Posts by ewrath2

My ex bandmate plays bass in Prong. He sent my a picture of their touring rig for the Germany tour. The bass and Tom's guitar each are using a power rack and they each have one as a backup all in one roadcase. Exodus are on the tour and they are also using Kemper poweracks.

I sold Tommy my FCB 101 a while back ... seems like he's getting some good use out of it!

I've got a question!

Using this method, when the toe is forward, the volume will on max (say I have 5bd sweep between min/max), then will it stay at max when toe switch is clicked and wah wah commences? Then when you switch wah off, again vol will be at max until you bring heel back?

I'm just presuming this is the case since if sweep starting point was 0db at start there would be no sound when you went to wah - but can't seem to confirm this aspect. Anyway Mission pedal is on way so I'll know soon enough, I guess!

manual is vague, not sure what "flat' means:

If "WahPedal >Volume" is selected, those two functions are mutually exclusive. As soon as a Wah effect is active, the Wah Pedal controls this Wah effect, while volume stays flat. As soon as there is no Wah effect in the current Rig, or the Wah effect is switched off, the Wah Pedal controls volume.

Thanks! Playing two gigs this weekend.... the KPA is the best live rig ever!

To clarify my expected function: I would like to be able to use the Vol, sweep it (to down) to my max boost, press switch to activate the Wah (hopefully while still at max Vol. wah wah for a bit, the reverse to turn of Wah, then sweep Vol back to rhythm level.

to explain my concern better - if my A stomp with Wah is set to "Touch" to utilize the spring loaded switches pedal va midi, will a switched pedal be able to be used in the above fashion? If it is problematic, I was thinking of just copying my Wah into Stomp B, using new pedal to turn that on/off... thanks for anyone's help!

I'm still using older firmware w/o the new "merged" profiles, so not very well versed in this issue, but... as I understand it, the "cab" coloration still affects the tone , even with the "monitor cab OFF" engaged. That's just how the older profiles were made. The new firmware does it a little different. I just use it to my advantage and found a cab I liked as part of my overall tone.

Essentially, what happens when you hit the button on the EP-1, the wah in Stomp A is activated. At this point, because wah>volume has been ticked, wah takes precedence over volume when using the expression pedal. Hit the button again to turn off the wah. Now the volume function is active.

Hi - I'm late to the party but I'm hoping to add a second wah / plus boost to my live rig so I can run across stage. I have liquid foot plus three pedal ( delay mix, volume - set for 5db boost range, and wah (Mission spring-loaded) works great - just want another spot on stage to solo, grab spotlight, act like jackass, etc... and I'm too clumsy to run back to my peda board!

If I add the EP1-KP, with the switch, it seems like it could do the volume, then, when depressing button, wah so that's great - my question: would the volume be at the max when you switch it to the wah function? That would actually be preferable. I don't change rigs so I wouldn't have the problems associated wit that... I presume running this whole thing into the Kemper via TRS cable won't disturb my existing pedal control set-up.

I just started another thread trying to suss this out so sorry for any redundancy - thanks!

I think you should be able to configure another pedal plugged to the back of the Kemper totally separately from the others.

Yes - I have an unused TRS line on my cable snake so this does appeal to me, as opposed to having to remember how to program that darn Liquidfoot! I'm sure I can at the very least just do this to use the existing wah stomp ... just looking for maybe a bit more function by adding boost but really, I'll survive - "quality problems", as they say.

To compound matters, proving hard to get springloaded pedal, no one has in stock currently (except directly from Mission, which cost more)

I know this has been beat to death, and there might be more than one way to skin this cat, but I'm at work and don't mind wasting my (and your) time :D

I already have a great MIDI set up; Liquid foot with 3 expression pedals, delay mix, volume (5db boost range) and wah, works great. I use the spring loaded Mission EP1-BK-SPL for wah - I love the feel / function of the spring load.

here's my scenario: adding another expression pedal to control wah (and possibly boost) to put at another location on stage for live shows (so I can go over and annoy other band members, grab spotlight, etc.)

I know I could add another EP1-BK-SPL to the MIDI set up, and maybe mess around with the parameters to have this one also do a boost... but that sounds hard and would require me to think, reprogram the board, etc.

