Posts by JVDW

Gone for Logic Pro iPad. 50€ per year and plenty of vintage drums or loops, and can beam it via AirPlay to my speakers. Simple to use, sounds good and can keep it next to me. At same time opens option to record Kemper onto pro Logic … .

Just thinking of Highway to Hell intro, with drum joining the guitar … brilliant sound …

What is the easiest/ simple way to get a good vintage acoustic rock drum sound to play along in the room with my kemper ? An aux in ? Using Garage band Drummer - seem to have trouble sending it to my Homepods. Or dust my Boss Dr770 (?) and run a wire into keeper aux ? Didn’t like that sound too much - not big enough.

What do you guys do to get a great drum sound in the room to practice over ? What software , what drumbox, how connect it , to what speaker … into kemper Kabinet , or separate speaker … ?

Everything you need to know about drives, in 3 part course … brilliant sounds , amps, guitars, … enjoy the journey …

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

His Les Paul - The Beast - was briefly put on sale for 1,3 mio Euro. He published a book couple of years ago on all his guitars, and last year put most of them on sale in the UK through a vintage dealer. Andertons in UK did an interview with him couple of years ago. Think his biggest hit he co-wrote was "Come An’ Get It ".

I use the THR30ii with the wireless remote GT10 - 100% freedom of wires for quick guitar breaks. Kemper + Amp Kemper Kab for when more time at hand ... Fender Tweed Blues Reissued + JHS Black Box ( to control volume a bit) for the full AITR

Would be great to have Kemper wireless link up with iPad. Trying to set up Kemper + Kone always ready to play, and hooking up laptop with USB wire is not as flexible as an iPad.

Anyone having any experience / recommendation with the above ?

Looking to link non powered Toaster to Audio interface for a) recording to laptop ; b) also works standalone with no laptop connected. Like that i would like to have audio interface working like a regular mixer with multiple ins and have 2 or 3 bus mixes to route to 2-3 dedicated outputs.

Like that i can always play guitar through Kemper without having to drag laptop to it.

I am aware that Focusrite 18i8 and 18i20 would do this ( but saw some limitation that it can only do 1 mix out ?)

Also saw that MOTU ultralight mk5 can do this , and have several Bus/sub mixes ? But read a lot of issues with MOTU drivers/mix software (any experience on forum with issues MOTU ?) ?

Read a lot of good about RME - Fireface UC would be not bad, but is quite old. Can we use their Mix software with iPad or does it always need connected laptop ?

UA Apollo Twin looks very sexy, but does not come with RCA SPDIF. see also options from Audient ID44 or Audiofuse studio 18i20.

UA Apollo x8 looks great, and plug ins look sexy, but do we really need them ?? also fear 3000 EUR is bit silly for keen amateur wanting to do some home recording, and X4 is 2300 EUr and doesn't have SPDIF

Have already Presonus Studio 2632 thunderbolt 2 , that works OK, but cannot work standalone unfortunately. pity about the very low latency thunderbolt if one needs always laptop.

requirements

- would like to connect kemper via SPDIF - unless forum finds this is overstated

- reamping would be nice option

- 2 or 4 inputs at least (reamping, plus drum input mono)

- 4 -6 out to send to 1) Kemper Power Kab; 2) stereo monitor mix

- Adat out would be good so on those couple occasions that i use the persons studio, I can link them up.

- if mixer software of Audio Interface works remote with iPad, that would be great - nothing to connect, no long wires to top over, ... and seems Kemper will soon get RigMgr via iPad ?

Or should i just buy a regular mixer or one of those Behringer Air x18 ?

Any views/ experiences ?

I feel your pain. I raised the issue of preset/file management years ago. Cannot edit and save to; can have multiple presets of exactly the same name; no way to determine what version of a preset you are using, etc. Thats why my kemper is only used for recording now. When I want to play music, I grab my Blues Jr. (LOL!) and go play music. When I want to waste immense amounts of time screwing around trying to figure out how to come up with a good rig for recording, I I use the Kemper.

Fully agree w you. I am too much sidetracked by all options. Is why I opted for Kemper versus Axe ( was even worse there). Spend too much time with my Line6 M case as well. Want to load a preset, and practice - all this is no point unless ones guitars kills advance.

Is why I like the Kemper Tribute so much - good start, and allows me to look for all those riffs. Later one, I will "optimize my sound". aLready happy to have 1 box & 1 remote to contain everything for a song. Fantastic for that. And if it is good enough for Mark Knopfler, who am I to complain !! Still remember fondly his last concert in Belgium - what a sound - and with Kemper !!

