Posts by carsnguitars58

Here's been my progression over the years

• Mesa Heartbreaker / G Major / (2) G Flex cabs =>
    • Johnson Millennium Combo =>
    • Johnson Millennium Head / Mesa 2020 / J12 / (2) G Flex cabs =>
    • Johnson J Station / Mesa 2020 / J12 / (2) G Flex cabs =>
    • Mesa DC3 / G Major / (2) G Flex cabs =>
    • Mesa F50 / G Major / (2) G Flex cabs =>
    • Mesa Triaxis / Randall RT 2-50 / G Major / (2) Mesa 4x12's => ** My old time favorite**
    • Genz Benz El Diablo 60 / G Major / (2) G Flex Cabs =>
    • Mesa Express 5:50 Combo / G Major / G Flex Cab =>
    • Egnater Renegade / G Major / (2) G Flex Cabs =>

Kemper / DXR10 / Remote Ahhhhhhh! ^^
    "What a long strange trip it's been"

@okstrat - Well said...

Another point I've really grown to admire is how Kemper continually improves it's basic technology model.

For us end users, the sound(s) we originally invested in only get crisper and more functional as time goes on. Think about it, when was the last time you invested in something which only later improves via no cost upgrades! Surely beats the heck out of the otherwise cap and tube deterioration of old.

@Section8 - That's fine...
    Glad you found something that meets your needs.

FWIW - (I failed to mention this before) the clasps, locks and hinges work very well on the ProTec board.
    This may still be a consideration some others may have.
    Granted other cases may be more road worthy, but IMO the quality is a reasonable concession to the price point.

How do you find the build quality on that Protec board?

Yes, I have done this before when building custom pedal risers. Mounting it with screws is appealing, as well. That Protec board looks as if it would have suited my needs, as well, since I'm not doing a lot of flying gigs.

@ Section8 - Sorry, I missed your ProTec quality question before.
    I'm very pleased with the quality and (if I'm correct) the case came with a 5 year warranty.
    I'm more stoked about how I discovered how to enclose/place the components inside.
    Using this foam keeps everything snug and organized while retaining the option for easy removal should I ever have to down the road.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24636812

It sounds like I'm too late getting back with you, but hope your end selection works well for you.

During my quest for a P90 guitar, I was fortunate enough to discover a fellow band-mate of mine having a PRS SE II soapbar kicking around.

After trying it, I couldn't give the amount he was asking for it fast enough.

These PRS SE's are truly an understated and sonic-ly perfect little gem.
    My best analogy of how this performs: A guitar version of the Fender Champ.
    (Designed primarily for student use, yet remains true-to-tone whichever setting you happen to be using)

Whether it's due to the patented bridge, the flat neck, specially designed vol & tone pots or the P 90's, this baby just seems to have it.

I can't explain why I never tried one these before, but it feels better in my hands than the PRS Custom I once had.

This is by far PRS's little secret and I would highly recommend anyone interested try one out for themselves.
    (Just keep it between us) ;)

First off - Congratulations and welcome.
    Secondly - You're now in a new league of sound and I would only echo Ingolf's previous comments.

Some here (like me ^^ ) treasure the benefits of a quality FRFR cabinet.
    Others still prefer their "thump" from a traditional cab.

You'll of coarse need to decide which will suit your best interests.

Beyond the DXR10's, Atomic CLR's etc., Mission Engineering now offers a Gemini 1 powered amp that kind of caught my eye.

Still, if you're at all inclined towards an FRFR solution, it's hard to beat Yamaha's DXR10 as a good bang-for-the-buck alternative.

Just an obvious observation I have for so long taken for granted.
    So, if this has been otherwise commented on, redundant and somehow I missed it, I'll apologize here.

Beyond all the control functions, features and tonality Kemper offers, it's simply a genuine pleasure to come away from a gig/practice without the proverbial "Ear Bleed"

I now get comments all time from band mates and our audience alike of how we deliver the "tone vibe" without our ears ringing the next day.

Can we blast? Of coarse. But (to me) it's just so cool being able to drive to those sweet spot tones minus the stadium volumes.

Again, this'll be obvious to most here, but I believe really needs to be mentioned.

None of us have any certainly of all the facts to answer with any authority, but I'll take a stab at your question as a best hunch/guess. Not to sound coy, but I expect it all comes down to supply and demand.

Consider the following:
    1. When the remote was initially released there was (and still perhaps is) a huge demand to supply all the interested customers.
    2. Let's say X represents how many Kemper units have already been sold. (Globally)
    3. Let's also say Y represents Kemper owners (as well as any added new customers) interested in the remote. (Many of us here were initially offered an incentive to buy ahead of vendor option purchasing)

Business-wise Kemper has to estimate the proper level of resources needed in order to meet all phases of a bell curve in it's manufacturing/assembly of the Remote.
    i.e. initial, mass production & it's subsequent waning phases

I suspect you've somewhat answered a portion of your own question with the observation that delay periods are now improving as of late.
    So, it could very likely be the aforementioned bell curve is now leaning towards balanced satisfaction of customer demand. (And might even improve going forward)

If this wasn't managed as such, (either now or later) too many resources would then need to be released in practical excess of the customer demand of the product.

