284.jpg]

*sigh*

Nevermind -- I found them. They were saved under 'My rigs'. I also didn't know you had to rename them twice. The proper name appears in the "chain" amp box above the main name but the main name box still contains the pre-profile amp's name.

This only serves to show how badly a librarian is needed. It is way too cumbersome to make and name profiles this way. I don't know how Andy has the patience for it. :)

Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to posting them after I've tweaked them a bit -- it's my Trinity 18-watt TMB clone that I built from a kit played through a Saxon 4X12 with 2 Guitar Warehouse Invaders and 2 Veteran 30s.

Hi all.

I gave profiling a whirl today. I was able to profile my amp and then refine it. I then pressed store followed by edit to change the name of the rig. When I pressed store again, it showed the name of the original rig that was there before I profiled.

That's the point where I run into trouble.

When I push 'Done" at that point and then go looking for the rig in the browser mode, it's not there.

When I push 'Store" at that point, it says "Stored!" but then it takes me back to the original rig and, once again, fails to save my profile.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it seems way more complicated than it needs to be. The manual and the wiki aren't any help either as they don't include step-by-step instructions on how to save a rig after you've profiled it.

Any help would be appreciated. I've lost 10 nicely profiled rigs trying to get this to work. My wife's had enough of the weird noises blasting from the basement.

I'm having all kinds of problems with mine.

I'm having a problem enabling stompbox mode with my FCB and the Uno chip. The instructions on the Uno site say to hold down 1 and 10 while powering up and then to release them. The countdown should start from 09.

When I do that, however, there's no countdown and it goes straight to 00 instead. Then, when I connect it to Ripwerx, the stompboxes aren't enabled.

And when I import a patch dump set for the Kemper (stomps on top row, patches on bottom), it doesn't work the way it should. All the buttons select different rigs, but none of them control the individual effects.

I've been working on this for about a week now and it's driving me nuts.

And I've read about a dozen different descriptions on how to enable stompbox mode.

Does anyone know the definitive way to enable it?

Ugh. Midi programing is so ridiculous. I feel like it's pre-Apollo mission software.

Anyhoo, I have the Uno chip and am able to enable the expanded memory, but when I try to follow these instructions (from http://www.voes.be/fcb1010/pdf…o%20ready%20for%20use.pdf)

2. Initialize Stompbox Mode:
    Switch off the board, and keep the 1 and 10 keys pressed while switching on again.
    After the display turns off completely, release the 2 switches.
    The display will stay off for a few more seconds, then countdown from 9 to 0 starts, the board is ready to use in
    stompbox mode.

all that happens is the display goes blank but when I release the 1 and 10 keys it only reads 00 -- there is no countdown from 9 like there was when I enabled the expanded memory.

When I start the midi software program, stompbox mode is not checked off.

I am able to send McRalfix's KPA sysex to the FCB (Upper row fixed Stompboxes A/B/C/X/Mod Lower Row Prog#1-96 ExpA=Vol ExpB=Wah) but none of the footswitches do what they're supposed to when I hook it up to the KPA. When I hit one of the lower footswitches switches 6, 7 and 8 light up and they all seem to call up random rigs.

Any ideas on what I may be doing wrong?

I'm using the E-mu Xmidi 1x1tab midi/usb cable.

Librarian yes, no word about an editor. No ETA has been (or will be) given, but is not on top of the list.

Thanks. I've had my Kemper for five days now and it's the best piece of gear I've purchased, hands down.

And here's the but....the naming of rigs is ridiculously cumbersome. I want all my rigs to have the same format -- Amp name - model - then any extra info ie. Fender Super Reverb clean or Marshall JVM410 OD1 red. Right now I've got hundreds of rigs with almost as many different formats.

It's a daunting task to go in and edit the ones I want to keep using dials and soft keys. It would be so much easier with a librarian. I'm not a programmer but I've used enough software-based amp sims that come with simple library systems (like Fender Fuse) to figure it can't be that difficult.

Or is there something I'm missing that would make such a basic yet essential feature so difficult to execute that it hasn't been done by now?

I can easily live without an editor -- editing rigs is extremely intuitive with the Kemper. It's the renaming of rigs that's seriously annoying.