Posts by Greg

The benefit of FRFR for many guitarists, that don't have good monitors with a good space in which to monitor, is that you can tweak your rig to make it sound good FOH.

They aren't as 'fun' to play through as a thumping cabinet moving lots of air - but for me, the crowd and what they hear (all 6 of them) are more important than me :)

But as a previous poster mentioned...if I was just starting the journey now...I'd wait to see what the Kemper proprietary cabinet is like.

Cheers,

Greg

I don't see a problem either with having circular knob controls.

Having the option to set a value with the keyboard might be useful though (maybe by double clicking on the number below the knob icon.

+1 for being able to type the numeric value into a box below the knob/fader whatever...

Though I have no need for the Kemper cabinet, Ive decided I'm going to buy one.

Just because Kemper has given me more value from my initial purchase than any other piece of gear I have ever owned...and for the first time in my life, I feel like I need to give something back to a company.

CK could have rinsed us for every update and charged us for it like AVID do, and he hasn't...even though 90% of us would have paid...or signed up to a subscription model...

Kemper's business model is unbelievably customer focussed and has made me incredibly loyal and proud to be a Kemperite!

Just watched the video linked here earlier...

Seems to be some confusion regarding what FRFR means...

Each FR in that phrase means two entirely different things.

Lots of speakers are FR...with an incredibly wide range...

Few speakers are the 2nd FR....with a flat response.

Ah, but that’s not suffering. It's a feature only present (to this extent) in 4x12" constructions.

And if one of the Kemper/Celestion speakers behaves like model x it will interact with other speakers behaving like model x the same way.

It seems that the 4x12" lovers can not only have the cake now but eat it, too (when slamming 4 of these speakers in a cab, that is).

That was my thought too...

Hopefully it should be no different to putting a quad of v30s, or greenbacks or lynchbacks or evhs or whatevers into your current cabinet...if each speaker receives individual dsp correction - the interactions should be 'a 4x12' experience.

Totally agree.

I bought CLRs, which is nowhere near as nice to play through as a cabinet (thump etc - all the cool stuff), but I would rather sacrifice my 'pleasure', to be sure that a signal I send to FOH is bang on.

For a fatter clean rhythm sound (single notes and chords) a really short 20 to 50ms delay can really help notes seem fatter and bloom a bit more.

Sometimes for solos, especially if you play percussive rakes unto your note, you need to lose some low end from your delay - so cut the low in the delay parameters, and often the top end of the delay can interfere with the actual notes you are playing, so cut the highs.

I find this gives a fuller sound than ducking - but setting the ducking to 0.5 can really help clarity.

Hope this helps!

If it is the VH4 one from a well respected seller, I have it...and it can sound a lot like that component of his sound...until my right hand lets me down big time!

OP: I would be happy for you to send me a profile you are using, tweak it, and then send it back.

So you can see what has been done to it, and then apply it as at least a starting point to your other profiles.

Cheers,

Greg

When I try and add a cabinet (from those I have within the Kemper) to a direct amp profile, it doesn't sound great.

When I play a direct amp profile through an actual cabinet, it sounds so much better than a merged profile with the virtual cabinet turned off, running through a cabinet.

Dunno why...but it does :)

I do simple maintenance such as truss rod adjustment, setting up action and intonation, etc. but I draw the line at dressing frets or filing nuts because I'm just not good at that sort of thing.

That said, different people have different talents. Personally, my friends encourage me to avoid power tools and sharp objects due to spontaneous bouts of unbridled enthusiasm, but some people just naturally have a feel for such things. They have the instinct and touch to just watch a YouTube video and fall right into the groove.

Of course, if I had a 100K+ LP, I wouldn't be worried about a G-string problem. I'd be looking for the escape hatch since I clearly would have woken up in an alternate reality. :)

I used to work as an electrician, and sometimes people would call me out to change a light bulb - seriously.

If it was an old lady, then I would ask her for a cup of tea and a couple of biscuits as payment.

If it was some millennial douchebag, that was struggling because they couldn't find an iPhone app on changing lightbulbs then 80 quid callout for 5 seconds work.

I might put grey dye in my hair and wear my granddad's clothes next time I go to a luthier. Worth a try.