There also could be external constraints (parts etc) which Kemper may have no scheduling control over.

Just my take on it.

Ask me today and you'll get one answer. Ask me tomorrow and it will be something different. That's why I bought a KPA!

Too right! Kind of an unfair question. There should at least be (2) selections and just take the bullet. LOL

However, if I only had one, I have to go with rmpacheco's Morgan AC20 selection as well.
    (A near second for me would be JHL's, AC30 & Twin)

Either of these profiles offer me terrific tones across the board with only gain changes.
    (Sticking to the one choice constraint)

Interestingly (due to backups and such) I have several versions of the AC20 and the oldest one I have (dated 4-15-2012) oddly enough sounds a tad better than what's available on RigMaster today.

I checked and all the profile details report being the same.
    Clean & Distortion sense are also defaulted.
    I then reckoned this against any kind of "placebo" thing, but sure enough, this version simply seems to Rock a little bit better. Go figure. :/

I re-read what I initially posted and thought I'd try to explain the idea I was trying to express in another way.

Step one - (Browser Mode) Categorize & Rename any given profile using a preceding numeric "header" for quick access.
    1,2,3,4,5 etc. (You select whichever categories to assign using this approach)

example:

Browser Legend
    $ = Song Selections
    1 = Acoustic
    2 = Clean
    3 = Clean Plus (Think dirty clean with headroom)
    4 = Crunch
    5 = Driven

Step two - (Performance Mode) I use the 5 available bands allowing a combination of either guitar specific or category based profile selections.
    (I like to think I'm savvy enough to associate which number relating to which category) ;)

Performance Legend
    1 = 1A Acoustic, 1B Clean, 1C Clean Plus, 1D Crunch, 1E Driven (Clean Guitar with Piezo)
    2 = 2A Clean1, 2B Clean2, 2C Clean Plus, 2D Crunch, 2E Driven (Dirty Guitar)

3 = Acoustic
    4 = Clean
    5 = Clean Plus
    6 = Crunch
    7 = Crunch 2 (Too many favorites here for me to limit to just 5 selections)
    8 = Driven

and so on...

This approach allows me logical and fast access to the choice selections in both Browser and Performance modes which inspire my interests.

You know, one of the hardest issue I find with the Kemper is being able to narrow down a selection of favorites. (But what a great problem to have)

I resolved to categorize my settings into (5) performance type bands of: Acoustic, Clean, Clean Plus, Crunch, Driven

Fair enough...
    But for years I struggled with a naming standard where I could quickly zoom through selections in either browser or in Profile modes.
    At the time, I was using an: AC, CL, CL+, CR, DR profile naming standard. (I also use $ for specific Song Selection favorites)

But the issue I kept running into was CL, CL+ & CR would always get (alphabetically) consolidated making searching/selecting very tedious.

Then Eureka! It dawned on me to just go with a 1,2,3,4,5 standard for my category selections.

Legend:
    1 = Acoustic
    2 = Clean
    3 = Clean Plus (Think dirty clean with headroom)
    4 = Crunch
    5 = Crunch 2 (Too many favorites here) :/
    6 = Driven

As fundamental and as simple as this approach is, it's made my life so much easier for quick selections. (especially in performance mode)

This sure helped me. Hope it helps someone else. ;)

Any TRS equipped expression pedal should work.
    I love my Dunlop DVP-3's.

Ditto above! But I can't resist getting ahead a little bit.

Since the OP mentioned pedals, I highly suspect the next step/inclination will be the need of a controller case to make toting everything along easier.

I have a Jetstream with 3 P90's (which of course are not humbuckers).
    The control makes the sound change from fat and low mid heavy to lean. But in my experience it is still way more subtle than a classic coil tap.
    I will say I haven't experienced the bass contour circuit with classic HB's though.

@Ingolf - I actually have my eye on a Reverend Jetstream.
    Gassing a little for a P90 sound I suppose.
    Not to hi-jack this thread, but can I ask what the neck profile would compare to? Thx much

Reading this thread (and not trying to sound like a chameleon) I follow all the points and opinions discussed so far.

My take on it is the Kemper is simply (and marvelously) a magnifier of our most favorite/coveted tones.

So whether we drive our sound through any particular guitar, it will faithfully as possible deliver that selected tone as captured. The better the instrument you use, the better the result.

Beyond that, some profiles I've discovered also have that unique characteristic of sounding great across the guitar spectrum. Albeit Fender, Strat, etc. Which only makes life all the better for us. ;)

So, IMO it's not a pick up selection or other guitar components per say, but the overall quality of the instrument your playing (as well as your fingers) which are being magnified through your favorite profile giving you that "holy grail" tone.

My 2 cents

I ordered mine April 1st and it was delivered to my door (in Virginia, U.S.A.) by July 28th.........which coincidentally is my birthday. :thumbup:

Wow! This is the third such B-day delivery occurrence.
    Got to wonder whether marketing is timing these deliveries like this, where they can.
    Or simply whether it's just our pleasant fortune.

At any rate, these are a truly quality accessory to our Kemper's to be sure.
    Enjoy!