still clicks in 1.8.2

• althugh I read someone got rid of them in the new release, I together with others still have clicks in the pitch shifting fx.

it behaves strangely though, as I always wrote: I find out they are there, open the volume a bit and strum some string, even softly, they are gone..........

to be honest, it doesn't bother me much since it is only audible with completly silence. when I play, the fx is just fine.

will try to do some addditional testing............

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• I've got them too. They disappear when I start playing.....EXCEPT if I'm using gain and the wah. In those conditions, the clicking won't stop.

I love my Kemper, but I have to say the clicking -- if not fixed -- is probably going to be a deal breaker for me. I use the transpose a great deal because I need several tunings for the sets I play. It's unusable with gain and the wah, which I also use a lot.

Pretty disappointing to pay close to two grand for a piece of gear and have this happen. I know if I paid this much for an amp and it clicked like this it would be going back. Hopefully they get it sorted out quickly, because I really want to keep the KPA.

Has anyone from Kemper addressed this publicly?

Edited once, last by Axe41 ().

• O c'mon, Axe..........you cannot be disappointed by hearing some clicking while you have a killer sound. :thumbup:

don't want to start a discussion here, but when I bought the kemper I did it because it had that killer tone I was looking for. the rest of the things, fx e so on, are complementary to the tone, not the main characters.

so, even if the clicks are sometimes audible, I can live with them until the team fixes them.

I said the following several times now, but if you buy a bogner head like the ecstasy you will pay 4 and a half grands and you don't even have a tiny delay on it.

guess the kemper inventor didn't want to put in the market a toy multi fx processor. instead I think the purpose was to give guitar players, even the most demanding ones (Lukather, Morse, and so on), a tool comparable to the others in the market of that category (tone).

ust my respectful two cents........

"...why being satisfied with an amp, as great as it can be, while you can have them all?" michael mellner

"Rock in Ecclesia" - new album on iTunes or Google music

• I don't disagree the KPA is fantastic value for money.

But that wasn't my point. My point was that I paid a lot of money for something that is -- because of the clicking with pitch shift, gain and wah -- unusable live.

• Cue the fanboys.

Please note I didn't say the whole device is unusable. I said it is unusable live for me with the clicks. If it's a big part of my live set, then yes, it is unusable live. Why is that so hard to understand?

I still think the Kemper's an amazing piece of gear. But if it can't do what I need it to do in a live situation, why would I continue to use it and not seek another solution?

• And, for the record, I don't consider the pitch feature a "bonus" as I purchased the KPA after it was added to the feature set. In fact, it was a huge factor in my deciding to buy the Kemper because I use it so much. So I don;t think I'm complaining about something I didn't expect -- I'm complaining about a feature that was added by Kemper that doesn't work properly.

• Haven't we been used to combine lots of gear to achieve the sound and effects we need for decades? Haven't we the same today, if we need to? If you need pitch effects but still are happy with the sound and other features of the KPA, couldn't you just find a pitch shifter that you like and put it in front of the KPA? I mean, seriously, the strength of the KPA is the amp profiling, the amazing reality of the amp sounds. You can't get this in any other gear in 2013, as long as you don't buy the "real" amps and cabinets ... and even then you'll still have to add your effects in some way.

If someone serves me some really good Spagghetti Bolognese, but for my taste some Parmigiano and some black pepper is missing, I'm free to add as much as I like. No reason at all to refuse the Spagghetti and go for a can of Ravioli. :D

PS: When you bought the KPA, the pitch shift effects still were in public beta. Of course it's not good to still have a problem after the release version was published. But still I think it's not valid to call it unusable. But that's just my own point of view, as always.

• I too can hear clicking with the pitch shifter (transpose) when there is complete silence. Need to fix this.

You nut-swingers need to knock that shit off, if something doesn't work, IT DOESN'T WORK! Stop sugar coating it and lay it out how it is. :!:

• You nut-swingers need to knock that shit off, if something doesn't work, IT DOESN'T WORK! Stop sugar coating it and lay it out how it is. :!:

I know, right? I point out something that isn't working properly and I get lectured on how awesome the Kemper is and how I should be grateful to even own such an amazing piece of gear. (Although it does got a little way in explaining why Kemper vs. Axe FX threads all seem to go nuclear at The Gear Page).

I'm not sure what definition of unusable some people are using but I know that my audience doesn't want to hear clicking every time I kick on my wah for a solo on the songs I play from Black Sabbath or Queens of the Stone Age.

• Go sell the KPA, if it's unusable for you and if you don't know how to fight noise with a simple Gate. It's just as simple as that.
    Of course the Pitch Shifter noise is nasty and CK should fix that. But if you're not patient enough for this to happen, use a Gate or sell the shit.

• Obviously, telling the dude to sell his non-functioning gear is a solution - but it also obviously isn't the best one, is it?

I don't know why some people around here refuse to acknowledge that you - we - paid money for this device.
    Snap out of it, fellas - we are not spoiled, we are not fortunate, we are people who have made a conscious choice to pay a lot of good money for a product based on it's specifications and features. If those specifications aren't accurate or the features aren't working, we're being screwed. It's that simple.

CK didn't put the pitch effects in because he's a good samaritan, he did it because he's running a business and it was a good way to gain leverage over the other products out in the market.
    He's doing it to convince you to buy his product.

All the above notwithstanding, fixing bugs takes time. 1.8.2 should still be in beta as reports of clicks have not been addressed and the team knows this.
    As such, the Kemper should not have been advertised as having pitch effects.

"But dignity is difficult to maintain
    stamina requires constant upkeep
    repetition is boring
    and you pay for grace."

• exactly, cool down a bit. fact is: i had the click a few hours ago, but played for 3 hours now and could not
    replicate. so far, so good? no! because the quality of the pitch effects is terrible to my ears ( i am on 1.8.2. just
    a few days and discover that part right now) . more than 3 half steps and it sounds terrible.
    and i cannot hear the octave if i want to. ???? same problem somewhere else? this way live indeed is not possible.

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• exactly, cool down a bit. fact is: i had the click a few hours ago, but played for 3 hours now and could not
    replicate. so far, so good? no! because the quality of the pitch effects is terrible to my ears ( i am on 1.8.2. just
    a few days and discover that part right now) . more than 3 half steps and it sounds terrible.
    and i cannot hear the octave if i want to. ???? same problem somewhere else? this way live indeed is not possible.

Now this I don't agree with. Are you double sure you are not hearing the physical strings on the guitar? Turn your amplification up to the point you cannot hear the strings vibrating and see if you hear problems. I do not on my Kemper. Matter of fact, the transpose effect is the best I have ever experienced.. I can actually play detuned and not sound odd.

• I record using transpose to c standard and it sounds pretty incredible considering. I'm still getting my head around how it works (but know explanations please :) )

Although I do get some clicking still and lag if I use the smooth chords box. I would probably be a little skeptical to use live but as I said I can't believe it's possible to this accurate.

• no this gets weird. i do not have clicks, but the quality of recording is below KPA level and the latency drives me nuts.
    this way i cant use it, i like to be exactly on the beat, every millisecond counts there, i can measure it, if you want to, but
    you can believe me. with you it seems to be almost vice versa ?(

My occupation: showing teenagers the many hidden secrets of the A-minor chord on the guitar.

• All I care about is that the KPA team know about these clicks and are working on a fix. I did tonite lose the sound from my KPA when tracking and had to turn it off and on again. So I'm downgrading back to 1.7 as for me this was the most stable. The clicks and bugs haven't once made me think about selling the KPA because its the best piece of kit I've ever purchased.