Posts by Foresten

• If you want to change strings, don't do it right before the gig. Chances are you spend half of the gig tuning.
    • Make sure you hear yourself everywhere on stage. It's really annoying when you run over to the bassmans side to do a guitar battle and suddenly find that you don't hear what you're playing.
    • Don't worry too much. Just get on stage and have fun. If you have, the audience will have, too.
    • Of course, there are always some guys from the "musician's police" who hear every mistaken note and can play everything better. Simply forget them. Believe me, most of the audience doesn't realize it. As already said, they come to have fun.
    • Be prepared that your drummer and bassman will play double the tempo they usually do :/
    • And remember Syre's tips, they are really essential :P

If you didn't sign up for Early Bird status, then your ETA will be whatever the estimated shipping time was as stated in the webshop when you ordered. Eg. if it said 105 days when ordered on 21st January, you'll have to count 105 days from that date. As far as I am aware, only Early Birds have gotten a concrete shipping date estimate aside from that. Hope that helps.

Cherubs,
    Sam

Well, I'm afraid it's not that way. I ordered on Jan 17th with order number 3447115. The shop said something around 70 days delivery time then, that would have been nearly 3 weeks ago.
    I'm not a big poster in this forum, but I read it nearly every day. Except during the EB signup period because I was off for work then without Internet access.
    Of course I cannot blame anybody for that, but still it is kind of disappointing to see that orders placed later than mine are already fulfilled, only because someone put an email way before the real order. Even worse for guys that did already pay via PayPal.
    I'm aware that Kemper can't give an exact shipping date, but a bit more than something like "You're not on the early bird list, we can't give you an estimated date" would have been a nice answer from sales support.

If it is not possible to leave the choice to the user which mode to use, then please leave it as it is.
    Performance mode was originally thought to be used as a "per song" mode, wasn't it?
    And for this purpose it would be more useful to start each performance and hence each song with slot 1.

I want to leave a short message about the customer service of Atomic Amps.

About one weak ago my active CLR wedge unfortunately died during rehearsal. Started with a hissing sound and ended up with no sound at all. Well, sad that this happened anyway. And I still hope that the reason was only a wedge "produced on Monday" and not a fault in construction.

But how good to know that you have a perfect customer service in these cases.
    Although being on the road Tom King replied immediately and he really did everything to help me as soon and uncomplicated as possible.
    So it took only about a week until the spare part arrived in Germany via FedEx, self-repair was easy and I luckily have my CLR up and running again.

Just wanted to spread the word, because Tom's great customer service really deserves it.

I'm using the uno4kemper.

That Uno4Kemper is your problem, Skyhighrocks.

I haven't tried 2.3 by myself, but from reading the info about the new firmware it seems you have to keep the switch pressed, which you assigned to the delay function, until the tempo is recognized by the KPA.

And you will not achieve this with the Uno4Kemper, because it goes into programming mode when you keep a switch pressed for more than 3 (?) seconds (from my feeling it is even shorter). This is the one thing about this PROM I really dislike: I had the situation more than once, that I pressed a switch a bit too long and suddenly was in programming mode. Tapping a button again suddenly assigned a completely different function to that switch. The first time this happened I thought the FCB or even KPA had died, because my Reverb and my Delay switch on the board both switched the Delay on/off, but there was no way to switch the Reverb :huh:
    Took me some time to find the reason for this.

So, I'm afraid that this function will not work with the Uno4Kemper unless Xavier releases a new version, where you have to press a switch for a (much) longer time to go into programming mode or where you have to press two switches simultaneously to go there.

Also frustrating for me, I just recently (some weeks ago) ordered the latest version to replace the older one because of the better pedal support. I didn't even find the time to install it, and it seems, I would still have to buy another one again to use this new tap function.

As I also have a EurekaProm and this seems to work according to lightbox's post, I guess I will go on with this one (which also means: get used to it after having used and being used to the Uno4Kemper).

Hey guys,

thanks for your detailed answers, really appreciated.

Now I know I have to go after that vintage G12M25 stuff ;( (starting to save big amount of money again). But hey: As long as I use Andy's rigs with my CLR, I have them speakers at my hand :D

About that vintage stuff: Some is good, some ain't. I own a 1960 Strat and really really love it, but I also have a 1974 Telecaster Custom I found rather cheap some years ago, and it can only serve me as wall decoration.

Of course, talking about girls in that context: Vintage is not AAA here. Although, I even remember older women, that ... naaah, let's stop here :whistling: (Hopefully we have only male Kemper users around here)

Thanks Guitartone for trying to help.

And thanks to the others for the "kind" words. Sometimes I really wonder, if reposters are actually reading posts ;)

Yes, I can read, and I do from time to time. But obviously I am unable to express my thoughts clear enough so people understand what I mean. :S

And please don't get me wrong for "kicking back", I also dislike people asking questions that could easily be answered by having a look into a well written manual. ;)

I know the option on page 3 of the output menu, but this will not really help me. The thing I'm talking about is: When I put "CabSim off" there, this affects the monitor output (jack) and the speaker output (jack) of the powered KPA. And I would love to control the CabSim function for these two output options/jacks separately. I want to go from the monitor out to the CLR with "CabSim on" and from the poweramp output to the 2x12 box with "CabSim off".