Think I will look for an extra extension Cab for my Fender Blues deluxe reissue - have had it for 15-20 yrs and always come back to it. Too loud, but my JHS Black Box gives me a Master Volume. Maybe putting a Cab extra on the Combo will allow me to put Volume beyond "2" without ending with bleeding ears :) - would like bigger sound and more crunch without waking the whole street .

you have the monitors connected directly to the main output? if so why? because i did that mistake and the kemper sounded way worse than it should, you should connect them to the monitor out and direct out and set to stereo.

Oh ? was not aware. This is a home setup. Don't have a band (would like to) so no need so far to have "gig setup" versus Home setup compatibility.

I have my Monitor speakers to Main Out, and Kemper Powered Kone to Monitor Out Mono - which is iI think how they recommend it.

Should I change anything ?

this dominant frequency is almost certainly the cabinet rather than the speaker. If you put thrKone in the Fender Cabinet I would expect to see the same 160hz response. Likewise, if you put the Fender speaker in the Kemper Kabinet it would probably have a dominant frequency around 224hz.

With regards to the speaker imprints all sounding very similar; this seems strange. In my experience they all sound noticeably different

you can only use imprints with the Monitor Out. The imprints are never sent to any of the other outputs. This would explain why the "rendering" is different and flatter - you aren't actually hearing the imprint.

Thank you for the reply.

I have since updated from 8.0.2 to 8.2 - this has changed some settings on Kone (added PWR display in Kone view amongst other). Had to load some presets again. But since, i tested again and have better tones and hear a difference when changing imprints . Assume some of my settings must have been off. So will have to test more (and play more !!)

I am still confused, where is Rig Manager 3.2.28?

it is the 3.2 BETA one that pops-up on your "check for updates" but it is in fact the 3.2.28 that you need to install OS 8.2.0 ... - it is very confusing. After installation it says 3.2.28 (no mention of BETA on Splash screen)

welcome to the Kemper Kab club !

Have non-powered Toaster since 2013 but do not play often - pure hobby.

Have Powered Yamaha HS8 connected to Main Out. 2 weeks ago I received Kemper Powered Kabinet to achieve this "amp in room" sound - much more 'percussive' - Monitor never gave that Palm Mute Percussion effect i get with Amp.

I have the Kemper Powered Kabinet since 2 weeks. I also have a Fender Tweed Blues Reissue, that I profiled. I still find the Fender has more "amp in room". I managed to increase volume of Kemper Kabinet - initially was really low, but there are many settings spread all over ( has anyone counted the number of Volume and Gain knobs spread ? which one effects what chain ???). Had to play with different EQ, and 'definition' /presence / clarity settings all over to get similar clarify again - Kemper Kab was very muffled initially.

Shame as I bought Kemper Kab to get the "Kemper ideal Reference Sound" - it should be the Benchmark, so I can worry less about million of settings, and focus more on playing while have the "great sound experience".

sadly - nope .... .

Last weekend i downloaded an RTA spectrum analysis app for iPad. It showed that my Fender Amp has a dominant frequency around 160 Hz. I tested all Kab Speakers, and they all sounded very similar to each other and all had same 224Hz dominant frequency. The frequency around 160Hz was much lower in amplitude on the Kab, even though my Fender Blues is a half Open back, so should have less bass compared to the closed back Kemper Powered Kab.

Anyone any experience wit this ? Are the speaker/imprint differences really subtle and do I need to train my ear more ?

My Hs8 Yamaha monitors connected to Main Out, have the same 160Hz dominant frequency as my Fender - so nothing wrong with Profile. So, maybe the Kone has more "Air replacement / SPL" but my HS8 monitors sound much more like my Fender Blues than the Powered Kab.

Go figure ....

I lost me 1 sheet Kabinet settings that was in box - can anyone scan this and put on Forum , please ?

Any other suggestions ?

And both ordered from amazon DE and delivered within days ...

For Stage use, you can add sandbags onto the feet of the stand for extra stability. This is standard procedure for photography/lighting stands. They are 3 foldover pouches that you can fill with silicone or sand and close up with zip, so they are easy to stow away/transport, but add a lot of stability.

Further to my post earlier, attached photo's of stand I ordered recently. I find the Adam Hall one much sturdier ( and cheaper). The K&M one with extra mouse surface I keep for my iPad. I've put a laptop rack on top of the Adam Hall - works great.

And both ordered from amazon DE and delivered within days ...

Further to my post earlier, attached photo's of stand I ordered recently. I find the Adam Hall one much sturdier ( and cheaper). The K&M one with extra mouse surface I keep for my iPad. I've put a laptop rack on top of the Adam Hall - works great.