For a lazy solution, how about I use the switch input on back of Kemper to control a second wah stomp, this one with a volume boost in its setting? Would the MIDI wah want to turn on both stomps (and vice versa for the new switch input wah)? ?(

Oh yeah! I kinda ditched that yahoo email - to much junk to pick thru. basically Mike get's an early SD Custom, and I think changes the magnets (or something) I can't quite be sure, but they sound KILLER. As you know, he's very particular about it. He might be willing to do one and mail it to you - worth a shot!

ESP Roope Latvala... not quite my latest but better late than never!

Upgraded to tungsten trem block, red "heavy" springs and solid brass spring claw, also added Goldo Back Box Trem stopper....usually I would just replace with kahler but I didn't want to molest this one since its pretty rare guitar (and $$$)

Pulled the passive EMG (why?) and have Morin-modded SD custom in there now.

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/artist/roope_latvala/

Geez - I wish I could be more helpful... it doesn't add up, hardware wise, which still leads me to believe there is a setting that needs adjustment somewhere... you got the "monitor output" volume up? I thinks its on the next (or previous) page of the dialog screen I posted.

Regarding settings... make sure this little box is checked. If not the "cab" part of profile is going to your monitor output and your sound will be completely jacked up. When I first tried a KPA out the Guitar Center guys didn't know this so it sounded like ass. It's counter intuitive to have to click a box on to turn a feature off.... Please double check this and the "Monitor Output" volume before you rewire a cab - I had to go thru the same thing to get my stage volume.

FYI Kemper manual warns against loads of less than 8 ohms.
    [Blocked Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CCmJETXXIAAgK4x.jpg]

I run basically the same step up - high gain profile on Powerhead into a 16 ohm vintage Marshall cab (with mix of Black and Creamback's, approx. 120 watts) and it is loud as f*@k, at least inside... as I recall I did need to go thru all those settings / menus a couple times to sort out the outputs... check em again? Probably something simple. I'll check my parameters tonight and post back.

PS: outdoors you might have to dime it...

Master: 5.0
    Monitor volume: -13.7 db
    Power amp boost: 12 db

My settings at rehearsal, usually don't have to change at gig (stage volume determined by a fairly loud drummer). We play screechy punk horror metal, relying heavily on feedback and jumping around.

Rehearsal into 2 x 12 (half a shitty peavey 4 x 12 cab I wired to stereo in the 90's - modern 75 watt Celestions, can't remember ohmage...),

Gigs, into a vintage Marshall 4 x 12 similar yours (30 watts black/creambacks, 16ohm). (I replaced the back of the cab with a nice piece of birch, that can help tone).

I also have custom 2x12 with reissue Greenbacks (total, 16 ohm) that's plenty loud, as well.

Plenty of headroom for most situations with any of the above, tho outdoors seems like the sound can disappear but I'm sure that's with any set-up. I guess the only difference is the back/cream backs speakers vs the greenbacks.. altho my 2x12 tears it up.... can you borrow another cab just to make sure it's not your settings?

I use Liquidfoot JR - 8 very customizable buttons (with LCD for each, in 2 rows of 4) plus accepts 4 expression peals (of which I use three). I wanted a small footprint and 3 expression pedals (volume, delay mix and wah). I only use the bottom 4 buttons (L>R : beat sense/tap delay time, tuner, "clean" profile, high gain profile) I would probably go with the Kemper foorswitch, now that its' available... about same price/ size / functions. Prior I used FB 101 with UNO for Kemper.

Just as an aside (and might not apply at all to solid state power amps) but my amp "guru" insists that a 16 ohm load will sound better , at least on the amps he builds / mods.... In my completely informal, unscientific, non systematic experiments with cab loads, I haven't noticed that big of a volume difference, everything else being equal.

I run basically the same step up - high gain profile on Powerhead into a 16 ohm vintage Marshall cab (with mix of Black and Creamback's, approx. 120 watts) and it is loud as f*@k, at least inside... as I recall I did need to go thru all those settings / menus a couple times to sort out the outputs... check em again? Probably something simple. I'll check my parameters tonight and post back.

PS: outdoors you might have to dime it...