Posts by wakjob

How come you have to pick an existing profile that sounds similar to the
    amp you want to profile?

Why is the 'Profiler' position not just a blank empty space with no identifying
    text, and a dead/dry DI type signal?

Sitting here bored and this popped into my head.

Thanks guys! Pretty pleased with this one....it's a very tough amp to profile so it took quite a bit of time to get these down.

They have an "inspirational" quality about them that just makes you jam out and write new riffs!

Yeah i'd love to do more....if I can get my hands on more amps =p

Agreed!

We tried profiling my 8100 about 6 or 8 times doing all kinds of adjustments.
    My hats off to you and every engineer that has had to record with one in their
    studio.

I totally understand the 'softness' in the attack. It took me a while to get used to it.
    Some equate it to latency, but it isn't the same.

I make a High Pass Filter with a Graphic EQ in the Stomp section
    as a work around. It helps a lot.

I also stopped playing my real amps, so there's no A/B-ing going on in
    my head. I've just adapted to the KPA's signature way of feeling.

Just to play devils advocate.... Isn't that just in the 'spirit' of the Kemper idea?

Think. The KPA effectively steals the soul of an amplifier. And we all get to use it!
    I'm not complaining at all about it either... I get to try out sooooo many amps
    the I'll never even see in real life... for free.

None of my money is going into the coffers of Marshall Co., Mesa Co., Fender Co., ect...

Plus, they urged people to buy the commercial packs if they find things they liked.
    No different than finding and listening to an album on YouTube where the
    poster encourages you to go buy the album if you like it.

Not trying to make a stink or anything. I just smell hypocrisy and
    a blurred line of ethics here.

^
    Agreed x 100!

I've just given up on even trying to explain the KPA to people anymore.
    Now I just feed their prejudice and agree with their anti-digital bias to avoid an argument.

I'm digging the Morgan Pushed for twang ATM.

I've tried all the dirt pedals in the stomp section and have come to the conclusion
    that the Gain knob seems to work better for me.

I'm speaking about adding grit all the Clean to Med Gain type of profiles mostly.
    I've even taken it to the extreme, and liked it better than some of the High Gain profiles.

Just wondering what everyone else's thoughts and experiences were?

Another fan here!

The Shiva Clean+ is amazing. I can't get over how versatile it is.
    It loves the guitars volume knob.

I plugged my PowerHead into a 4x12 and grabbed a guitar tuned to drop C
    with a Duncan Invader in the bridge. I was playing some old metal tunes
    we wrote years ago. Again... with the Clean+! Just bumped the gain up.

I actually like it better than a lot of the high gain metal profiles. :whistling:

I'm SUPER picky about my high gain needs.
    So no, I don't get along with the bulk of the 'metal' profiles.

The one's that I do like, I've had to tweak the crap out of em'.

I'm getting much better results doing my own profiles for my high gain tastes.

As far as clean, on edge, and medium gain stuff?....
    I've found tons of profiles I really like.
    Bogner Barcelona w/Tim pedal, Bogner Shiva Clean+, Carr sv6, to name a few.

I know his sound is heavily laden with effects,
    but I can hear the base tone quite well in performances like 'Retinal Circus'.
    I know the EMG 81 is a big part of it.

Anyone have a profile close to his Axe Fx II setting?
    I know he's been fond of Peaveys in the past.

also, 'fizzy' is one of those buzzwords that I have really grown to dislike, since it doesn't mean anything.

Doesn't mean anything? Ok... I just don't know the technical term for the sharp spikes in the hard clipping wave form.

we have so many great high gain players and producers that love and use the Profiler everyday that it's safe to say that there is nothing wrong with the Profiler when it comes to HiGain.

I know. I've seen all the videos and heard far too many fantastic clips. So I know the potential of the KPA.
    I need to learn it better.

I did just make some headway going back to guitar cab/speakers tonight. I re-profiled an amp and made some changes like, turning down the amps Pres. Treb. and Gain a bit more. The distortion texture/character came out much more clearer with less 'hash' and sharp edges, but still has plenty of bit.

Baby steps.

PS I like all of your profiles that came preloaded. Some of the best in there.

I'm finding the Kemper + real guitar cab is very speaker dependent. Some sound good, others don't.

You're supposed to turn off the cab sims when using it this way. But, I actually found that some of the profiles better with it left on, and made further EQ adjustments. Usually raising the Treble and/or Presence.