Show us how your Remote will be used :)

• When I used my pedal board, I used very long and strong cable ties I bought at Harbor Freight. It worked great.
    Now, I only use the Remote by itself with a couple of expression pedals.

[Blocked Image: http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n94/1hch1/FullSizeRender_zps0toblru9.jpg]

The key to everything is patience.
    You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.
    -- Arnold H. Glasow

If it doesn't produce results, don't do it.

-- Me

• I only use the Remote by itself with a couple of expression pedals.

I went that simple route also - I just plop my Remote and 1 EXP pedal on the stage and I'm good, no more pedalboard for me.

Yes, @geese.com - please PM me - I'll make you a very nice deal, it's perfect for your needs I believe.

Gary ô¿ô

• I've packaged up my second pedal board to return. Ordered #3 from a 3rd company. The other two were like shoes that didn't quite fit right. Hopefully "3rd time is the charm".

This one is just about the right size, just a skoshe oversized, and has a compartment to conceal cabling (will probably store Ethercon remote cable in there while transporting, as well). Having a hole drilled in the left side to install Neutrik Ethercon jack, which I will permanently patch to the remote in the cavity under the board. This one is like my old SKB powered board... set it on the floor, take the lid off, plug Ethercon into Kemper and off to the races! Now I have to wait for it, heh.

Link:

http://www.pedalpad.com/produc…27578297/category=6472051

• If anyone's looking for a soft case for their Remote and 1 EXP pedal, a simple setup like I use - look into Pedaltrain Mini case - the Remote fits like a glove (including ethernet cable), and the pedal goes into the auxiliary zippered pouch.

Gary ô¿ô

• How do you find the build quality on that Protec board?

Yes, I have done this before when building custom pedal risers. Mounting it with screws is appealing, as well. That Protec board looks as if it would have suited my needs, as well, since I'm not doing a lot of flying gigs.

@ Section8 - Sorry, I missed your ProTec quality question before.
    I'm very pleased with the quality and (if I'm correct) the case came with a 5 year warranty.
    I'm more stoked about how I discovered how to enclose/place the components inside.
    Using this foam keeps everything snug and organized while retaining the option for easy removal should I ever have to down the road.

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24636812

It sounds like I'm too late getting back with you, but hope your end selection works well for you.

Happy Kemper

• @carsnguitars58 Thanks for the reply. It became a toss-up between the Protec and Pedal Pad. The price point on the Protec and simplicity was appealing, as was the lighter weight. I have never had an angled board before, and wanted to try that, so the pedal pad won out.

• @Section8 - That's fine...
    Glad you found something that meets your needs.

FWIW - (I failed to mention this before) the clasps, locks and hinges work very well on the ProTec board.
    This may still be a consideration some others may have.
    Granted other cases may be more road worthy, but IMO the quality is a reasonable concession to the price point.

Happy Kemper

• Exactly, the Remote is supposed to do this later. ATM you need to connect the Boss switch directly to the Kemper and assign its function from the system menu.

Has this been sorted in the current FW ? And if so, how do you allocate a Kemper Remote switch (effect) to a momentary external (non-)latching switch such as the Boss FS-5 or FS6 ?

(Anyone?)

CURRENT:
    (FLOOR) Kemper Remote w/ Mission exp + EB VP
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Has this been sorted in the current FW ? And if so, how do you allocate a Kemper Remote switch (effect) to a momentary external (non-)latching switch such as the Boss FS-5 or FS6 ?

Yes, you can do this now. The allocation procedure is exactly like the one you do when connecting a switch directly to the Kemper back.

• In the system menu...? I still need to calibrate my vol pedal too haha! Will get on to those simultaneously!!

Is it possible to assign 2 FX (eg. Reverb and delay) to the single non-latching Boss switch (FS-5U) like you could to a button on the Kemper Remote or would I need to get the FS-6 and assign 1 FX to each pedal ?

Cheers

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• In the system menu...? I still need to calibrate my vol pedal too haha! Will get on to those simultaneously!!

Is it possible to assign 2 FX (eg. Reverb and delay) to the single non-latching Boss switch (FS-5U) like you could to a button on the Kemper Remote or would I need to get the FS-6 and assign 1 FX to each pedal ?

Cheers

You can assign more than one but contrary to the Remote it's not freely assignable. Look up the menu to see what conbinations are available.

• If anyone's looking for a soft case for their Remote and 1 EXP pedal, a simple setup like I use - look into Pedaltrain Mini case - the Remote fits like a glove (including ethernet cable), and the pedal goes into the auxiliary zippered pouch.

Hi prsgary,
    I'm looking for a very easy and small set up for my remote e 1 dvp3.
    have you got any photos of yours? It would be fantastic!
    Many tnx
    Stefano

Edited once, last by Steluke ().

• Does anyone own a BOSS FS-6 or FS-5U ? Got a couple questions before I decide which to purchase to go with the remote.....! Would be much appreciated, thanks!

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• You can assign more than one but contrary to the Remote it's not freely assignable. Look up the menu to see what conbinations are available.

Thanks for the headsup! I'm just looking at System page 5/12 at the moment on the (previous) firmware still (will upgrade soon...) and the pedal options are actually pretty limited!

Currently, I have my Mission exp pedal in PEDAL 4 and my Ernie Ball Volume Pedal in PEDAL 3 - purely because the length and shape of the cables connecting them work well this way! Now, I never bothered assigning them, as when I plugged them in and started playing they worked as I intended (aside from the issue of the VP acting strangely - perhaps needs calibrating) but looking at this page 5/12 it says PEDAL 3 is volume (fine) but PEDAL 4 is wahwah (and there isn't an option for EXP like there is on page 6/12 with PEDAL 1 or PEDAL 2....)

Moreover, I just pressed the soft button above PEDAL 3 Init and it went from a dark blank to un-blanked -- what does this mean ? That I have initialised the pedal (perhaps this was the issue rather than calibration?)

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack

• Ok so "initialisng" the pedal with the soft button didn't seem to make any difference at last rehearsal ....! Is anyone able to help with the above? I'm not ready to upgrade my FW just yet and need to know whether I'd be better off with an FS-5U or FS-6 !

Thanks in advance....

CURRENT:
    (RACK) Kemper PowerRack