Of course I could turn CabSim off on page 3 to go from the power speaker output into my 2x12 cabinet without CabSim, let the monitor output jack unused (which had CabSim off now, too, if I used it) and go from the main outs (left or right) to the CLR with CabSim (automatically) on.
    But this might cause trouble with rigs designed for stereo FOH, as I might partially only hear one channel on the wedge. Or I would set these main outputs to Mono Signal - and would shurely forget to set it back to stereo before the next bigger gig with FOH/PA. Would be much easier to have this option to set "CabSim on" for the monitor out (into the CLR) and "CabSim off" for the poweramp output (into the 2x12 cab) separately.

I'm aware that this is an "exotic" mix to have a cab/box and a wedge simultaneously, but I guess it is not that bad for the purposes I described in my first post.

So, if I missed something in the manual(s) : Please give me a hint where to find it. Sure could be, because I have to admit: Although having read them manuals several times, the KPA still bears a lot of secrets for me. Maybe it's too much for a guy who has played only "real" amps and stomp boxes for over 30 years!?

If there is no such option, I would like Kemper to put this on the wish list.

Does anybody know, which speakers where exactly used in the TAF Marshall pack?

The Readme says cabs with GH25/GH30/V30, but I can't find any info on the web about the GH25. Does anybody know, which speaker that is exactly or by what is was replaced (assumed that it is an old vintage type)?

The rigs with Cab 1 (GH25) simply blow me away. I have owned a Marshall 4x12 with GT12-75 for a long time but never really liked it, somehow something is always missing for me. So I bought a H&K 4x12 with V30 some years ago, which I like even less. Too dark and dull for my taste. I built a 2x12 by myself and put two of the V30 in it, but still not what I'm after.

So, if I could find these GH25 for my 2x12 in conjunction with the Kemper and my CLR wedge, I might after more than 30 years have found my Holy Grail :P

I guess: Nowadays better forget it!

In the late 90s I brought a vintage Strat from Texas - well, that was way before 911.
    They let me take it as cabin luggage from Dallas to London, but British Airways refused that for the way from London via Zürich (really) to Frankfurt. So I was afraid the pickups might take damage because of the temperature differences in the cargo room (even bigger problem for the whole way from the States, of course). I'm rather sure it will be hard nowadays to take a guitar as cabin luggage.

In Frankfurt I was lucky that day. We arrived late in the night, so there were only very few guys there from the customs department, and I guess they were tired or something. Or maybe it was, because I looked like a Texan guitar-hero (Cowboy hat, boot, vest etc. 8) )? Anyway, I simply went through the gate "nothing to declare" and nobody asked me. :D

On the other hand: Two weeks ago I received my Eurekaprom for the FCB1010 from the States, and I had to pick it up from the customs. There was no invoice on the outside of the envelope and they were too dull to read the given data from the label. That cost me 5 EUR and something import fee and, even worse, 1 hour of my time only there (without driving time).
    My mistake, I should have known better. Some years ago I made the mistake to order different guitar parts from Stewart McDonald, including pearl inlay blanks, special screws, wood oil and some more "exotic" things. They really tried to declare each single screw separately (different length, different material). I still remember that this cost me not only money, but also more than 5 hours of my time :cursing:

So, if you want to bring a guitar with you anyway: Have a perfect invoice from the seller ready and be prepared to spend some time at the customs and to pay about 20% import and managing fee.

At the present state the cabsim on/off affects both at the same time, the monitor out and the power amp out (at the power head).

In our rehearsal room I use a 2x12 cab for the band and a CLR for me simultaneously, which would also be an option for smaller venues without FOH.

I would really like to have the possibility to have cabsim on for my CLR on monitor out and at the same time have it off for the poweramp out into my 2x12.

This "who has the best..." might start a big discussion again ;)
    I personally would go and try with stuff from The Amp Factory. May Sound a bit pathetic, but for me they nearly have the best for everything.
    I also bought some rigs/packs from some of the other sources represented in this forum, but (those guys please excuse me) most of them are gone again.
    Nearly every rig in my Kemper now shows AND44 as the author and I'm happy with it.

Got a step further by myself 8)

The "Slot Enabled" option only seems to be there for slots 2-5, not for slot 1 (but I still don't really know what that option is good for).

About the slot names I found that you can rename them via soft button "Arrange Slots" -> "Rename Slots" -> "Use Rig Names" and hitting the store button 4 times. Sure it is ok that they are not automatically updated when changing an existing performance (e.g. you call your slots "Intro", "Bridge", "Solo"... and Solo would suddenly be replaced by an amp name, because you switch to another amp for that part of the song).

But for a new rig I would prefer, that the rig name would be used for the slot name.

And I would wish for some wider and clearer information about performance mode in the manual. The basic manual points to the reference manual for that, but I can't find any information there (latest manual version 2.1). :(

--- updated ---
    Found some more info in the 2.1 Addendum, but it's confusing to have to look into three different manuals and hope to find something ;(

Hi all,

I've got a problem with the slot names in performance mode:

Just tried to build my first performance with Andy's JCM800. I use his DM+ profile, which I renamed to JCM800 DM+ in browser mode. Then I switched to performance mode, selected this profile for slot 1 and saved the performance as "JCM800 Performance".

Then I did the same thing for slot 2, raised the volume there (for solos) and saved again.

Strange thing is: The slots work, I can switch between them with my FCB1010 (Uno4Kemper) and the rig name in the lower part of the display is right. But the names in the 5 slots in the upper part of the display are wrong.

The first one says "=A-Bassman...", the second slot says "Initialized rig". Even stranger: With the second slot selected the upper right soft switch is lighted and gives me an option "Slot Enabled", which is missing when I switch to slot 1 in this performance.

What is the reason (and meaning) for that "Slot Enabled" being there only in one slot? And why don't the names in the slots match the selected rig names?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks